PDA

View Full Version : how good is 0.6% share

RubberDucky
11-26-2006, 10:27 PM
ok, if vault sold 0.6% share for the first half of the year, is that good and if it is... how good is it???? like really good or okay?

popologist
11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
are you asking about vault? because, i'd think that 0.6%, for a new product, with limited release (since it's not in many soda fountains or vending machines) is pretty good.

keep in mind that sodas in the top 10 (i.e., diet mountain dew) only have a 1.2% share.

[ 11-27-2006, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

greg
11-27-2006, 10:29 AM
My opinion is that a .6% share can be decieving. Is a .6% share in the overall CSD category? Is it a .6% share in the lemon-lime category? Is a .6% share in the Energy drink category? Is a .6% share in Cokes portfolio? Is it a .6% share in mass market accouints? is a .6% share in 20 oz CSD sales?
It all depends on where that .6% share lies.
Again, in my opinion, .6% share sucks for any Coke prouct that was as heavily hyped and maerketed such as Vault. I don't care what category it was in. Coke spent millions upon millions trying to get the public to accept this new entry into the lemon-lime/energy drink category and it pulled up lame from the get go.The public didn't understand what the drink was or is. Very confusing marketing that left ED drinkers wanting more and lemon-lime drinkers asking ....what the F%^$ is this?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Very good Vault... keep that 0.6% until I go to San Antonio next December 27... :D

[ 11-29-2006, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Mr Zabe
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
I agree with Greg.
I pretty much had said the same thing a while back. Coca Cola's product development and marketing most times lacks good "mass market" vision with launching new products. Good quality products with sub quality marketing usally are doomed from the start.

Blue Efficacy
11-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Vault is lemon/lime??

iluvsurge220
11-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Its citrus

greg
11-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
Vault is lemon/lime?? Not in the traditional vernacular of Carbonated soft drinks but as a market segment Mountain Dew is considered a lemon/lime or "citrus" flavored drink. Vault is in that same vein.
At any rate, call it what you will, .06% market share for the millions upon millions of marketing behind it SUX!

Blue Efficacy
11-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by greg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
Vault is lemon/lime?? Not in the traditional vernacular of Carbonated soft drinks but as a market segment Mountain Dew is considered a lemon/lime or "citrus" flavored drink. Vault is in that same vein.
At any rate, call it what you will, .06% market share for the millions upon millions of marketing behind it SUX! </font>[/QUOTE]You mean .6% tongue.gif

And if you expect a new drink like that to sell a lot more than that in its first year, you're putting unreasonably high expectations on it, IMHO.

popologist
11-29-2006, 11:13 PM
some of the brands in the top 10 sell 1.2%... and those are well-established brands that can be found everywhere (airports, soda fountains, restaurants, etc). for the most part, vault has only been available at supermarkets, so... give it time.

SURGE
12-04-2006, 06:36 PM
0.6 is huge for a product like VAULT against the established Dew and it doesnt include Zero numbers. For a first year this is better than Coke was expecting. Next year is what matters.

RubberDucky
12-04-2006, 07:06 PM
i hope it does good next year.. and the rest of the time its available cause if they discontinue it... im gonna t.p. a coca cola company smile.gif