PDA

View Full Version : 7-Up 2-fers this summer?

Android
07-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Question for y'all, is the local 7-up bottler here in Wyoming (Admiral/Fremont) typical of others across the country in their promoting 20 ounce NR's for 2 for a dollar? This promotion is for 7-up,Diet,DNL and Cherry 20 ouncers, only. They've been running this for a couple of months and it's selling heavily. Just about every time I go into a C-store I see someone buying some and about the only empty slots I've seen in coolers are in the 7-up sections. Since 7-Up here is still part of the Pepsi system, I wonder how much this has cut into convenience store sales of the Pepsi line. And I wonder if this will increase 7-up sales any once the promotion ends.

andy

Terry K
07-30-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Android:
Question for y'all, is the local 7-up bottler here in Wyoming (Admiral/Fremont) typical of others across the country in their promoting 20 ounce NR's for 2 for a dollar? This promotion is for 7-up,Diet,DNL and Cherry 20 ouncers, only. They've been running this for a couple of months and it's selling heavily. Just about every time I go into a C-store I see someone buying some and about the only empty slots I've seen in coolers are in the 7-up sections. Since 7-Up here is still part of the Pepsi system, I wonder how much this has cut into convenience store sales of the Pepsi line. And I wonder if this will increase 7-up sales any once the promotion ends.

andyAdmiral/Fremont is more or less a 3rd tier bottler who happens to have Pepsi. Admiral pushes the heck out of 7up and its products and they have one of the higher per-capita consumptions of 7up in the country (they're also the only 7up you can get in Cool Packs). Admiral I'd guess is pushing 7up this heavily to promote they still have it, and yes, I think it will continue. I haven't seen this type of promo anywhere else in the US (although Southern Cali c stores are doing some killer coke promos)

fusion
10-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Does Admiral still carry 7-Up? Beverage Digest had a headline about 3rd tiers handling Sierra Mist in the Mid-West, so I automatically thought of Admiral's territory.

Android
10-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Well, here in central Wyoming, they still carry 7-up. I just bought some Diet 7up, along with some Pepsi products in a "buy 2 get 2 free" deal on Pepsi products at the Safeway in town a couple of weeks ago.
-Andy

fusion
10-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Your post reminded me of another 3rd tier who happens to have Pepsi - Pepsi of Roanoke Rapids, NC aka Pepsi McPherson.

from a roadtrip report I wrote about them 6/19/06:

"They have Sundrop, Sunkist, Nugrape, Canada Dry, Schweppes, Dr Pepper, and 7Up. They have CF and CF Diet Dew, but no lime, vanilla, cherry, etc Pepsi or Diet. lots of 16oz 6pks (shrinkwrapped) but no 24oz 6pks." "I think they may also have A&W."

Android
10-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Does the Pepsi bottler around Buffalo, NY still carry 7-Up too? I remember that they used to.

drpep
10-14-2007, 01:25 PM
No they do not.