PDA

View Full Version : Barq's Red Creme

redcreme1
11-25-2006, 11:04 AM
I just recently moved to Charlottesville, VA. Upon my first visit, I saw one 12-pack of Barq's Red Creme in a local Food Lion store. Since then, I can not find the beverage in any store anywhere nearby (including Harrisonburg, VA and Staunton, VA). Has it been discontinued entirely by the company, or where do they still carry it? I was excited to return to an area that carried the drink. (It was readily available in Columbia, MO a few years ago when I lived there).

Cheerwine seems to be available here, and it seems like that is a rare find to many! Are there any other local favorites around here that are unavailable elsewhere?

This board is fascinating, I am new to the beverage distribution "territory laws", etc. I'm not in this business field at all...

Dr. dnL
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm in north Florida. The ONLY time I ever see Barq's Red Creme Soda is when I visit family in Columbus, OH. They have it in fridge packs and 20oz bottles there. You can also get it in White Castle's fountain.

golee1
11-25-2006, 04:52 PM
I work for Coca-Cola in Staunton and no, we don't carry Red Creme anymore. We used to, but with all the new products we've picked up in the last few years there's just too much to fit on the shelf, so some of the slower sellers had to go. Red Creme hasn't been discontinued entirely though; it's just up to each location as to whether to carry it or not. I'm not sure if Charlottesville still carries it or not, you can call the sales center at 296-6253 to find out. Ask to speak to Michael Whyte.

As far as any local favorites, I can't think of too many off the top of my head. You already mentioned Cheerwine. Sun Drop has reappeared here in Staunton after a long absense. Caffeine free Dr Pepper and Mountain Dew are also available. From Coke you'll find Pineapple Fanta and Tab. I found Sunkist Fruit Punch at one of the Food Lions in Charlottesville a few weeks ago.

fusion
11-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Red Creme is a big seller in Ohio, it's very plentiful there. You can also find it in western Pennsylvania. And around Cincinnati, you can find diet as well.

If you look around, you will probably also find longnecks (12oz glass bottles) from Dr Pepper West Jefferson NC. They produce all sorts of stuff in glass bottles.

Pepsi in the Charlottesville area carries Cheerwine since Dr Pepper is carried by an independent company. They also own a company called Virginia Beach Beverages who sell stuff like 7Up, A&W, and so on in southeastern VA. To the west of that is Canada Dry Potomac, who do indeed sell Sunkist Fruit Punch - they just started a few months ago.

jerr2429
11-25-2006, 07:09 PM
you can get barqs red cream in 20 oz and 12 pack in scranton pa.

golee1
11-25-2006, 10:59 PM
I thought Dr Pepper was Pepsi's in Charlottesville? It's in their sets.