PDA

View Full Version : 2007 predictions?

RubberDucky
11-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Mello Yello will decrease in sales due to vault.
Vault Red Blitz will be introduced and sell fairly well.
Coke Zero will be promoted a lot more.
Mdx will be released in cans.
S.M. Cranberry Splash will come back around summertime and stay.
Mountain Dew will release new line extension and it will be a hit.
Mdx will have a line extension.? Mdx Agent Blue ?
Fanta Citrus goes wide.
Coke will release new coke machines.
Coke introduces new citrus product, not competing with any other drink on market, milder than vault and smooth.
Pepsi releases Pepsi Chocolate.

things i wish would happen:
Pepsi Vanilla returns
Josta comes back
SoBe Mr.Green returns
Surge would come back and stay with vault and get rid of mello yello.

THA END

please reply with your 2007 predictions

in 2008
i predict
the complete discontinuation of MDX.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-27-2006, 06:54 PM
My predictions for 2007 in Mexico:

Coca-Cola will release even more healthy or diet drinks...
Pepsi will release more limited edition sodas...

FIN

Mr Zabe
11-27-2006, 09:27 PM
The gross national sales of the soda pop will decline by 0.45 percent. Weekly retail store "hot" sales of soda pop will reach an all time frenzy.

01GTB
11-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Prediction: These dozens of cases of sugar-sweetened soda I have will be long gone by June tongue.gif

Mr Zabe
11-28-2006, 12:03 AM
That's not a prediction....that's a given. LOL

CCE Girlie
11-29-2006, 12:37 AM
I know that Cherry Coke will get a face lift, along with a new name for the Diet Cherry Coke....and a few new "diet" drinks from Coke.
Also, the GREAT Enviga will be out!

doulasc
11-29-2006, 08:15 AM
I would say my predictions are
Coca Cola with Lime will be gone by April-Diet
Coke with Lime will soldier on.
Black Cherry Vanilla Coke will start to dissappear.

Doug

the saint
11-29-2006, 08:54 AM
There will be 486 new energy drinks brought out into the market somewhere in the US. 483 of these will be dead within 2 months.

There will be 469 new member to the bevboard posting for help in selling their garage full of "the next great" energy drink.

There will be at least one new thread asking for support in a class action lawsuit against "fill in the blank" because the product or service didn't live up to the hype presented at the investment seminar.

There will be at least one new obnoxious member touted "the next great" energy drink. Everyone will argue with him on his validity of information. Then one day he will be gone.

Other than that I will say that each of the big three will have several new products hit the shelves. One or two of the total amount will do well enough to stick around for the rest of the year, only to be killed before summer the next year.

There will be major prince increases on ALL products due to PET and aluminum skyrocket pricing increases. Sales Volume will drop dramatically. Coke and Pepsi will panic and fire hundreds of corporate yesmen at a savings of 60,000,000 for each company.

Pepsi rather than saving the money they "saved" will launch a promotion to be " a corporate XXX (couldn't think of a position of the top of my head since they change names so ofton) for a year". They will spend 58,000,000 on marketing and the remaining to pay the 4 new employees for a year. Who will in turn have a clerical error than costs Pepsi 100,000,000 dollars.

Coke on the other hand will uses their 60,000,000 on making a soda that will compete against mountain dew. It will be called "launch" it will have a massive following for the 5 months that it is available in the market. Coke execs will not see an immediate massive decline in dews numbers and will kill off "launch".

then we will start all over as we will then we have several hundred new members for 2008 who have "the next great" energy drink.....

pepsidew
11-29-2006, 09:09 AM
pepsi will intro more energy drinks, and lipton teas, more starbucks products - push plastic - make more money - cans are dead

boodoo
11-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Slurm will return in '07

Mr Zabe
11-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Saint I bet 80% of your predictions shall come to pass. :D

RubberDucky
11-29-2006, 11:08 PM
why would they bring out ?launch? if they got vault...... vault wont die that fast.

the saint
11-30-2006, 08:56 AM
why would they bring out vault, they have mello yello.

mofizz
11-30-2006, 10:31 AM
More tea.
More water.
More energy.
More healthy for you.
Flat CSD volume
Less cans.

Vault will either stay where it is or grow significantly.

Brand Pepsi and Diet Pepsi will re-write the book on packaging and advertising.

Mountain Dew will kill everything in site.

CStoreCatMan
11-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Well I'm looking at Pepsi's new item calendar for all of 2007...

And I happen to have a copy of Coke's new item calendar through April 2007...

Pepsi is going to have several new CSD's this year (only 1 of of which has been mentioned on the boards). Coke Cherry Zero is confirmed.

Of course there will be new energy drinks, teas, waters, the usual. I wish I could say more but I would probably get fired...so I'll have to wait a bit longer. Some very cool stuff is coming!

[ 11-30-2006, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

mofizz
11-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Of course there will be new energy drinks, teas, waters, the usual. I wish I could say more but I would probably get fired...so I'll have to wait a bit longer. Some very cool stuff is coming! [/QB]I feel your pain.

the saint
11-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by mofizz:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Of course there will be new energy drinks, teas, waters, the usual. I wish I could say more but I would probably get fired...so I'll have to wait a bit longer. Some very cool stuff is coming! I feel your pain. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]make that three times the charm!!!

SumPoosieCat
11-30-2006, 10:10 PM
The 64 ounce can energy drink....Gigantico Energy!

Blue Efficacy
11-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
why would they bring out vault, they have mello yello. Mello Yello is a poor beverage.

RubberDucky
11-30-2006, 11:18 PM
mello yello tastes very good, i think it tastes better than vault, but i just like vault better. mello yello wouldnt be a bad beverage is coke would advertise it. and they are slacking on vault, i havent seen a vault commerical in i dont know how long. but, in some stores here, vault goes off the shelves so fast, from people buying it, and some stores it just sits there.

golee1
11-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RubberDucky:
mello yello wouldnt be a bad beverage is coke would advertise it. Mello has been (in most parts of the country) a dog for 25+ years, with and without advertising.

iluvsurge220
12-01-2006, 11:43 AM
It might not sell too well in your area but down here it seems to sell pretty well. I know when I was in high school (a year before Vault was introduced) kids bought more mello yello than almost everything combined including Ale-8 which is a very popular local beverage here.

CStoreCatMan
12-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Lets get back on track...this thread is about 2007 predictions, not Coke's second rate citrus sodas. smile.gif

pepsidew
12-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
Lets get back on track...this thread is about 2007 predictions, not Coke's second rate citrus sodas. smile.gif haha - you are just asking to turn this thread into a pepsi vs coke thread

David J.
12-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I predict... we'll see tons more e-drinks, and Coke will introduce some great (and not so great) products, and will back them with half-assed advertising and other poor decisions.

Mr Zabe
12-02-2006, 01:40 PM
David
DITTO on the Coke advertising slam. LOLOLOLOL

iluvsurge220
12-02-2006, 01:55 PM
I predict that I am sick of CStoreCatMan because he seems to have nothing better to do than sit here and try to come up with something negative to say about Coke and their products on every post on here. OH NO WAIT, THAT’S NOT A PREDICTION THAT’S A FACT!!! :mad:

rackitup
12-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
I predict that I am sick of CStoreCatMan because he seems to have nothing better to do than sit here and try to come up with something negative to say about Coke and their products on every post on here. OH NO WAIT, THAT’S NOT A PREDICTION THAT’S A FACT!!! :mad: iluvsurge,

shaking my finger at you.

iluvsurge220
12-02-2006, 02:11 PM
lol,what do you mean by that?

rackitup
12-02-2006, 02:40 PM
lol,what do you mean by that? iluvsurge,

I was trying to find a nice way to suggest I do not care for things critical of others on this site.

Cstorecatman has a lot of good insights into the beverage industry, and has a lot of good advise for Bev Net menbers.

And BTW I meant my index finger,LOL

iluvsurge220
12-02-2006, 02:53 PM
I agree completely. Im sure that he knows way more about the beverage industry than I do, but as a loyal Vault and Coke fan, it just angers me because it seems like he is purposely trying to come up with something negative to say just to say it. Sure, if he is a pepsi guy I can understand it every now and then, but when he is criticizing every single post that says anything about Vault being good, or Vault vs. Mountain Dew, it really gets annoying. He can praise Mountain Dew all he wants, in fact I would suggest that. CStoreCatMan, you can praise Mountain Dew and Pepsi all you want but just stop being so negative towards everything we have to say.

Blue Efficacy
12-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I agree completely. Im sure that he knows way more about the beverage industry than I do, but as a loyal Vault and Coke fan, it just angers me because it seems like he is purposely trying to come up with something negative to say just to say it. Sure, if he is a pepsi guy I can understand it every now and then, but when he is criticizing every single post that says anything about Vault being good, or Vault vs. Mountain Dew, it really gets annoying. He can praise Mountain Dew all he wants, in fact I would suggest that. CStoreCatMan, you can praise Mountain Dew and Pepsi all you want but just stop being so negative towards everything we have to say. Amen, brother.

hightyto
12-02-2006, 09:48 PM
HEY CSSTORECATMAN! WHATS IN THE PEPSI CALENDER?!?!?!?!? ANYTING ABOUT MAOUNTAIN DEW?!?!?!?!? Any new flavors?!?!? i hope so!

pepsipimp
12-02-2006, 10:37 PM
In this area I was shocked to find that by 2007 in my area we will no longer be selling Mountain Dew Code Red, Lipton Brisk, and Tropicana Orangeade- all are discontinued-They are selling through whats left at the plant and then I guess our customers will have to do some traveling to find these. I can see Orangeade, it didn't sell to well here, but I was surprised about Code Red and Brisk. BTW we are independent so don't freak out, its probably just us.

David J.
12-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't be too shocked... I can tell you that Code Red sales are poor in my area. I am seeing next to no fridge packs, and it is getting hard to move it in my area.

fusion
12-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Are there plans to produce the mid-line Lipton teas in bottle/can? Similar to Coke killing off Nestea Cool, and just calling it Nestea?

pepsipimp
12-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Are there plans to produce the mid-line Lipton teas in bottle/can? Similar to Coke killing off Nestea Cool, and just calling it Nestea? Not that I am aware of. We just got 1.5 Liters of Lipton Green Tea, Dt. Green Tea, and Peach Tea.

fusion
12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
I've seen those around quite a bit. Lots of promo activity with them as well. 4/$5 pricing, get one free when you buy a 12 pack 16.9oz, and so on.

I also remember seeing 99¢ prepriced 1L Lipton products in stores around here.

CStoreCatMan
12-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
I agree completely. Im sure that he knows way more about the beverage industry than I do, but as a loyal Vault and Coke fan, it just angers me because it seems like he is purposely trying to come up with something negative to say just to say it. Sure, if he is a pepsi guy I can understand it every now and then, but when he is criticizing every single post that says anything about Vault being good, or Vault vs. Mountain Dew, it really gets annoying. He can praise Mountain Dew all he wants, in fact I would suggest that. CStoreCatMan, you can praise Mountain Dew and Pepsi all you want but just stop being so negative towards everything we have to say. Amen, brother. </font>[/QUOTE]I guess I got beat up in this thread over the weekend. Look guys, don't get all twisted by the shots I take here and there.

First, you need to know that most Coke and Pepsi employees do some smack talking about the other - its kind of an unwritten rule in the industry. Ask anyone.

Second, if I DO say something like "Vault doesn't sell well in my area" than its not something I'm saying just to be negative about the brand or about Coke. My position at Pepsi allows me to see and use sales data from a number of accounts which includes sales from ALL manufacturers. Its factual data.

Third, I've been in the beverage industry (with a focus on convenience stores ) for about 10 years now. That means I've seen the beverage industry evolve from consisting of only soda, water, teas and juices to the huge variety of categories and subcategories you see today. You can't be in the industry that long without picking up a few things along the way.

Fourth, my job deals directly with account schematics or planograms. Therefore, not only do I see sales data, I see how and where products are placed and how they do after a period of time.

So, if you like Coke - great. You like Vault - great. I actually thought it was good when I tried it if you can believe that. But, to say Vault can or will compete with Mountain Dew is very premature at this time. Not because I'm a Pepsi employee or because I don't like Coke...its because after ten years in the industry, I KNOW it takes more than a few months of intro pricing to get a brand to compete with a HUGE national best seller.

Take a look at Sierra Mist and Sprite...great example. Sprite kills Mist...but Mist has grown leaps and bounds since its release. It was a long and tough road, but I never would have said "Sierra Mist will eventually sell as well or outsell Sprite." The data just didn't support that. In this case, the data doesn't support your beloved Vault passing Mtn Dew anytime soon - especially in my market! I will never speak for the entire country (unless I have supportive data) and I always make that clear.

So moving forward, I will continue to draft my posts based on the data I have at my fingertips and based on my experience at a category manager. You can post all you want as a fan of Coke and Vault. Its a free country. But I won't sugar coat my opinions or the facts I have to save the feelings of a few Coke fans. We can agree to disagree when it comes to topics on the board, but let's keep it friendly.

Thanks,
Catman

Blue Efficacy
12-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Catman, I don't think anybody ever implied that Vault would catch Dew in the near future.

But still, a well thought out post.

iluvsurge220
12-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Well said. I respect your seniority and you definitely know more about everything than I do. Sorry for being a little too harsh in my posts. As a Coke fan, it just seemed like over and over and over the same thing was happening, but I guess I just took it the wrong way. I agree, its great to have your own opinions and disagree about things, but its silly to get heated over pop. Sure its a great thing but its just pop. So I apologize for my negative comments.

CStoreCatMan
12-05-2006, 12:58 PM
No problem guys. The bottom line is whether you are a beverage fan or employee, everyone has an allegiance to a certain company, brand, etc. And that's fine. We will all disagree on some things - but that's what makes the boards interesting and thought provoking.

I have a question about 2007 for the board...what are your thoughts on Red Bull in '07?

the saint
12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I predict a drop of 20 % in share. Not due to any one brand, but 16 oz as a whole will continue to grow and "poor" red bull will fade in the 8 oz. the 12 oz will not do anything and will be cut by...umm....I'll say sometime around april-may.

RubberDucky
12-05-2006, 09:31 PM
well... i wish they had pepsi at my school.. pepsi has way better products besides vault. because even tho i hate mountain dew thats what i would drink if they had pepsi machines at my school. they got 4 machines in the front of the school. one with just powerade, one with minute maid and fanta. the other 2 dont even have barqs or dr pepper. i guess those are for the teachers. they have 1 coke button 2 sprites 3 diet cokes, 2 diet dr.peppers & 1 coke zero. both the other machines.. one is cans one is bottles.. both same selection. theres 3 in the gym. one is the machine with the conveyer belt that never works, one has just ur normal coke products, its not like the one in the front of my school. and the other is a powerade machine with all powerade except the last button is diet drpepper. i wish my school had pepsi machines, cause sierra mist & dare i say it.. mountain dew are my favorite pepsi products and id prolly drink mountain dew at recess, but i have to drink coke :( :( or nothing at all. but im always thirsty. i usually bring a bottle of vault to school but it flattens out by 3rd hour so...

David J.
12-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I hope you realize that Soda may make you more thirsty. All of that soda isn't good for you.

BluejacketT
12-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Predictions: Dr Pepper continues to sell well (we know this could happen), Coke comes out w/ either raspberry or blackberry. Tell all folks.

clbsinvaders
12-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I would like to see the widespread distribution of Jolt in not only the battery cans, but the smaller ones as well. Having only one place in (ohio, at least) carry it is a pain.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Although is not now a prediction... Coca-Cola enters in 2007 to the energy drink market in Mexico with Burn and Tab Energy... check...

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004412

[ 12-11-2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

hightyto
12-11-2006, 07:51 PM
So what are predicitons on new flavors of Mountain Dew? Geez i want back pitch Black 1 and 2 so much! I just hope they come out with more flavors, liek they used to, and when they come out with them, not only sell them for a few month adn then yank them off the racks.

iluvsurge220
12-12-2006, 11:53 AM
What else is there that hasn't been tried already? Mello Yello had a melon flavor that didn't last long. I guess they could try that but I can't see it being too successful. What are they going to do try a banana flavored mountain dew or coconut flavored?

hightyto
12-12-2006, 05:32 PM
lol no, but what would everybody think abotu some kind of carbonated "mountain dew lemonade"?

greg
12-12-2006, 05:51 PM
What else is there that hasn't been tried already? Mello Yello had a melon flavor that didn't last long. I guess they could try that but I can't see it being too successful. What are they going to do try a banana flavored mountain dew or coconut flavored? How about a redux of Pepsi Blue in a Mtn Dew extension? Or a Cherry Limeade? With Pomegranite being a hot flavor these days maybe a Pomegranite Mtn Dew. Or maybe Strawberry. I'm sure R&D is workig on some freaky flavors as we speak.

CStoreCatMan
12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
There is some kind of new Dew coming in '07 but I have very few details as of yet. I know the name and I have a picture. That's it...

iluvsurge220
12-12-2006, 10:43 PM
And the name is and the picture looks like....Come on you know you want to tell us. I think a Blue mountain dew would be good. By the way, what in the world is a pomegranite?

SumPoosieCat
12-12-2006, 11:17 PM
I agree with your Red Bull prediction Saint... they just seem to be sleeping at the wheel.

hightyto
12-13-2006, 04:05 PM
what is it, Csstorecatman, please, im desperate, cant you tell that i am desperate, just look at me and me friends website, www.freewebs.com/bringbackdew (http://www.freewebs.com/bringbackdew) you can tell me, PLEASE TELL ME! I LOVE MD AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS COMING!PLEASE, I AM LITERALLY BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can e-mail it to me..... smile.gif

P.S. PLEASE TELL US/ME! lol

David J.
12-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Is 12oz Red Bull even out yet? I have yet to see any locally.

greg
12-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by David J,:
Is 12oz Red Bull even out yet? I have yet to see any locally. I have seen it here in a lot of locations in South Florida.
One thing I notice is at quick glance the 8.3 and 12 oz look exactly the same. Even standing side by side they look like the same size can. The graphics are exactly the same as well as the circumference to height ratio.

[ 12-13-2006, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

CStoreCatMan
12-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by hightyto:
what is it, Csstorecatman, please, im desperate, cant you tell that i am desperate, just look at me and me friends website, www.freewebs.com/bringbackdew (http://www.freewebs.com/bringbackdew) you can tell me, PLEASE TELL ME! I LOVE MD AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS COMING!PLEASE, I AM LITERALLY BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can e-mail it to me..... smile.gif

P.S. PLEASE TELL US/ME! lol Sorry boardmate. Its too far away for me to reveal anything and I don't plan on looking for a new job!

SumPoosieCat
12-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Your right greg... the 8 ounce Red Bull and the 12 ounce look identical until you get to the cash register.

hightyto
12-13-2006, 06:30 PM
are you kidding me? why not? who cares if you tell us.me? seriosuly, pepsi isnt tracking you! lol. please come on, you can e-mail it to me!

the saint
12-13-2006, 07:45 PM
No, he isn't kidding you. It is called "divulging company secrets". PBG really takes that sort of thing seriously. I know for certain there are a few of the suits that frequent the board just from my business unit, they do not post but I have been in the office and seen the forum up on the screen and them discussing how to find out who someone is.

As far as new products go I know what he is talking about, but again, I would rather keep a roof over my familys head and food in my familys mouths than to tell you. Not being a hard ass, just being realistic, anyone (well mostly anyone) else would do the same.

Mr Zabe
12-13-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm just a lover of the soda pop industry. I know in time my patience will be rewarded. I respect our industry board mates who might be privileged to some inside info. I'll take what ever tid bit they can feed me and then I'll let it go.

If I could wait for the Vault roll out then I can wait for anything. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-17-2006, 03:33 AM
One good prediction...

Coca-Cola Zero will be released in Mexico next year... I hope this prediction would make come true...

[ 12-17-2006, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]