PDA

View Full Version : Beverage Contest

Erin
12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I saw a contest for a new beverage idea. They are giving away money to the winners. I think its great to see all the different ideas people have come up with. Do you have an idea? CHeck out this site!
http://www.bigideahunts.net/amcommuterbevhunt.html

CStoreCatMan
12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I checked out the website. So we're supposed to give this company great ideas so it can make millions...and the "top 30 ideas" get prizes? Doesn't sound like a good deal for those generating the ideas.

Then they protect themselves by saying they may receive "similar ideas" or have similar ideas internally already. Therefore, if they decide to use an idea that is "similar" to one submitted, they do not have to provide any compensation to the inventor.

So basically, this company is pawning off the difficult marketing work (research, idea generation, etc) and packaging it as a contest. They get tens of thousands of dollars worth of marketing labor for a fraction of what it would cost. Then they're off scott free with someone's great idea!

[ 12-05-2006, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

rackitup
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
So we're supposed to give this company great ideas so it can make millions...and the "top 30 ideas" get prizes? No thanks. Catman,

Anything you invent is the Property of Pepsi anyways, :(

CStoreCatMan
12-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I know...but I wouldn't enter even if I wasn't a Pepsi employee. They're not taking care of the winning inventor IMO.

Erin
12-05-2006, 03:20 PM
I called them and asked about the contest. They told me that the prize is a motivational factor for submissions. The main pojnt is the opportunity for you to get a new idea or product licensed and to make additional money doing it. THey said the idea hunt is for one of the top food companies in the United States. I think its worth a try at least. It sounds like fun and a chance to make some money!!! I'm all for that!

greg
12-05-2006, 03:37 PM
HMMMM How convenient:Big Idea Group
175 Canal Street, 5B
Manchester, NH 03101

And Erin you are from---------Manchester, NH.
I'm not saying,,,,I'm just saying.......

greg
12-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Heres an idea.
Lets make an energy drink with Vitamin B12, B6, Taurine, caffeine, L-carnitine, ribose, sugar, carbonated water, and other assorted preservatives and have it taste like tepid bathwater after an intoxicating evening of frat boys froliced the evening away in it with just a hint of citrus flavor.
Oh wait, that has been done about 12,642 times already!.

iluvsurge220
12-05-2006, 03:59 PM
LOL thats funny!!!

DrPepperYummy
12-05-2006, 09:00 PM
I suggest they make... glaceau vitaminwaters... it'll only cost about 2 billion to get it.. so get it now before its 4 billion next year! god I wish that was publicly traded stock so i could mortgage the house for some...

Mr Zabe
12-05-2006, 09:23 PM
You guys may have missed what this contest is all about.
My gut feeling is that this is a con/scam.
They bait you into thinking you have a brilliant idea for a soda pop, then they con you into investing in their "brilliant project".

They milk you for what ever they can by telling you what a great idea you have. The ego at times can get milked like a cow,an old wise Zabe family proverb. LOL

"If it sounds to good to be true...then it is too good to be true."

"There is no such thing as free lunch."

IMO....throw your cash at a bonfire....at lest you can watch it burn. LOLOLOL

[ 12-06-2006, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

rackitup
12-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I just submited my Winner,,,,,,,,,,,,,Camel Milk in an udder shaped foil dispencer,,,,umm,umm.

Can any bev Board Members give me some Hot ideas for my Great invention?

Maybee we can team up and win a "insulated Radio Cooler", or dare to dream be one of the five recipients of a "tassimo drink machine".

Some possible tag lines,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The Liquid meal that will blow you away,
Sum Camel Cream cat, OK just sum Camel Cream,LOL
Run with the Lil Camel,

J O K E

Blue Efficacy
12-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Drinking camel milk is more disgusting than drinking cows milk HOW?

If you lived in an area where the cow would be considered "exotic" you would probably think twice before trying it..

Erin
12-06-2006, 09:15 AM
OK Busted. I work for them. It is definietly not a scam. It doesn't cost you any money. If your idea is used, you get money. If it is not used - we can't use it. I just thought this would be a great place to let people know about the contest.

ichiro
12-06-2006, 11:20 AM
busted is right. How do you have any credibility now??..how bout your bosses come up with their own great ideas.

CStoreCatMan
12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Erin, can't you see my original point though? I think the type of drink they want to create is a great idea. However, it really feels like the winner of the contest gets the short end of the stick. So they win a few grand and a drink machine? And your company gets to laugh all the way to the bank. They'll end up with a great idea for pennies on the dollar - which is great for you guys but not for the inventor. Can you understand my viewpoint?

Erin
12-06-2006, 01:45 PM
CStoreCatMan,

I do see your point, but I don't think it works like that. This is a chance for an inventor to get a product idea licensed by one of the top food companies in the country. Licensing means getting royalties for the use of your intellectual properties. That is the real prize. A stream of revenue generated by y our idea.

People are always trying to get their ideas into companies who do not take ideas from outside sources. We are a go between between inventors and these companies.

The big company hired us to run this contest. We have an excellent reputation among inventors.

CStoreCatMan
12-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Ok then...if the inventor does get royalties and/or licensing fees that sounds better. Unfortunately, I can't enter since I already work for a bev company. Thanks for the info though.

NRGSLLR@
12-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Erin, do you offer a non disclosure agreement prior to submission?

ebjz
12-07-2006, 09:34 AM
NRGSLLR - We don't have a specific NDA, but the entry agreement that you sign before making your submission does offer you some protection. You can also check us out at the American Inventor Association of which we are a member in good standing.