PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine Free Dr Pepper & Diet Dr Pepper: Availability?

Theta Sigma
04-03-2006, 04:00 AM
I first heard that this existed years ago when I peeled off the label of a locally bottled Diet Dr Pepper 2 liter for a coupon off the next purchase.

It listed it as one of the varieties, yet said something akin to it having limited availabliity.

Well, I remember asking a driver if he'd ever delivered any locally, and he never heard of it. I even called the local botler (New York City area), and the person I spoke to said they had n't heard of it either (It's mentioned on their labels!) and didn't know why they didn't have it either. :(

For the first time ever, I saw a picture of the caffeine free varieties on dpsu.com tonight, but I have no idea where it's sold. I'd think New York would be big enough a market for it.

I've had many a sleepless night because I can't buy the stuff. :(

Mr Nethead
04-03-2006, 04:04 AM
We have caffeine free Dr Pepper in 12 packs here. (Wisconsin.) It tastes like Dr Pepper except just a little sweeter.

Theta Sigma
04-03-2006, 04:09 AM
I'd have expected it to taste the same. I just want Dr Pepper AND a good nights sleep. :D

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-03-2006, 09:13 AM
ya, wisconsin is a good bet, we have it here where i live too. never tried it though

Mr Zabe
04-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Chicago has it too.

Acheron
04-04-2006, 07:41 AM
We have it too.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-04-2006, 10:32 AM
We used to have the caffeine free versions of regular and diet available in Soriana... but sadly they're not available anymore :(

pepsipimp
04-04-2006, 04:01 PM
We have Dt. Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper but they discontinued CF Dr. pepper when Dt Cherry Vanilla came out last year.

doug1885
04-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Both Caffeine Free and Diet Caffeine Free can be ordered from Dublin (TX) Dr Pepper (the same place where the Pure Cane sugar variety can be obtained, but the CF kind has HFCS). See <http://www.dublindrpepper.com/>.

-Doug

SamC
04-04-2006, 10:08 PM
In my area, Dr Pepper is split between counties controled by PBG or Cincinnati Pepsi and those controled by independent "third tier" bottlers. The third tier bottler counties always have CF Dr Pepper, in cans and bottles.

I have, very rarely, seen CF Dr Pepper in cans only in Pepsi bottled areas. I have never seen the product ever in places controled by Coke bottlers, but to be fair, that is only when traveling because Coke does not control Dr Pepper in any part of my area.

The product has no taste difference from regular.

fusion
04-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Keep in mind that labels are produced in plants that may be hundreds of miles from the Coca-Cola bottling plant - and it is cheaper to produce hundreds of thousands of one label, rather than producing different labels for different areas.

Pretty much every Dr Pepper coupon I have seen includes CF and CF Diet, with a *where available disclaimer.

That being said...

CF Dr Pepper is available nowhere near where you live. Closest bottler would be RC Winchester, in Winchester Virginia.

CF Diet Dr Pepper is a little easier to find, though. Philadelphia Coca-Cola produces it in 2 liters and 12 pack cans. They distribute to southern New Jersey, northern Delaware, and the counties around Philadelphia.

Probably the closest place to you would be Princeton New Jersey.

Theta Sigma
04-05-2006, 06:43 AM
Dang. Well, the local bottler is a Coke bottler, so I guess that explains it some.

I'll keep pusing for them to produce it, but I hope someone there reads this thread too. smile.gif

Mana211
04-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm starting to realize why I feel spoiled on soft drinks. I seem to be able to get just about any variety anyone asks about here in Knoxville, TN

Mr Zabe
04-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Your one lucky soda pop freak. smile.gif

pepsidew
04-07-2006, 10:33 PM
just cf diet here - got rid of the regular a long time ago - it didnt sell

billygtexas
04-08-2006, 07:03 PM
I have had CF Dr. Pepper before, it tasted more watered down blander than regular DP.

jbird
08-19-2007, 01:17 PM
I usually see caffeine free Dr. Pepper at the major grocery chain called Pick N Save. It is not in every store in the Milwaukee area. It is sold at two Brookfield stores but not in West Allis or some city stores. I never see it at Sentry or Sendik's. Presently it is only sold in 12 packs. I seem to recall 2 liters from my youth but that would have been at Jewel stores in Chicago. Caffeine free cans and boxes are a gold color like caffeine free Coke. To me CF tastes very close to regular DP.

mcmannors
08-03-2008, 06:33 PM
I know that CF Diet DP has been available in the Philly Coke bottling area for many years. However, recently I have been seeing it in odd locations. I saw individual 12 oz. cans at the 7-Eleven in Phillipsburg, N.J. (normally the Lehigh Valley distributor), and I saw 12 packs of cans at the Stop & Shop in Flemington, N.J. (normally the NYC distributor). Did those areas change distributors, or did they add CF Diet DP to the menu of the other distributors?

Tech_Guy
08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I have found both regular and diet available in Morgantown, WV at Kroger Supermarkets. I only shopped at the Krogers down there, so I cannot say for other chains or even convenience stores.

In Newport News, VA and the other cities that make up the Hampton Roads area you can find both regular and diet. I have seen them in Krogers, Food Lions, and Blooms. There are not shortages of Food Lions in that area, so you can go to any of them to find them.

Diet only I have seen in the ShopRite supermarket in Rio Grande, NJ. I didn't visit any other grocery store chain down there (are there any besides Acme?) to see if it existed anywhere. You might be able to find the diet on netgrocer.com since they use a large ShopRite supermarket located in Oakland, NJ.

Periodically I see the diet at the Giant Eagle Supermarket in Latrobe, PA. But for some reason, this is the only location where this can be found and even then availability is sporadic.

I would try 7-Eleven Convenience Stores. For some odd reason, they sometimes carry hard-to-find beverages. I know in a Pittsburgh 7-Eleven (Allegheny Avenue north of Carnegie Science Center), I have found Faygo and Crush Peach, Faygo and Crush Pineapple, and Faygo Blue Raspberry... these are things that I never see in PA anywhere.

fusion
08-03-2008, 09:26 PM
CCE in the NY/NJ area has begun producing CF Diet in 12 pack cans. Production code is KM, which is Maspeth, Queens.

I can't recall if Lehigh Valley is making CF Diet, but it is possible that the cans you saw in that 7-11 came from CCE. Phillipsburg is still Lehigh Valley territory, I can say that.

mcmannors
08-04-2008, 08:15 AM
CCE in the NY/NJ area has begun producing CF Diet in 12 pack cans. Production code is KM, which is Maspeth, Queens.

I can't recall if Lehigh Valley is making CF Diet, but it is possible that the cans you saw in that 7-11 came from CCE. Phillipsburg is still Lehigh Valley territory, I can say that.

Thanks for the info!

mcmannors
08-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Diet only I have seen in the ShopRite supermarket in Rio Grande, NJ. I didn't visit any other grocery store chain down there (are there any besides Acme?)

Rio Grande is part of the Philly Coke area, so that would be no surprise. Besides ShopRite and Acme, that part of South Jersey has Super Fresh (owned by A & P) and a Stop & Shop. A little further north you can find PathMark as well.

Swifty
08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I saw Diet CF at Publix in Charleston, SC last week. First time I've ever seen it in this market. Also, the first time I've ever seen it with a gold topped-can.

DP is bottled by the local Pepsi group here.

I didn't see regular CF Dr P.