PDA

View Full Version : Minute Maid Forte in Mexico!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Although it was on sale since last month, yesterday was officially released in Mexico Minute Maid Forte, a new line of juices and nectars (apple, peach, mango, orange, fibermix and fruit mix) available in 500 ml PET bottles, 250 ml glass bottles, 355 ml cans, 1 liter carton and 300 ml carton with straw on it. This new line is like the regular Minute Maid line in U.S.

I've tried the Mango and Peach nectars and they're delicious!!! tongue.gif

http://www.milenio.com/MediaCenter/Fotos/2006/Abril/5/d20f1OR.jpg

COCA-COLA WILL SELL FRUIT JUICES
Alejandro de la Rosa
Milenio (http://www.milenio.com/mexico/milenio/nota.asp?id=67670)

As a part of a product launching strategy in Latin America, The Coca Cola Company introduced yesterday a juice and nectar line under the Minute Maid brand.

In Mexico, during the last six years, this sector had been showing an increase mostrado in volume of 6% and has a seven thousand million pesos value. Jumex and Del Valle have a market share of 80 per cent.

Coca-Cola New Categories & Non-Carbonated products director, Selman Careaga, pointed that the entering of this transnational to this market of juices added with calcium, fiber and vitamins obeys to the raising need of the people for achieving a balance between physical and mental health. “They want to look and feel good”, he commented in the press meeting.

From the non-alcoholic beverages consumed in the country, he said that 70 per cent are from natural origin (water, juices and milk) and the rest belongs to carbonated and sport drinks.

Supermarkets represent the main point of sale with 53 per cent; where since last monday the juices are now available. In May it's contemplated the sale on little grocery stores.

With five presentations in PET, tetrapak and glass packaging, Minute Maid Forte is a line developed spec*fically for the local market, that demands a different level of acidity, sweetness and consistency from other nations.

According to the directives, in Mexico theres a consumption per capita of six liters of juice, specially during the breakfast; plus, their market research shows that consumers have more disposal to pay more for a product that accomplishes with their nutrition expectations, what makes this an attractive business.

In the next days will be released in Brazil and Argentina this new l*ne of juices and nectars in asociación with a local firm. In the case of Mexico the product is linked with Minute Maid, brand that has presence in more than 100 countries and that has 60 years of existance.

The advertising proposal was made by the agency Red Cell and it will be the same for Central and South America. And also the release of ads for television, boards, internet, bus stops and magazines, the great bet for the positioning of Minute Maid is in the direct marketing.

[ 04-05-2006, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Any comments? smile.gif

jmyjunk
04-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Only if you comment on my pics in the sprite message!

So are these just plain juices?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Right, they're plain juices, but added with calcium and vitamins, just like the regular Minute Maid... but now in Mexico! :D

But there's two juices with mixed fruits: Fibramix or Fibermix that is a mix of pear, apple and pineapple (I haven't tried it yet), and fruit mix, I don't remember very well the fruits mixed in it, but if I see it again, I'll inform you...

[ 04-05-2006, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Mr Zabe
04-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Another yawn :(

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Yawn for you... good for me :D

Mr Zabe
04-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Really why did you start the same thread on the Free For All topic. ? :rolleyes:

[ 04-05-2006, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Well... if someone unregistered wanted to make an opinion about this news release... but I deleted it now...

[ 04-05-2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Mr Zabe
04-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Oh well, I guess this new Minute Maid extension must be world news. In the states we have had Minute Maid juice in these extension for at lest 3 years or so. So seeing this press release more than once seems not such earth breaking news. :(

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-05-2006, 02:55 PM
MrZ. maybe you think is boring seeing Coca-Cola selling juices, because Coca-Cola U.S. has been doing this since the sixties with the acquisition of Minute Maid, but here in Mexico, we were accustomed for many years to see Coca-Cola only offering carbonated drinks, but now I'm amazed that Coca-Cola Mexico is diversifying and now offering delicious juices and drinks...like Minute Maid Forte...

I wanted to communicate to all the members of this board about the things and releases that Coca-Cola does in Mexico, as you and all the members give me excellent news and reviews about the sodas and beverages in U.S. everyday... smile.gif

[ 04-05-2006, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Mr Zabe
04-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Ok...that's good to know.
Maybe if you would have posted this first, then I could have understood YOUR excitement. Speaking for myself,I am not interested in every last detail,I would rather hear your take on things first. Press releases are ok,I just am not into reading them day in and day out. That's just me.

[ 04-05-2006, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Oh I get it! It's OK! smile.gif

[ 04-05-2006, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

jmyjunk
04-05-2006, 03:46 PM
I thought I might have to put you guys in separate corners.
But I guess not smile.gif