PDA

View Full Version : coke zero crosses the atlantic

popologist
04-05-2006, 01:47 PM
coke zero is going to the UK (it's already in the US, Canada and Australia).

read the full article here:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=521522006

according to the article, diet coke has TWO calories, and coke zero actually has... ZERO. i didn't know that diet coke had any calories... since it says 0 on the can. go figure.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Interesting note popologist!

It's good to see that Coke Zero is expanding to another markets! If I don't get wrong, I think they were going to release C2 too, but they saw the performance of C2 in U.S. and they saw that it was convenient not to release C2 in UK, but let's hope that Zero launch in UK will happen.

I hope Zero would arrive to Mexico soon... smile.gif

Doug
04-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
coke zero is going to the UK (it's already in the US, Canada and Australia).

read the full article here:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=521522006

according to the article, diet coke has TWO calories, and coke zero actually has... ZERO. i didn't know that diet coke had any calories... since it says 0 on the can. go figure. and 2 calories is just for the can...meaning the 20oz's have 3-4 calories

SamC
04-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by popologist:

according to the article, diet coke has TWO calories, and coke zero actually has... ZERO. i didn't know that diet coke had any calories... since it says 0 on the can. go figure. Different countries have different rules for figuring the caloric content. And the serving size. The US permits a serving to be set at 6 oz, and it is thus "one calorie PER SERVING".

MATHA531
04-06-2006, 08:17 AM
No surprise there...I mean almost all the US coke flavours wind up soon after in the UK...unlike the continent where they only have a couple of flavours (but somehow they have retained vanilla coke but never have had coke light vanilla)...oh well...

And BTW, does the Continent need Coke zero? I mean isn't coke light really the same as coke zero (it certainly isn't the same as diet coke?)

All these choices....

popologist
04-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by MATHA531:
No surprise there...I mean almost all the US coke flavours wind up soon after in the UK...unlike the continent where they only have a couple of flavours (but somehow they have retained vanilla coke but never have had coke light vanilla)...oh well...

And BTW, does the Continent need Coke zero? I mean isn't coke light really the same as coke zero (it certainly isn't the same as diet coke?)

All these choices.... i'm just guessing, but i think coca-cola light may be the "new coke" (diet coke) formula, but with different sweeteners (since ace-k was legal in europe before the US).

although, i've also read that coca-cola light is actually coke zero.

so, maybe in europe... diet coke = coke zero (US) and coke zero = diet coke (US).

confused yet? :eek:

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Popologist, IMO... for the third time... Coca-Cola Light is not Coke Zero... Coca-Cola Light has the same ingredients as Coke zero (aspartame and ace-k), but it doesn't have the same taste as Coke zero, Coke light is more sweet... BTW... Have you tried Coke Light before?

[ 04-06-2006, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

MATHA531
04-06-2006, 12:03 PM
I've tried coke light many times on the continent and have been involved with threads making the point coke light is completely different from coke zero...as a matter of fact when in London I will not buy coke from any seller which has coke light as it shows the product is not made locally but imported long distances under all sorts of conditions and in all sorts of time frames.

Having said that, when coke zero hit the market here in the US, somebody made the point that coke zero is indeed coke light and it did take me a little bit of getting used to coke zero as I haven't been allowed to drink regular coke for a while and didn't really remember the taste of classic coke.

So I am totally confused now...is coke light coke zero or is it diet coke with a completely different taste? What is clear is that coke light and diet coke have completely different tastes.

popologist
04-06-2006, 02:49 PM
can someone clear this up for us?!? :confused:

[ 04-06-2006, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: popologist ]

SamC
04-06-2006, 10:56 PM
In the begining there was Coca-Cola.

And then the company launched Diet Coke, which, due to labeling laws in certain countries bears the alternative name of Coke Light. It has a different mix of flavors than Coca-Cola. Same product, whether called Diet Coke, as in the USA, or Coke Light, as in Mexico. Although the sweetener used in it will vary from country to country due to differing regulations.

Then the company launched a sugared soda with the flavoring mix of Diet Coke/Coke Light, which was the flop "new" Coke of the 1980s.

Then the company launced Coca-Cola Zero, which is the origninal formula of Coca-Cola with non-caloric sweeteners.

The original Coke flavoring formula is found in Coca-Cola with sugar or HFCS, and Coca-Cola Zero, with differing mixes of sweeteners due to local regulations. All over the world.

The "new Coke" flavoring formula is found in Diet Coke, sometimes called Coke Light due to local regulations, all over the world, with differing mixes of sweeteners due to local regulations.

All the rest is urban legend.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Wow! Thanks for your comment!

I didn't realized that when I'm drinking a Coke light... I'm drinking a NEW COKE!

mjb1124
04-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I had Coke Light sweetened with cyclamates and ace-K in several European countries, and it tasted kinda like Diet Coke w/ Splenda, but better.

popologist
04-06-2006, 11:53 PM
ok. now that makes some sense. thanks, samc! smile.gif

Originally posted by SamC:
In the begining there was Coca-Cola.

And then the company launched Diet Coke, which, due to labeling laws in certain countries bears the alternative name of Coke Light. It has a different mix of flavors than Coca-Cola. Same product, whether called Diet Coke, as in the USA, or Coke Light, as in Mexico. Although the sweetener used in it will vary from country to country due to differing regulations.

Then the company launched a sugared soda with the flavoring mix of Diet Coke/Coke Light, which was the flop "new" Coke of the 1980s.

Then the company launced Coca-Cola Zero, which is the origninal formula of Coca-Cola with non-caloric sweeteners.

The original Coke flavoring formula is found in Coca-Cola with sugar or HFCS, and Coca-Cola Zero, with differing mixes of sweeteners due to local regulations. All over the world.

The "new Coke" flavoring formula is found in Diet Coke, sometimes called Coke Light due to local regulations, all over the world, with differing mixes of sweeteners due to local regulations.

All the rest is urban legend.