PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here glad to find this website

Alan11
03-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Stumbled across this site while I was looking for some bottled dr pepper one night on a search engine. Just wanted to say hello.

fusion
03-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Welcome! Jump right in on the discussions.. it's always great to hear from other people.

What part of Virginia are you from? Virgina has a few interesting independent bottlers.

PBG-Roanoke also produces Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, which is the closest source to me, other than the independent Pepsi distributor that is buying from them and importing it into eastern Maryland.

Alan11
03-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome, I live in Roanoke ironically. We have cherry vanilla dr pepper right now in everything but cans. Diet is available in cans. The good thing here is when all the pepsi/dp products go on sale the cvdp are included. Last week food lion had the 2 liters for .69 needless to say I loaded up.

I will post something about it later but i found some dr pepper longneck 12oz bottles while I was at myrtle beach two weeks ago. Found out they were bottled in west jefferson nc emailed the guy and they sell them from their warehouse for 14.00 per 24. I will talk to you later about this I got go now so I won't be late for work lol

NRGChick
03-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Newbie here too! Great discussion boards. Just thought I'd say hello! *waves* ;)

drpep
03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Welcome! I have relatives in Roanoke so I'm there about once a year. Head across the border to Mount Airy, you will find lots of longneck product from West Jefferson Dr Pepper, except Dr Pepper. If you want Dr Pepper you have to hit the small towns across the border from Galax.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-16-2005, 12:02 PM
howdy everybody!

Alan11
03-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks to the other people as well for the welcome. Just to let you know and this will help you out on your trip to virginia this year.

I have been in contact with an account rep at the west jefferson warehouse and he told me they have dr pepper longnecks available along with other flavors, which I am wating on a reply from him on those for 14.00 plus tax per case of 24. I paid a 1.50 for the longneck dr pepper I had at myrtle beach two weeks ago. I am pretty sure these were made from cane sugar, they sure tasted better than the normal dps i drink. I am heading down that way in the next few weeks and since they are impossible to find I am going to pick me up 3 or 4 cases and put them up.

The good thing about living in Roanoke is just about everything soft drink wise is available here thanks to blue ridge beverage and the coca cola and pepsi bottler we have in town. If you guys need me to check for anything let me know.

fusion
03-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Cane sugar or not, pretty much everything is going to taste better in glass. Different carbonation level than plastic or cans, and they chill better, in my opinion.

West Jefferson is a highly regarded operation on this board.

Alan11
03-16-2005, 11:02 PM
The gentleman who got in touch with me in west jefferson was quite nice, even offered to ship them to my house for me. 30 bucks a case shipped is a bit too steep. My wife has family outside charlotte and we are going to swing by the warehouse in the next couple weeks on the way down.

Is west jefferson the only place to get the bottled dp?

drpep
03-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Sanford, NC; south of Raleigh, has Dr Pepper in 8oz bottles but not with cane sugar. This, in my opinion, is the best Dr Pepper. Sanford Coke, which bottles it, only has rights for DP for a small area around Sanford. The IGA in Lillington was the cheapest. It comes in 6 packs but the bottles are in Coke carriers so you have to look at the caps.
There are bottlers who produce 8 oz Dr Peppers in New Hampshire, Texas and I think Oklahoma. I think you can still find 12 oz longnecks with screw top caps in Texas.

boodoo
03-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Howdy Alan11.

Alan11
03-17-2005, 01:32 PM
sanford, thanks for that advice, we can swing by there on the way home from west jefferson smile.gif these 12oz longnecks from wj and you probably know are the screw top kind.

thanks for the welcome boodoo

NRGChick
03-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Howdy LIL.. How da heck are ya?!?!?!? :D

drpep
03-17-2005, 09:23 PM
The West Jefferson are the metal crown you need an opener for.

Alan11
03-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Maybe I am stronger than what I thought I was then lol, I got the one at myrtle beach to screw off but it took a little work. I am from the old days of using a bottle opener for my drinks so good thing I never threw it away smile.gif

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-18-2005, 02:58 AM
they still have 8oz Dr Pep's from CCE in Michigan. I've seen them in various places from Coke bottlers in Tennessee and Kentucky as well. Plant MR - refer to the "CCE Plant Code " thread but I think it's somewhere in Georgia.

XLS_04
03-18-2005, 05:35 AM
Hi Alan, NRG, everyone else

NRGChick
03-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Hi there XLS! How are ya?!?!?

fusion
03-19-2005, 12:50 AM
MR is Marietta, Georgia. They produce glass for most of the east coast and other parts of the eastern US, along with Needham Heights MA (NH). It's a fairly big facility, located in metro Atlanta. They produce regular packages for the Atlanta Division of CCE as well as the glass stuff.

[ 03-18-2005, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Alan11
03-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for all the valuable info. The bad thing about West Jefferson if you call it that is, I have to take a day off from work to go get the drinks. We are planning a trip to Charlotte in a couple weeks to visit my wifes family so that isn't a biggie.

Sanford isn't too far for me either so might have an entire trunk full of drinks when I get back home smile.gif Does anyone know off hand how much those 8oz were in the Lillington area?

This board is great and I am very happy to know other people in the world, would go on trips to get certain drinks as well.

drpep
03-20-2005, 09:58 PM
The IGA in Lillington was cheaper than the Piggly Wiggly in Sanford (as of May 2004) but don't drive to Lillington just for DP. You are going out of your way. It is almost a 1/2hr trip and if you take 421 from Sanford it is a pain in the rear as 421 is the main road thru Sanford and is congested. Do a Yahoo Yellow Page (or your favorite search site)search for the Piggly Wiggly in Sanford. They were cheaper than Food Lion and Winn Dixie in town. I wish I could remember the prices, I know WD and FL were over $4 for a six pack. BTW, I drove from Concord to Sanford in October, it is a longer drive than it looks.
I have a letter for Sanford Coke somewhere. If you find their number and call I remember they wrote you could pick product up at their office.

Another place for you. China Grove off I-85 exit 68 and south on 29 for about 1.5 miles is a grocer that has Mexican Coke and Pepsi, forgot the name but they are part of the Galaxy Food operation.

[ 03-20-2005, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]