PDA

View Full Version : Jones Cane Sugar to Launch

jblaviback
11-28-2006, 09:21 PM
I don't know if anyone saw this, but bevnet has an article up about the release of Jones soda in twelve ounce cans, sweetend with cane sugar. In my opinion this is great news. I have a question though does this presure coke or pepsi to use this?

Link to The Article (http://www.bevnet.com/news/2006/11-28-2006-Jones_pure.asp)

[ 11-28-2006, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: jblaviback ]

fusion
11-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Cans? What a dumb idea. Jones' flagship packaging is glass bottles.

Blue Efficacy
11-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Well its about freaking time.
But how much will it cost? HFCS Jones is already appallingly expensive...

Ron Swedelson
11-29-2006, 11:39 AM
The cans are so cheap in the stores, which is why they are probably doing it in cans only, and not their glass. You can buy a 4pk of bottles for like $5, or a 12 pack of cans for $4.50

Dr. dnL
11-29-2006, 12:24 PM
...maybe they are trying to offset the higher price of cane sugar by putting it in cheaper packaging? I also think this is a silly idea, but better than nothing.

If it does well, expect Pepsi/Coke to follow.

Mr Zabe
11-29-2006, 12:49 PM
You mean if it fails,Pepsi/Coke to follow. :D
At least that's how it seems as of the past few flavor extentions.LOLOLOLOL

ichiro
11-29-2006, 01:10 PM
You guys didn't get the whole article about the switch. PVS said that by mid 07, ALL jones will be cane sugar.(Includes Bottles). Cans currently sell for 3.99 a 12 pack @ target and Jones will be going national to many places with the cans in 07.
All this is not bad for a company all us oldtimers here knew as sodasmelly said they would be out of biz 3 yrs ago. Stock price of almost 10, which will double by this time next yr imho. Anyway, Ron, hope all is good with you and yours, happy holidays. Though we had a few small battles way back, you seem like a good guy.

Ron Swedelson
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
I look forward to seeing how the flavor will change, good or bad, when it switches to Cane. I think that is a big step forward for this company. I never would have worked for Jones Soda Company if I didnt like their sodas, or thought they could sell. Is SS's defence, the company had been without profit for about 7-8 years. But hey, they are going in the right direction now. I actually bought a Orange and Cream Jones this weekend down by Barstow, CA on my way back from Las Vegas. Let me tell you, holiday traffic, normal 8 hour drive turned into a 14 drive, and lots of sodas and energy drinks in your bladder do not mix.

Ron Swedelson
11-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Happy Holidays to you as well Ichi...thank you for the compliment

rackitup
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
I don't know if anyone saw this, but bevnet has an article up about the release of Jones soda in twelve ounce cans, sweetend with cane sugar. In my opinion this is great news. I have a question though does this presure coke or pepsi to use this?

Link to The Article (http://www.bevnet.com/news/2006/11-28-2006-Jones_pure.asp) I take it as great news too.

However I don't think this will motivate Coke or Pepsi to do the same anytime soon.

There have been several brands that have always had Cane Sugar.

If Coke or Pepsi switched to Cane Sugar they would be admiting they made a mistake when they switched in the first place.

SumPoosieCat
11-30-2006, 08:45 PM
I have been producing SumPoosie using real cane sugar and asking others to do the same whenever I can. The reason is simple it makes a better product that is better for you. HFCS is garbage and we all know it. I think it is a great idea and I look forward to all the wonderful flavors being made with REAL CANE SUGAR. Way to go Jones!

I use to produce SumPoosie in a glass bottle but it just got too expensive. The other problem is shipping... distributors don't want to pay 28 bucks a case and then pay thousands on top of that for the product to be shipped.

reset man
11-30-2006, 10:38 PM
The only place I can find Jones in cans around here is in Targets. If the price doesn't go up dramatically when they make the conversion I'll buy it. Jones is a great product!

ichiro
11-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Right now, target is the only place for Cans,but the exclusive Cans for target only,ends in a month. Jones raised over 30 million dollars recently to gear up for expansion. Keep an eye out over the next month as they will be announcing some deals for the 07 launch. This co. is gonna make some noise in 07, just watch.

SPLASTiK
12-01-2006, 09:08 AM
This is awesome news. I've been a loyal fan since I had my first bottle of cherry in 1998! It's great seeing how big they've grown.

I just hope they do a lot of anti-HFCS advertising!

Blue Efficacy
12-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SPLASTiK:
This is awesome news. I've been a loyal fan since I had my first bottle of cherry in 1998! It's great seeing how big they've grown.

I just hope they do a lot of anti-HFCS advertising! They can't be TOO anti-HFCS seeing as how they've used it for years. They don't want to open themselves to being labeled as hypocrites.