PDA

View Full Version : What's Up with Northern Neck & Carver's

T.I.A.
07-31-2003, 06:41 PM
I've been having problems getting Northern Neck 12 oz. cans and Carver's 12 oz. glass from our local Coke distributor (Central of Staunton, VA).

Our salesperson says that the Carver's is being discontinued and she doesn't know what's up with the Northern Neck cans, though I haven't been able to get any for at least three weeks. NN is still available in 20 oz. plastic.

Anybody know anything?

Makes me think I shouldn't like any drinks... they'll just get bought out and ruined by Coke.

fusion
08-02-2003, 06:35 PM
As far as I know, Northern Neck Bottling Company is still producing Carver's and NN Reg & Diet. Their production code is MV (Montross, Virginia). CCE still sells NN in a few markets around that general area, but I don't know if they still produce it or if they buy it from NNBC. I saw a 2 liter in Richmond (CCE territory) with MV as the code.. previously I had seen RM (Richmond) codes in Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia.

Both Central and NNBC buy their cans from Mid-Atlantic Canners. Last time I was in the Northern Neck, I grabbed 4 fridge packs of diet NN, and 2 cases of 6 packs of regular NN. Good dates on the 6 packs, they were right in line with the rest of the Coke products that were on sale.

As far as I know, only NNBC makes Carver's. I'd call them directly and see if they are still producing it.