PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Beverage

FitzgeraldHead
06-20-2000, 04:12 PM
So, everyone hears about the best beverage, but what do you think is the worst beverage or beverages? So far, mine would be XTC. Bleecchh! I couldn't even get a chance to finish it!

sodasommelier
06-21-2000, 03:30 AM
I'd have to agree that XTC is really bad; probably the inventor's taste buds had been shot off in the war. Anyway, I think the worst beverage I've had that's "somewhat" available is "VRÜIT". It is absoultely repulsive. It's even worse than Jones Pink.

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

xJABBERWOCKx
06-21-2000, 05:30 PM
fruit water. It's this flavored water stuff they sell at the ACME. I thought it would be like meridian clear (a tasty beverage), but it was not sweet, and it tasted like liquid plastic with no fruit flavor at all. Most Diet sodas are pretty bad, too, except maybe that Stewarts "S" stuff. Also, caffeinated water.

dr pepperman
06-21-2000, 07:26 PM
MOXIE

gecko
06-21-2000, 09:06 PM
red bull is pretty nasty. i cant swallow coke.

gecko
06-21-2000, 09:47 PM
sdkfjklfurfdm,nvcm,ihdsf

dlhancock
06-22-2000, 12:19 AM
Let's face it, many soft drinks are pretty much an acquired taste. Cola is like medicine but I love it. Now if you want one that IS really bad, go get a Dr. Brown's Diet Cel-ray Soda. Truly Nasty.

fleckothegecko
06-23-2000, 04:47 PM
the hell? i was the original gecko! now i hahve to be my other internet name

Jake
06-30-2000, 06:35 PM
Moxie. It might be a good substitute for Angosture bitters. Moxie had the longest lasting (bitter) aftertaste of anything I've had - including medicines.

FitzgeraldHead
06-30-2000, 07:08 PM
Not to change subjects, but is it just me, or do most SERIOUS beverage drinkers dislike coke. I am one of those "coke dislikers".

strobe55
07-03-2000, 02:24 AM
I would have to say that Ritz Fruit punch has got to be the most god awful junk I have ever tasted I couldn't even take two sips before I had to dump the rest of it out in the sink

PeaceKitty
07-09-2000, 02:12 AM
i would have to say Jolt. I was so hyper when i saw some and its "x2 caffine" little ad. I took one big gulp...and spit it out. It tasted horrible to me. Sorry for you jolt-lovers out there just didn't suit me.

Orbitz was really...odd. If it wasn't for the balls i may have like some of them, but...ick talk about slimy and nasty. I still have a bottle cause it looks cool but it was a horrible drink.

SodaSnob
07-09-2000, 03:19 AM
Maybe I should move these to new topics, but...I like Jones Pink. Orbitz is way cool. I have four unopenned bottles that I got when they were test marketing the stuff, prior to general release (living in Portland, Oregon I benefit from test marketing). The caps on my bottles are silver. All general release Orbitz caps were black to my knowledge.

------------------
www.SodaSnob.com (http://www.SodaSnob.com)

PeaceKitty
07-09-2000, 03:53 AM
Really all the ones i have seen are sliver-toped. I live in southern California, if that helps any.

Did you like the drink itself or did you just think it looked cool?

I used to be able to see it in regular stores but i only see orbits now at 99 cents sorts which far as i know just buys rejected things. IE stuffthat didn't sell or something w/ a lable misprint. That sorta thing.

Fixx
07-09-2000, 08:38 PM
A funny story about Orbitz is, I was in Delaware for business and purchased an Orbitz for a colleague of mine at a local convenient store. We had to drive about an hour and a half back to Philadelphia and the person drank the beverage and got the runs from it.
He was kicking himself for drinking it and cursing me for buying it for him.
Guess it was outdated. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif
Later.

sage
07-11-2000, 04:47 PM
Red Bull has to be the worst <i>tasting</i> beverage I've ever had. It tastes too much like cough medicine to me, even though I'm sure it gives you a great boost of energy(I couldn't finish the bottle..)

king crab the dog eater
07-12-2000, 11:12 PM
Why do they still make Tab? YUCK!!!!! The worst.

FitzgeraldHead
07-13-2000, 12:00 AM
It doesn't taste as bad as XTC, but Dr. Enuf reall tastes like medicine!!!!

SodaSnob
07-14-2000, 12:36 AM
To follow up to a previous post, yes I enjoyed the flavor and unique mouth feel of Orbitz. Whenever I purchased Orbitz in the store, the cap was black, but that might not be as significant as I thought. As for Tab, that is so cool because of the warning label on the can or bottle. It is big and bold, "warning! has been shown to cause cancer." Tab is rare stuff, but it can still be found in larger grocery stores in my area. The fact it is sweetened with Saccrin instead of aspartame makes it a viable option for the few people that are allergic to aspartame. Plus, what other soda has retained the same basic brand design/identity for so long? I mean, a can of Tab looks virtually the same as a can of Tab did 10-15 years ago. The typeface of the word "Tab" is very dated.

------------------
www.SodaSnob.com (http://www.SodaSnob.com)

Buel_F_Rawlings
07-18-2000, 07:18 PM
Malta Goya is by far the worst sodies I have tasted. I would not recommend it even thought it is pretty cheap.

Pimpbot3k
08-02-2000, 06:46 AM
Kiwi frutopia. WTF is wrong with this crap? It's way too sweet, has a bad chemical taste, and if drank while smoking has the taste of REALLY cheap beer (prolly on the same scale as hams).

Fixx
08-02-2000, 01:01 PM
Dude, that is spelled 'Hamms', not as in the meat.
Also if you want to know of a REALLY skanky beer then you should have been around in the late 80's/early 90's when Ralph's (the big chain in Southern California) came out with something called 'beer'. White label with light blue stripes around the top and bottom of the can. A suitcase of the stuff went for $7.99 and people actually bought it. I never tasted the stuff but talked to a few and they only bought it cuz they were on a beer budget.
Later.

boingboing
08-02-2000, 07:39 PM
Massingill vinegar and water is by far the worst beverage.

MFfan310
08-10-2000, 12:53 AM
Pepsi ONE! Blecch! That stuff is nasty! The bad aftertaste really gets ya! I can't believe they sell that crap in my school's vending machines! Even Crystal Pepsi was better than this!

FitzgeraldHead
08-10-2000, 03:17 PM
All I have at my school is Coke!!! http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif <---that is a sarcastic smile. I wish the normal population wouldn't get brain-washed into drinking crap!!! Coke Sucks! I wish the people who aren't into beverages would at least expand the horizon and try other stuff. I also wish my school gave a better selection of drinks.

------------------
Be free,Dink RC go to www.rccola.com (http://www.rccola.com) www.rcinternational.rccola.com (http://www.rcinternational.rccola.com) www.rcedge.com (http://www.rcedge.com)

akawjl
08-13-2000, 12:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fixx:
Dude, that is spelled 'Hamms', not as in the meat.
Also if you want to know of a REALLY skanky beer then you should have been around in the late 80's/early 90's when Ralph's (the big chain in Southern California) came out with something called 'beer'. White label with light blue stripes around the top and bottom of the can. A suitcase of the stuff went for $7.99 and people actually bought it. I never tasted the stuff but talked to a few and they only bought it cuz they were on a beer budget.
Later. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
SAY, FIXX: THAT STUFF WAS CALLED "PLAIN WRAP" BEER, AND RALPHS SOLD EVERYTHING THAT WAY "CRACKERS" "CORN FLAKES" EVEN "SHIRT" AND "HAT" (I THINK THOSE WERE GAGS)
CHEERS
WJL

Jack Hoff
08-16-2000, 12:12 AM
What's up with the new Snapple Elements drink "Feces?" It's a combination of dung and raspberry. The raspberry brings out the lovely aroma of the black angus dung imported from the surface of Uranus. I tell you, It's made from the best stuff on earth, or Uranus.

Comrade
09-01-2000, 01:17 PM
There is a ginger-ale type drink called 'Vernors' they say it comes from Oak kegs. They must be rotted because it is terrible. My brother drank it by the case. I'm always a little suspicious of drinks they give away at grocery stores when you buy something. 'Red Bull' is also a blood curderler. I did finish the whole can but didn't feel any energy 'kick'. I liked crystal Pepsi. In the words of Homer Simpson, "oooo...Invisibile Cola." I have heard complaints that Pepsi One has a short shelf life with a noticeable change in taste.

Ralph
09-05-2000, 08:34 PM
It is a tie between Obitz and Red Bull. I don't know what possessed me to try Obitz. i got as far as two sips before almost losing it. I drank Red Bull for the purported effects but couldn't drink the whole can. Bad, bad,bad....bad.

FitzgeraldHead
09-09-2000, 01:19 PM
I just thought of somethiing. I went to the Coca-Cola Museum. I didn't have a choice because there is no RC Cola Museum in the Atlanta that I know of. I just wanted to see what there selection of state and world-wide drinks was. A word of advice; DON"T EVER TRY THE ITALIAN STUFF!!!!! I have never had anything so terrible. XTC is better than this!!!!

------------------
Be free,Drink RC go to www.rccola.com (http://www.rccola.com) www.rcinternational.rccola.com (http://www.rcinternational.rccola.com) www.rcedge.com (http://www.rcedge.com)

MFfan310
09-09-2000, 07:52 PM
Ever have had Spruce Beer? That stuff tastes like drinking a Christmas tree! UGH!

dlhancock
09-09-2000, 10:16 PM
That Italian stuff (the name escapes me) at World of Coca Cola is pretty nasty, but then I don't think it is intended as a stand-alone beverage. It may be better as a mixer. I like Moxie, however some folks think it is truly horrid, somewhat akin to licking the creosote off a telephone pole. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by dlhancock (edited 09-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by dlhancock (edited 09-09-2000).]

dr pepperman
09-20-2000, 01:50 AM
Any of Food Lion's private label soda.

bevman
09-21-2000, 10:59 PM
Not sure if it ever made it into US distibution but Hemp Soda was and is the worst. Just plain undrinkable.

snapman9
09-22-2000, 06:29 PM
fruitworks, naaaaaaasty!!!!!!

MFfan310
11-10-2000, 05:10 PM
SoBe Liz Blizz is SUPER-NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Definately the worst beverage in the world.

Bozac
11-10-2000, 07:21 PM
The Italian Coke drink is called "Beverly".
The only reason I remembered the name was, Yes, it was soooo nasty.

Hacksaw
11-10-2000, 10:58 PM
Hmm, the OLD Shasta Diet Chocolate was just awful. It smelled (which was OK) AND tasted (the awful part) just like baking cocoa.

XTC tastes bad, but it's good if you have a really bad headache. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif

Fanta Tonic water was the worse Fanta I've had. It's the ONLY Fanta product I've poured down the drain.

There are some other brands that would taste MUCH better if they used just a little more sugar/hfcs in their recipes!! Again, I wonder about the taste buds of the samplers for SOME of these companies.

sodasommelier
11-11-2000, 01:27 AM
Hey, I thought that Beverly was all right! But it's one of those Italian "bitters". It's sort of like a non-alcoholic, carbonated form of Campari. So if you like Campari you might like it.

In Argentina Fanta Tonic is really popular. I think a decade ago it was 15% of Coke's sales down there.

Anyway, for the Beverly hater, you'd really then, hate... "Crodo Rababaro". It's a rhubarb tonic!

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

karks88
04-10-2002, 01:06 AM
You're probably right! While I'm not crazy about some of their flavors, they certainly aren't the worst I've tasted. That belongs to Red Bull. Nothing could be worse. It took me over 2 hours to drink half of the can. Others who made me want to wretch were Storm, Fresca and Diet Pepsi.

sodasommelier
04-10-2002, 02:54 AM
Well, since Jones has the worst Root Beer, the worst Orange, ... then probably their Whooping Cough and copycat energy crap is worse than Red Bull. It would fit their general 'worseness'. Of course there are those pictures for you to look at after you dump it out (hopefully not in a storm drain that leads to the ocean). Otherwise there'd be serious competition between Jones Soda runoff and cans' plastic six-pack rings as to which one kills more fish!

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-13-2002, 02:26 PM
beverly is disgusting...
orbitz is horrid...
try drinking warm gatorade, preferably that old tropical punch flavor they had. i paid my sister a dollar and she threw up an hour later.

hamms is bad...pabst blue ribbon is bad too, basically any beers made by the old Heilmann Brewing Co.

those sobe milky things are terrible...can't wait for their 'dr pepper with vitamin d' to come out.

beverly is disgusting, another one of those drinks i paid my sister to drink.

anything called natural, including jones naturals, look nasty...i'm not touching them

anyone i know that drinks tab is a tab-freak. they drink more than those labrats were subjected to.

diet coke w/lemon, pepsi and diet pepsi twist. i'd rather have herpes from tommy lee than drink that crap again.

xtc is horrid.

jones pink, blue bubblegum, strawberry lime and green apple are terrible too. and their rootbeer is the worst rootbeer on the planet, next to mug.

tom

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-13-2002, 02:28 PM
hey i've seen lots of knocks on storm and lots of plusses on storm. with sierra mist, is storm still being manufactured? where? i didn't mind it, plus it was like sprite but fun.

tom

Ron Swedelson
04-13-2002, 03:16 PM
You can't be knocking down Hamms and P.B.R. thats part of beers history. With out thoes guys, beer might not be were it is today. If you don't like it, thats all good, just respect our bringers of beer.

sodasommelier
04-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Ugh! Poor Tom drank all of those horrid drinks! I hope he got a chance to drink something good!

Well, Ron... I'm sure Hamms and Pabst did something to bring about the beer infrastructure; I think August Busch did perhaps the most. I don't like Bud or Hamms or Pabst; I'm glad most of the bottle caps in my collection from these brands came from beer drinkers other than myself. In fact, the brewmasters who invented those brands probably knew how to make good beer but their market surveys perhaps showed them that they could sell more volume if they could produce it cheaper and sell it cheaper; age it less and all that other good stuff. I'm sure they were good businesspeople but I can't say I like the taste of their flagship beers.

ChrisPC
04-15-2002, 05:44 PM
A guy I know said Schlitz during the strike tasted like something that rhymes with Schlitz, and it was green! My personal worst would probably be most Diet Dr Pepper knockoffs, because they seem to taste and look like transmission fluid.

PhillyCoke
04-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Storm was discontinued in favor of Sierra Mist. It's a shame, because I actually liked storm.

SURGE
04-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Yeah agreed storm was atleast more original than Sierra Missed ;)

-Avery

long beach marines
04-15-2002, 10:10 PM
THE WORST ENERGY DRINK IS E BOMB IT IS A BOMB.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-17-2002, 04:59 PM
bah, i just had a stroh's last night. i'm from the detroit area and i still went and poured it on the grass, at least the grass can use whatever's in there. i knew this old lady who contacted the local miller brewing co. distributor in detroit, eastown (www.eastown.com!) and asked them if she could have all of their expired miller high life. she insisted that it was the best lawn fertilizer ever, even over other beers. she had a garage full of empties.

anyway, sunny delight is terrible. that's my thing. any beverage from a pharmaceutical/health and beuaty supply company (proctor and gamble) is sketchy to me.

iced tea gatorade too.

has anyone seen the new snapple ads? they are hilarious, absolutely hilarious.

- tom

BottleBoss
04-17-2002, 06:51 PM
I think MOXIE is good when it is cold. When it is warm it tastes like cough medicine. YUK! The fact is I have had soo many bad sodas I couldn't list them all here. That Blenheim Ginger Beer was pretty raunchy though. I guess if you like strong ginger beer it would be great though. Everyone likes something different.

Shatter
04-18-2002, 07:13 AM
Yeah, it's true that everyone likes (and dislikes) different things. Some people like Moxie. I personally couldn't stand the stuff. It tasted like cough syrup with some tree bark thrown in for flavor. Anyone try Sanpelligrino Chinotto before? I always thought it was too much like Moxie. And other people here have said that it's great, but Afri-Cola was just undrinkable. Maybe I had a bad bottle, but I couldn't force myself to drink more than a quarter of it. And I bought some peach ice tea called First Tee (the top of the bottle is shaped like a golf ball) which was the only drink i've ever spit out after the first taste. I don't know how anyone could screw up iced tea, but they managed it. And Jones Soda's Whoop Ass was pretty nasty. But then, most energy drinks are. And after a quick look in my pantry, I have to mention Bundaberg Lemon Lime & Bitters. Apparently, they forgot to put Lemon Lime into the bottles and just put the Bitters. And a quick mention of Fruitopia Kiwiberry Ruckus. I bought some one night just for a change of pace, and it tastes like liquid plastic.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-18-2002, 12:42 PM
Josta. Simple. Elegant. Tasted like mulch. We rip on Big Red for all of their blunders, but we let Bloo get off without punishing them for Josta.

- tom

sodasommelier
04-21-2002, 02:30 AM
Wow, that was pretty interesting! Yes, I always thought that SP Chinotto tastes like Moxie with a dash of tonic water. As I've tasted thousands of sodas I don't mind an occasional Moxie or Chinotto (or even San Pellegrino Bitter). I'm not so fond of Bundaberg Lemon Lime Bitters; it tastes to me like 7up poured into a not empty glass of tonic water. I'm surprised you didn't like Afri; I think it's one of the best. But hey, to each his own.

As for Josta, what a bunch of Khrap. The best guarana sodas are Antarctica from the deposit bottle and Bawls. They're also in beautiful bottles. Pepsi just doesn't cut it when they try to imitate. Pepsi in the swirly deposit bottle isn't bad but alot of their recent inventions (as is the case with Coke's) are just a bunch of plastic or canned garbage.

MFfan310
04-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Here's some more baddies.....

-Pibb Xtra: The "Xtra" is the extra-horrible aftertaste! Give me Dr Pepper anyday over this CRAP!
-Diet Coke with Lemon: Diet Coke with Lemon Pledge is more like it.
-Tab: Tastes good at first, but the metallic aftertaste really gets ya!
-Jones Green Apple: WAY too sour-I prefer the Blur Bubble Gum or Cream Soda.
-"New and Improved" Diet 7UP: Tastes like stale Diet Sprite.
-Fanta Orange(US version): The orange flavor in this crap is too intense-give me the European Fanta Orange anyday!
-Gatorade Frost High Tide: The only Gatorade flavor I DON'T like.

drpep
04-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Diet Rite and Diet RC.

Syntax
10-04-2004, 12:28 AM
I remember Orbitz, I forgot all about it, it kinda dissapeared and never reappeared.

How about RC Edge... That stuff was round for a while.

shoothypotenuse
10-10-2004, 02:21 AM
blenheim ginger ale. i made the mistake of trying the hottest variety, and while the flavor itself wasn't necessarily bad, i'm just against any type of beverage setting my mouth on fire.

Drink
10-31-2004, 05:01 AM
Everyone at my work hates Barq's Diet Root Beer me on the other hand I love it.

Android
10-31-2004, 12:09 PM
Before I quit drinking root beers, I thought Diet Barq's was pretty good too.

andy

Coke04
10-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Diet Rite. The aftertaste from Splenda gets to me. I hope it doesn't ruin Pepsi One when it reformulates....

Hacksaw
11-03-2004, 11:07 PM
I just found another strange one: Twisted Bean Vanilla Brew. It tastes like a floral arangement.

ramonazo
11-07-2004, 02:55 AM
I think that the worst beverages are:

-Barq's: maybe because I'm not accustomed to the flavor of the root beer, but I tried it and tastes awful, like a cola with mint.

-Diet Coke with Lemon: I tried it in my last visit to US and tastes like a Diet Coke with lemon soap.

-Mexican Pepsi Twist: more than a cola soft drink with a touch of lemon, tastes like a lemon soft drink with a touch of cola.

-Mexican Pepsi Blue: I thought that it would taste like the US version, with a blueberry flavor, but tastes like the same crap of Pepsi.

Blenhead
02-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Any canned Ice Tea...

Vault makes me sick...literally

Diet Dr. Pepper I call Dr. Perfume

ramonazo
02-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Now there's also on my list...

-Mexican Pepsi Fire
-Mexican 7UP Ice
-Fanta Reven

Doug
02-26-2006, 01:39 PM
propel, idk why but i think it tastes horrible

wonkapete
02-27-2006, 11:48 AM
My wife and I tried Cel-Ray over the weekend. I've always had some in my collection but haven't tried it. Well, we tried it! I'm sorry, but that stuff is terrible!

ChrisPC
03-01-2006, 12:32 AM
SAY, FIXX: THAT STUFF WAS CALLED "PLAIN WRAP" BEER, AND RALPHS SOLD EVERYTHING THAT WAY "CRACKERS" "CORN FLAKES" EVEN "SHIRT" AND "HAT" (I THINK THOSE WERE GAGS)
CHEERS
WJLI remember Albertson's had store brand liquor. Vodka, rum, tequila, bourbon, scotch, you name it. It all came in huge plastic jugs.

BTW, the worst drink I ever had was probably Dr. Enuf. It tastes like you're drinking vitamin pills!

[ 02-28-2006, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: ChrisPC ]

sirslash
03-01-2006, 04:23 AM
drinks...you'll never see me drink

pepsi holiday spice
Vernors
MD pitch black 2
Monster all
Lost all
Faygo red pop
Faygo rock and rye
Faygo creme soda
7up plus mixed berry
sprite remix (gets worse everytime)

Mr Zabe
03-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Green River...tried it as a kid. YECK!!!!

jmyjunk
03-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ChrisPC:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />SAY, FIXX: THAT STUFF WAS CALLED "PLAIN WRAP" BEER, AND RALPHS SOLD EVERYTHING THAT WAY "CRACKERS" "CORN FLAKES" EVEN "SHIRT" AND "HAT" (I THINK THOSE WERE GAGS)
CHEERS
WJLI remember Albertson's had store brand liquor. Vodka, rum, tequila, bourbon, scotch, you name it. It all came in huge plastic jugs.

BTW, the worst drink I ever had was probably Dr. Enuf. It tastes like you're drinking vitamin pills! </font>[/QUOTE]Little hint on how to make no-name liquor good.
Use a Brttia pitcher and let the booze flow through, do that a couple of times, and you have a much better tasting drink. This seems to work best for vodka.

[ 03-01-2006, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

Mr Zabe
03-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Does the vodka ruin the filter so that water will taste funny?

jmyjunk
03-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, I would recommend having a pitcher just for the booze. It will go through the filter pretty fast. But, it will be able to handle several uses.
It really does make a difference!

the saint
03-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ChrisPC:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />SAY, FIXX: THAT STUFF WAS CALLED "PLAIN WRAP" BEER, AND RALPHS SOLD EVERYTHING THAT WAY "CRACKERS" "CORN FLAKES" EVEN "SHIRT" AND "HAT" (I THINK THOSE WERE GAGS)
CHEERS

BTW, the worst drink I ever had was probably Dr. Enuf. It tastes like you're drinking vitamin pills! </font>[/QUOTE]Albertson's has liquor???? Damn Oklahoma laws, all we have is beer..3.2 beer..well water with beer flavoring added.

ramonazo
03-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
Albertson's has liquor???? Damn Oklahoma laws, all we have is beer..3.2 beer..well water with beer flavoring added. Wow, you have very strong laws, here in the Mexican supermarkets there's a great variety of liquors and beers, but you have to buy it before 10 o'clock because of government regulations, and not to mention convenience stores like Oxxo, where even teenagers can buy liquor (in Mexico the legal age to drink is 18)

[ 03-01-2006, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

the saint
03-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Anything over 3.2 has to be sold in a liquor store, hot. Nothing can be sold cold in a liquor store, I may be wrong but I do not think that they can even chill wine for you. Nothing can be sold at a liquor store that does not contain alcohol, I.E. 7up etc to mix with. Liquor stores cannot open before 9-10 am and must close at 9 pm. They cannot open on Sundays, holidays, or election days. No alcohol of any kind, beer mainly, can be sold during the hours of 2 am and 6 am. All conveinence stores around here have key locking devices on the beer doors.

ramonazo
03-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Here there's a lot of liquor stores, for example there's a local liquor store chain called "Don Vino" and most of all sell wines, liquors and sodas in familiar sizes, specifically Coke, Fresca, Squirt, etc. Even the liquor stores make packages for parties, for example they sell a tequila with a 2-liter Fresca... In the Oxxo's theres also locking devices in the beer doors, and even they put a chain on it...

[ 03-01-2006, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

jmyjunk
03-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Please note!

This is laws of the individual state. In Colorado, where I live, they have laws that the supermarket can not sell anything but 3.2 beer.
You have to go to the liquor store for anything stronger.
In Missouri, supermarkets sell the full range of liquor. But restrict the sale during certain hours on Sunday.
Same is true in California. I think in Nevada, you can get it anytime smile.gif

the saint
03-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by jmyjunk:
Please note!

This is laws of the individual state. In Colorado, where I live, they have laws that the supermarket can not sell anything but 3.2 beer.
You have to go to the liquor store for anything stronger.
In Missouri, supermarkets sell the full range of liquor. But restrict the sale during certain hours on Sunday.
Same is true in California. I think in Nevada, you can get it anytime smile.gif I see your state has the same dumb liquor laws as Oklahoma concerning the amount of alcohol in beer.

Phire
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Big Red Soda. Bubblegum flavored Soda is just not right.

CStoreCatMan
03-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MFfan310:
SoBe Liz Blizz is SUPER-NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Definately the worst beverage in the world. LOL...its funny that this is my #2 selling Sobe item in SoCal.

sodagirl
03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
i was in san juan last week and i went into a walgreen's and tried this cola i had never seen before...i'm totally blanking on the name but it's shaped like a dr. pepper bottle, has a red label, and tastes like ****. it has, like, a bubblegum flavoring or something that made me immediately throw it out. i think it might be spelled 'kola' but it isn't afrikola.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by sodagirl:
i was in san juan last week and i went into a walgreen's and tried this cola i had never seen before...i'm totally blanking on the name but it's shaped like a dr. pepper bottle, has a red label, and tastes like ****. it has, like, a bubblegum flavoring or something that made me immediately throw it out. i think it might be spelled 'kola' but it isn't afrikola. KOLA REAL?

http://www.peru.com/finanzas/idocs2/2006/1/26/Imagen189606.jpg

[ 03-07-2006, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-07-2006, 08:13 PM
i just tasted vault, and while it tasted pretty good, theres a whopping 78 grams of sugar per bottle! yikes, thats rediculous. so in terms of content, that is the worst.

in terms of taste, i do this stuff for a living people, so i have tasted maybe 600 drinks or so in my day, and the worst drink is.....

drum roll please...

Energy 69!

sodagirl
03-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Coca-Colero:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sodagirl:
i was in san juan last week and i went into a walgreen's and tried this cola i had never seen before...i'm totally blanking on the name but it's shaped like a dr. pepper bottle, has a red label, and tastes like ****. it has, like, a bubblegum flavoring or something that made me immediately throw it out. i think it might be spelled 'kola' but it isn't afrikola. KOLA REAL?

http://www.peru.com/finanzas/idocs2/2006/1/26/Imagen189606.jpg </font>[/QUOTE]hmmm, it very well could be...i thought i remembered it had a drawing of a a guy with athletic gear on it, though.

ChrisPC
03-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Albertson's has liquor???? Damn Oklahoma laws, all we have is beer..3.2 beer..well water with beer flavoring added.That was in New Orleans. :D Even Wal-Mart sells liquor there. Dirt cheap, I might add.