PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Vanilla.... coming soon?

JMHX316
07-20-2003, 09:33 PM
My friend, who manages a Lil' Champ in Jacksonville, FL, reciever pricing sheets from Pepsi this week... Included on that list was Pepsi Vanilla, so I'm thinking it may be ready to launch... They (Pepsi) send those sheets out a week in advance of shipments, so you can bet I'll be spending some time in that paticular convenience store next week....

You guys heard anything?

bigrich
07-20-2003, 10:25 PM
A rep. from Pepsi Americas said it will be out next week. I wonder if it will be worse than VCoke?

The Doomite
07-21-2003, 12:48 AM
*laughs* I just had a can of Vanilla Coke this afternoon! If it DOES come out next week, chances are I'll get my hands one one as soon as I can and tell y'all my opinion of it. I'll probably stay with the Vanilla Coke, but I'll give you my opinion on the Pepsi Vanilla. *laughs* The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Shatter
07-21-2003, 02:43 AM
I just don't care for vanilla colas. I've tried to like Vanilla Coke, and I even bought some Big K Vanilla Cola, and it just doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't make me want to keep drinking. It's just a little too soft a flavor.

karks88
07-21-2003, 02:25 PM
I like Vanilla Coke but I have doubts on whether or not I'll like the Pepsi version. Pepsi in general doesn't do anything for me so I doubt the new version will. Of course, I thought I'd have LiveWire too and it turns out that I don't mind it.

SURGE
07-22-2003, 01:30 AM
Yeh I hear it will be here within days. I'll try it but I'm not expecting much.

fusion
07-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Food Lion's authorized as of tomorrow. 20oz/2L/12pk, reg & diet. I assume nobody's seen PV on the street yet?

karks88
07-30-2003, 09:32 AM
I haven't even seen a 20oz yet, usually that's the first thing to hit the streets. I have to check out my local Sheetz this week, they usually have stuff before the grocery stores around here.

the saint
07-30-2003, 06:05 PM
in okc Pepsi Vanilla is hitting the streets on Monday Aug 4. All three sizes at once 20 oz 2ltr and 12 pack, both reg and diet.Pepsi is looking for 2/$5 on 12pk 2/$1 on 20 oz and $1 or less on 2 liter

The Doomite
08-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Ahhhh, so August 4th is the big day. That makes sense. I looked at a couple places yesterday but couldn't find Pepsi Vanilla anywhere. BUT, I have been seeing more and more of the new "V" logos on bottles of Vanilla Coke. I've also seen the cherry logo on the Cherry Coke bottles, I think it'd cool. Anyone else have any opinion on these? I know there was an earlier thread about this topic, I'm just kinda picking up on it since we're talking about Pepsi Vanilla. OK, The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

teamtitan512
08-01-2003, 03:10 PM
This V logo and cherry logo are not being used by Central Coke. Still no sign of them from the Hagerstown facility.

Consolidated and CCE both have them however, so I have seen them. I like them both, but think it may be hard for customers to tell what the products really are.

XLS_03
08-04-2003, 03:17 AM
I agree that those graphics can be confusing for the average consumer. There already getting hard to find here in RI. The regular graphics are starting to show up again now.

XLS_03
08-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Does anyone know if Pepsi Vanilla is replacing Pepsi Blue? I notice Pepsi Blue is becomming harder to find in RI. And that Mountain Dew LiveWire tastes like Orange Slice in my opinion.

fusion
08-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Pepsi Blue's been gone from this area for probably a month or so.

SURGE
08-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Yeh I think the plan is to try and get people focused on other brands so they can kill Blue. Even Pepsi Vanilla is better than that junk. Alot better.

boilermaker
08-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Saw Pepsi Vanilla and Diet Pepsi Vanilla Monday at Fiesta in Arlington, TX. I'm not much of a Pepsi fan, so I didn't bother trying it.

Nostalgia
08-07-2003, 11:44 PM
There are still some cases of Pepsi Blue down here in Denver Colorado. The only people who enjoy that crap are the same kind of people who think it's cool to put racing stripes on a 10 thousand dollar car.

fusion
08-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Or flames on PT cruisers. Ugh. Trust me, no amount of extra stripes/flames/etc is going to make that "car" look even remotely cool.

steveu
08-08-2003, 10:20 PM
I saw it today for the first time. Will try it in a day or two.

teamtitan512
08-09-2003, 12:49 AM
Arrived here yesterday in 20 oz., and today in 12 packs. I picked one up to see what I think of it, but I doubt I'll like it, even though I love Vanilla Coke. I just always hate Pepsi products.

BTW pepsi Blue is still around here, moreso than Vanilla. I don't think it's going anywhere here just yet sadly enough.

Shatter
08-09-2003, 02:17 AM
Pepsi Blue's been discontinued here according to my store's Pepsi rep. He told me only after they had pulled out the remaining Blue out of most of the stores around here. I had to go across town to some little dumpy hispanic grocery store to get their last 12-packs. Too bad they were all seriously out of date. I wonder if Pepsi is doing what Coke was guilty of last year, knowingly putting expired product into low income neighborhoods.

Travel'n Jones
08-18-2003, 05:53 PM
I just saw a comercial for vanilla pepsi last night. It spoke volumnes about how out of touch pepsi really is. They showed a pepsi vanilla truck pulling up to a coke vanilla truck. The coke drive cranks up his REO Speedwagon song playing on the radio. Then the pepsi guy's truck transforms into a mobile boom box playing some very poppy rap music.

While they were trying to say coke is for old people, it came across like pepsi is for vapid conformists. While coke is guilty of the same the comercial really shocked me as to what pepsi thinks of the masses.

everyone needs to stop drinking both coke and pepsi products anyway. Support a nice off brand glass bottled soda!