PDA

View Full Version : Interesting soda

gregmech26
03-28-2005, 11:12 PM
I went to Farmer Jack and found "Reed's Jamaican style Ginger Ale Brew" in glass bottles.

"Batch No. 6 Green Apple Soda"

Faygo flavored water (zero calories.. in Raspberry, Strawberry, etc)

At Kroger I found Canada Dry flavored water (lemon-lime, raspberry, etc)

I'm sure I could find more unique sodas if I went to Whole Foods in West Bloomfield, or if I were to visit Mexican Village, or even some of the gourmet stores in downtown Royal Oak.

[ 03-28-2005, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: gregmech26 ]

fusion
03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
I also found Batch 6 at Super Target in Knoxville, TN. I had the last bottle the other day (I went through TN two years ago) and it tasted just fine!

Reeds is available in some places around here as well. I think Trader Joes carries it.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-29-2005, 07:43 AM
farmer jack's also carries Hires Rootbeer. very rare. the one in grosse pointe carries green river in 6pk cans canned out of somewhere in chicago

gregmech26
04-06-2005, 12:35 AM
I found Faygo in the 16oz glass bottle in various flavors including Blueberry, Rock N Rye, Cream Soda, Black Raspberry, and others at Busch's grocery store in Farmington Hills (Grand River/Drake).

They also had Crush in every flavor including Peach , Orange, Strawbery, Cherry, etc

I found IBC Cherry-Limeonade and IBC cream soda and root beer.

They also had Stewarts in every flavor under the sun, including Peach, Ginger, Key Lime, Black cherry, Strawberry Cream, Cherry Cream, etc.

I made the unfortunate mistake of buying Stewarts Cherry Cream and Stewarts Strawberry cream. I ended up pouring BOTH of them down the sink.

I cant keep wasting money like this LOL I knew there was a reason that I hadnt bought Stewarts products in 5 years when its right in my backyard. Henry Weinhard's Black Cherry Cream is so much better...im my humble opinion. Even Faygo is better.

Plus they had Boylans products; however, I prefer high fructose corn syrup to pure cane sugar, unlike most.

I still need to try Hank's Cream Soda and Briar's Cream Soda.

TommyKnocker Almond cream was decent, but not something i would drink on a regular basis.

I need to convince them to carry Henry Weinhard's black cherry cream!

Pearson brothers strawberry cream was pretty good. Everyones taste is subjective for sure.

[ 04-06-2005, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: gregmech26 ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
greg - call Powers Distributing or call Eastown Distributing to see if they carry henry Weinhard's. www.eastown.com (http://www.eastown.com)

gregmech26
04-07-2005, 12:58 AM
I just e-mailed them. I will call them today and see what's up. Thanks!

I bought Hansen's "Signature" Vanilla Creme in the 14oz glass bottle (which looks like a beautiful piece of art work). The product was horrible. I wonder if it's the same Hansen's that sells the cherry cream in the 12oz cans?

The store also had various flavors of Jolt. One bottle was blue with a big lightning bolt on it.

I dont like the new A&W look to their 20 oz plastic bottles. It has bumps all over the bottle and the label is a weird "rust" color. It use to be a pleasant cream/tan colored label with a white outer ribbon.

I like the vanilla frapuccino from starbucks, but they're expensive.

I found Crush Strawberry in a very small glass bottle. Also found very small glass bottles of coke.

I'm frustrated that my order hasnt even been shipped after 2 weeks from a certain website. Plus no response to my 3 e-mails. You think they would treat a repeat customer better. Grrrr..

How long must I wait for my HWBCC Soda!

[ 04-07-2005, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: gregmech26 ]

Shatter
04-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Speaking of interesting sodas, when I was in New Orleans for the afternoon last week, I bought a bottle of Journey Birch Beer at a Whole Foods store, and a bottle of 'New Orleans Diet Nectar Soda', which I haven't tried yet. And some Sprite Remix Aruba Jam, which I also haven't tried yet.

drpep
04-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by gregmech26:

I dont like the new A&W look to their 20 oz plastic bottles. It has bumps all over the bottle and the label is a weird "rust" color. It use to be a pleasant cream/tan colored label with a white outer ribbon.
Was this the basketball promo bottle? If so it is just a temp.

gregmech26
04-09-2005, 03:46 AM
I called Eastown and they don't have HWBCC as of today. :(

gregmech26
04-10-2005, 04:12 PM
I ordered some Virgil's Cream Soda. I hope it's good stuff.

I also bought a bottle of FF Himber-Sirup made by Franz-Fuhrmann. I believe it's a raspberry syrup from Potsdam.

[ 04-10-2005, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: gregmech26 ]

Hacksaw
04-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Virgil's Cream is good.

The Starbuck's Chantico Chocolate is good, but it's also expensive.

gregmech26
04-11-2005, 01:58 AM
I hope it's as good as their root beer!