PDA

View Full Version : Sobe on tap, & other news

Hacksaw
07-31-2003, 08:25 PM
OK, I went into a local AM-PM, & I was slightly shocked to see Sobe Citrus Energy on tap. Is this a recent addition? I also saw Gatorade Blue on tap.

Another surprising addition is a flavor booster on Big Gulps at various local AM-PMs & 7-11s. They have 3 different pump syrup dispensers for cherry, lemon-lime, & vanilla. Instructions for how much to add to each size of drink is mentioned. So, you CAN have Vanilla Pepsi, or Vanilla Dr. Pepper, etc.

I'm also seeing Fanta: Bannana (good!), Sour Watermelon, Sour Apple, and Blue Berry in Slurpee flavors.

The "Toy" size Cokes are hitting the local supermarkets. These are the ones sized like the
other energy drinks. The colors are such that it's real tough to read the writing on them. There is also a premium price compared to normal 12 oz. cans of Coke.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-31-2003, 10:14 PM
i've seen lots of new flavors of slurpees popping up

diet pepsi
crystal light line
sobe yellow
etc...

SURGE
08-02-2003, 02:01 AM
What Pepsi has done to the SoBe brand is just awefull. With cans and fountain and.....Mr. Green they have turned a premuim brand into crap...reminds me of Coke and Minute Maid.

Hacksaw
08-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Fountains do have the potential to be the best tasting, IMHO. They also be really bad if set too weak, you use crummy tasting local water, etc.

I just still didn't expect to see Sobe on tap.