PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of the end of MY Melon!

Boris
07-31-2003, 11:48 AM
I was in GA yesterday, see trip report by dr pepperman. and I ran into some consolidated coke distributors. We started talking because they were taking a break, and I asked them about Mellow Yellow Melon and the scarcity of it. The reply I got was quote, "Oh yeah, We ain't makin' that junk no more." I was intrigued by this and it seems like they have stopped production of MY Melon. So awhile up the road, I ran into a racetrak that still had 4 fridgepacks left of MY Melon back in the bottom. So I grabbed those and put them in my already cramped trunk...Anyone else know what is going on and if this is true?

drpep
07-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Maybe its a summer only product in some areas. When I found it this year it was June. When I did not see it last year it was late September. The first time I found it was summer.

steveu
07-31-2003, 06:28 PM
Our local bottler in Huntsville has been producing it consistently for a year and I don't think there's any plans to scrap it. MY Cherry might be history, though.

teamtitan512
07-31-2003, 11:12 PM
Consolidated dropped it a while ago. Other bottlers still produce it, mainly only Coke United.

Terry K
08-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Consolidated dropped it a while ago. Other bottlers still produce it, mainly only Coke United.CCE Indy still runs it (Plant HO) and sells it in Kentucky too.

ben
03-24-2004, 12:05 AM
we used to have mello yello melon here in mami but they got rid of it. i think that coca-cola still makes it but no boattlers want it