PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Soldier

isochocolatesoldier
12-03-2001, 11:06 PM
Does anyone have any idea where I can find Chocolate Soldier? Do they make it anywhere? Is it only available in certain states? Any info at all?

boodoo
12-04-2001, 08:16 AM
Chocolate Soldier is owned and by Austin, Nichols & Co. Inc. They also own the YooHoo brand as well as Wild Turkey!

I was at their production plant in Louisiana and saw both YooHoo and Soldier running on the same line, one after the other without changing formulas.

Orangeman
12-04-2001, 11:18 AM
Actually, Yoo-Hoo, Chocolate Soldier, Austin-Nichols other chocolate drinks (mostly small regional beverages), and Orangina, were all bought recently by Cadbury Schweppes. They are now part of the Snapple Beverage Group.

boodoo
12-04-2001, 04:42 PM
What was I thinking? I knew that...must have had a brain surge.

sodasommelier
12-05-2001, 01:23 AM
Well, if you're just looking to get a bottle or a case of Chocolate Soldier... you can write me at kavakaze@yahoo.com and let me know what part of the country you're in; I'll try to head you toward a convenient source.

Hey does this mean that Chocolate Soldier and Yoo-Hoo will soon be manufactured using Cadbury's chocolate?!? http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

DRPEPPERMANTX
12-05-2001, 02:23 AM
Despite the eye witness account of having seen the CS and YooHoo bottled with out changing formulas, I have to say that there is a distinct taste difference between the two. YooHoo(another favorit of mine), when ice cold, is a smooth rich chocoloate flavor, whereas CS cold or hot is always gritty, like a slim-fast drink. Just My Opinion!!!

boodoo
12-05-2001, 10:22 AM
Yoo-Hoo is still one of my favorites as well. I have this great collection of Yoo-Hoo baseball trading cards that were re-prints of the 1950-60's Yankee teams, along with an autographed Yogi Berra card. They are displayed on a Yoo-Hoo promotional posted and framed. (Pretty cool stuff!)

For all the youngsters here on the BevNet, Yoo-Hoo was a big advertiser with the Yankees back in the 50's and 60's. Yogi was the "pitchman" for the brand.

I haven't had a CS in many years. I remember it having more of a "watery" taste than YH.

[This message has been edited by boodoo (edited 12-05-2001).]

Concord Hubbins
01-07-2002, 11:45 PM
Florida. When I was young, Florida was where I discovered and drank prodigious amounts of the Choco Soldier. At any one time, I'd have a veritable army of CS lounging in the barracks of filth that I called my bedroom trashcan.

I loved that beverage, but now that I live in California, I do not go on flavor missions with my old friend.

CH

USF SPAMMER 1
07-05-2005, 12:37 AM
You should go to a Cocoa Army base.

Hatfield Tumpkins
07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I used to drink Chocosoldier all the time when I was a yungun, but now its hard to find nowadays round these here parts.

rc4me
07-05-2005, 10:05 PM
I like YooHoo better than Chocolate Soldier but I haven't seen Chocolate Soldier for along time.

Look In The Tunk
07-05-2005, 10:30 PM
I think Dollar General sells it.

Mr Zabe
07-05-2005, 10:47 PM
The dollar store sells in the regular size bottle for a $1. I usually wait till it goes on sale below a dollar at the grocery store. I tend to delay gratification with YooHoo. I binge on it a few time a year,at least 2 bottles at time once a day for a week or so.

Call me a binging frugal YooHoo drinker. YUM