PDA

View Full Version : green river?



Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-06-2006, 06:51 PM
as i was walking down the soda isle, i saw something i either never saw before, or never really noticed. it was something called green river. what does this taste like? i picked up a 4 pack of bottles, but they are chilling right now.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
as i was walking down the soda isle, i saw something i either never saw before, or never really noticed. it was something called green river. what does this taste like?Ask the member with the same name... :D

Green River
04-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
as i was walking down the soda isle, i saw something i either never saw before, or never really noticed. it was something called green river. what does this taste like? i picked up a 4 pack of bottles, but they are chilling right now. Ahh,A great soda indeed it is a highly carbonated drink with a sweet lemon lime taste,but then again it has a unique taste of it own.It is known to be the only loli-pop soda.

[ 04-07-2006, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Green River ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-07-2006, 12:40 AM
i forgot about you, lol. its real good, i tried one cold, and i love it! it is weird, and it is highly carbonated, i had trouble getting the bottle out of the 4 pack plactic packaging and it shook it up a bit, and it sprayed all over me, lol

Green River
04-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
i forgot about you, lol. its real good, i tried one cold, and i love it! it is weird, and it is highly carbonated, i had trouble getting the bottle out of the 4 pack plactic packaging and it shook it up a bit, and it sprayed all over me, lol Glad you like it smile.gif

Mr Zabe
04-07-2006, 12:54 AM
My Dad at one time use to buy it; I tried it a few times and was grossed out.(I was about 10 years old). I still can't get myself to try it again.

Doug
04-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
My Dad at one time use to buy it; I tried it a few times and was grossed out.(I was about 10 years old). I still can't get myself to try it again. how long ago was that, though, lol?

Mr Zabe
04-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Around 1973.

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm tired of this lolipop crap. That description is completely unhelpful to those who have never tried it.

Can anyone describe it better?


DJHS

Green River
04-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
I'm tired of this lolipop crap. That description is completely unhelpful to those who have never tried it.

Can anyone describe it better?


DJHS Ohh,so you didn't like my description :mad: Why dont you just try it.

[ 04-07-2006, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Green River ]

turtleboy
04-07-2006, 12:31 PM
http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/greenriver/

bigrich
04-07-2006, 08:25 PM
It has a wintergreen flavor to it. I can't drink more than a few sips.

Green River
04-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
It has a wintergreen flavor to it. I can't drink more than a few sips. Dang,some of you make it sound like its unbearable.

[ 04-07-2006, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Green River ]

ithastabeshasta
04-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Huh Wintergreen? Nope can't say I have ever noticed a wintergreen taste. Green River has a unique taste which is delicious! At one time it was the 2nd most popular flavor at soda fountains only behind Coca Cola. I would say it tastes more like a lime lollipop.

[ 04-07-2006, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: ithastabeshasta ]

Green River
04-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ithastabeshasta:
Huh Wintergreen? Nope can't say I have ever noticed a wintergreen taste. Green River has a unique taste which is delicious! At one time it was the 2nd most popular flavor at soda fountains only behind Coca Cola. I would say it tastes more like a lime lollipop. Exactly,well said smile.gif

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-07-2006, 11:16 PM
i detect no wintergreen... it is like a candy taste, with the color of surge or dnL

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Green River is a regional brand. If I had access to it, I would have tried it already.

Believe me, I've tried every soda marketed in this area.


BTW, let me paste the BevNET review here.

"Green River is quite a classic beverage. The light flavor of Green River reminded us of lollipops, but not as sweet. It has a nice, old-fashioned feel to it. The green color gives it an artificial appearance, but this is more than made up for with its superior taste. We highly recommend this beverage. One piece of advice: it is much better in the 12oz long neck than the 16oz plastic bottle."

No descriptive details at all.


DJHS

[ 04-08-2006, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: DJ HawaiianShirt ]

Green River
04-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
Green River is a regional brand. If I had access to it, I would have tried it already.

Believe me, I've tried every soda marketed in this area.


BTW, let me paste the BevNET review here.

"Green River is quite a classic beverage. The light flavor of Green River reminded us of lollipops, but not as sweet. It has a nice, old-fashioned feel to it. The green color gives it an artificial appearance, but this is more than made up for with its superior taste. We highly recommend this beverage. One piece of advice: it is much better in the 12oz long neck than the 16oz plastic bottle."

No descriptive details at all.


DJHS Its hard to describe,so go try it if you haven't.

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Green River:
Its hard to describe,so go try it if you haven't.
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
Green River is a regional brand. If I had access to it, I would have tried it already. DJHS

Mr Zabe
04-08-2006, 01:47 PM
I will offer my two cents on the taste of Green River soda pop. Here again LOL, when I was a little kid,from time to time I was forced to take some pretty wicked liquid medicines. The deep red,pink or green medicines that nearly made me puke.

As a kid,when my Dad gave me my fist glass of Green River, the taste reminded me of those nasty liquid medications. That being said, I never could drink Green River,the funny thing even as a kid I was a soda pop freak. I just about loved any soda pop I could get my hands except Green River.

[ 04-08-2006, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]