View Full Version : cheerwine vs Dr.Pepper

doulasc
11-25-2006, 06:25 PM
I have never had cheerwine,but from reading
the message boards people say its like Dr.Pepper
with a blast of cherry taste.
Dr.Pepper has a cola color,Cheerwine looks
like it has a burgandy color to it.
How does Cheerwine compare to regular Dr.Pepper?
Caffine-Yes Cheerwine does have Caffine.
I have ordered a case of Cheerwine and I sould have it buy the end of next week.

Thanks

Doug

fusion
11-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Whoever says that is smoking something... They taste nothing like each other.

01GTB
11-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Doug, if you are an infrequent drinker of Dr Pepper, you are going to think the people that gave you this information are a little off. If you are a big-time Dr Pepper drinker you will immediately recognize those that told you this need to seek professional help :D Nothing against Cheerwine. I am sure the folks that drink it would think the same if their drink of choice was compared to Dr Pepper.

drpep
11-26-2006, 09:08 PM
I might dare say Cheerwine MAY have tasted more like Dr Pepper's Red Fusion but it tastes NOTHING like Dr Pepper.

RubberDucky
11-26-2006, 09:15 PM
never had cheerwine so wouldnt know.. and mr.pibb is better than dr.pepper anyway.

doug1885
11-26-2006, 10:35 PM
I recently had some real-sugar glass bottled Cheerwine, and it is pretty good. I can see how someone who grew up with it could like it as much as some like Dr Pepper. It has a similar mouthfeel, which no doubt is due to the phosphoric acid in both. But for Cheerwine, the primary flavor is CHERRY. For Dr Pepper it's, well, DR PEPPER.

-Doug :)

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Cheerwine doesn't really taste like the Dr, but it's the closest thing to compare it to. Their spicy taste is somewhat similar, although Cheerwine's is VERY subtle.

Fine, if Dr P is a poor comparison, then what is better? And don't mention some microbrew cherry soda that you can't find anywhere. I believe Dr P is the best mainstream comparison.