PDA

View Full Version : Anything to be found in Southern West Virginia?

BottleBoss
07-24-2003, 08:19 AM
I am helping move my sister to a medical school in Lewisburg, which is in southern West Virginia, very close to North Carolina.(Won't be going there though.) Can anyone think of anyhting unique in that area I should be looking for?

[ 07-24-2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

Boris
07-24-2003, 10:33 AM
Do you mean Virginia or WEST Virginia? Because I vowed never to set foot nor wheel in West Virginia ever again back aboot 10 years ago. If you are talking aboot Virginia where I live in the summer then you can most likely find The Switch and if your south enough and in consolidated you can find Mellow Yellow Afterglow,and Cherry.

BottleBoss
07-24-2003, 02:00 PM
I mean the state of West Virginia where all the yuppies keep moving to so they can buy bigger houses because they can't afford it in Virginia anymore! Man we wish we could get rid of those people.

teamtitan512
07-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Boris....what is your problem w/West Virginia? It's a fine state, and the stereotypes of incest breeding hicks really are for the most part, untrue. There are as many uncultured people in West Virginia as there are in Western Maryland.

Most of the state is Consolidated Coke, meaning there's not much difference from Southern Virginia. The only places where WV does not have Consolidated as a bottler are in the Northern strip between OH and PA, which is CCE Eastern Great Lakes, same as Pittsburgh, and the Eastern Panhandle area, which is Central Coke.

Pepsi is PBG for the entire state I believe. ABC controls most 3rd tier bottling, and overall, I'd say DP being in ABC's system that WV is one of the states with the most DP in 3rd tier. Other than in Charleston and Huntington (Pepsi), and Wheeling and Elkins (Coke), the rest of the state is pretty much 3rd tier DP, as the Eastern Panhandle for the most part is third tier w/Mountain Dew from Winchester.

SamC
07-29-2003, 07:24 AM
Lewisburg is the home of the WV School of Osteopathic Medicine and, IMHO, a fine town. Its the only med school in the US with its own cannon (it used to be a boy's military high school).

Its a CCBCC and PBG controled area. There is an independent Dr Pepper 7UP bottler in Beckley, which is not too far away.

Nothing too spectacular in the soda world.

teamtitan512
07-29-2003, 03:50 PM
PBG controls all of WV I believe, and Consolidated all but the Eastern Panhandle, Preston and Tucker counties, and the northern tip.

I was going to point out the 7Up/DP house in Beckley. I found an old RC Draft Cola bottle here from that Beckley plant. I'd figured it was absorbed into ABC by now, like the northern part of the state.

DP is in third-tier in most of the state actually, except for some areas in the Panhandle serviced out of the Cumberland system, which Pepsi has it, along w/the Charleston and Huntington areas. Coke has it in the northern tip and in Randolph County (Elkins). The rest of the state DP has it, either coming from ABC or RC Winchester, or the Beckley plant.

BottleBoss
07-29-2003, 06:49 PM
I found nothing. I didn't have time to look real hard though. The Wallys-Mart had Dr. Enugh. There moto should be "One is Enough". I can't stand that stuff. Mello Yello Cherry (or something like that) was at Wal-Mart as well. No melon though. That's about it. They do have a good Chinese food restaurant in Lewisburg though. They really do have a cannon at the school to

Hey SamC, someone said thay still have returnables in Beckley. Is that true or no?

[ 07-29-2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]