PDA

View Full Version : Walgreens three twelve packs 12oz cans for $3 or less after rebate

01GTB
03-27-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't even know if it is appropriate to post this in here or not, but I'll take the chance. I am not sure if this available in all areas, so you will need to check your local store, or you can browse your local circular online.

Walgreens has three 12-packs of can Dr Pepper, Sunkist, A&W, Canada Dry, and 7Up for 8 bucks. The April Easy Saver catalog (you can find them on their site or in the stores) has a $5 mail-in rebate when you buy 3 twelve packs of these brands. The rebate catalog is good for a month. So you can purchase them and get the $5 rebate between now and then. But the sale price of $8 for the three twelve packs is only good this week. There is a limit of one offer for the rebate though.

A note about Walgreens Easy Saver rebates. They are about the easiest and most reliable I have ever dealt with. You mark what you bought for the month on a sheet in the catalog, put all the receipts in the envelope for all your rebate purchases for the month and send it in. Generally you don't even have to mess with clipping UPCs. You can take a gift card instead of the check and get an extra 10%. You can add your monthly rebate totals to your existing gift card.

Summary:

Go to Walgreens, get three 12-packs of the drinks I listed above. It will be $8 and tax. (deposit for some, I guess) Grab an Easy Saver catalog. Go to near the center of the booklet and find the form. Mark what you got. Put your receipt(s) and form in there and send it off to get $5 back. ($5.50 if you choose to take a gift card) If you happen to have some coupons for this, the deal should be that much better.

They usually have enough deals on a variety of things during a month to warrant even messing with this. You just compile everything and send it in at the end of the month in one envelope. Here is a link to the Easy saver catalog online

http://www.walgreens.com/rebate/RebatePeriod79.pdf

I figured I would mention, if you are in there, they also have four 2-liter bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew for 4 bucks. Pick up a sale flyer when you walk in, and on the back there is a $1 instant savings when you buy these. So 4 for $3. Not a "falling all over yourself" deal, but 75 cents plus tax for a two-liter out the door ain't bad.

[ 03-27-2006, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: 01GTB ]

Mr Zabe
03-27-2006, 02:09 AM
I am a bargain junky.
I will only buy things on sale.
I always buy store brands when I can.

I am NOT a rebate man.
Just my wacky hang-up but I hate the process of keeping receipts,rebate forms and mailing it all in and waiting weeks for a $1 check.

Granted Walgreen's has probably the finest rebate program of any national retailer. I choose not to deal with rebates.

The current rebate for 12pack at Walgreens is for sure a nice deal. I rather find what I want on sale and pay now and drink shortly there after.LOL

[ 03-27-2006, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]