PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Vanilla and Twist get the axe

SURGE
04-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Looks like Pepsi is right behind Coke on dropping their lemon and regular-vanilla colas (DPV seems to be staying for now). I wonder if this will help reinflate BCVC sales? Either way I think this was a smart move to make way for something that will actually sell and not take of shelf space. I am unhappy that regular twist will be gone- not a big seller but pretty good. No matter it seems people have until sometime this summer to stock up.

Pepsi looking to 'Jazz' up colas?
Sources say the No. 2 soft drink company plans to launch new fruit-flavored diet cola brand this summer.

April 7, 2006

NEW YORK- Pepsi is expected to launch a new brand of fruit-flavored diet colas this summer called "Jazz," a move that one industry expert says is intended to add "some excitement" to the company's cola offerings.

John Sicher, editor of industry trade publication Beverage Digest, said possible flavors would include strawberries and cream and cherry-vanilla. The brand would belong to the Pepsi trademark although it's not certain whether or not it will also carry the Pepsi name.

The product is expected to launch some time in the summer, Sicher said.

"The diet cola category is still growing and both Coke (Research) and Peps (Research)i already have flavored cola offerings which have done well," Sicher said. "This new product should create some excitement for Pepsi because fruity-flavored drinks right now are popular right now with consumers."

Sicher said it was also unclear whether "Jazz" will become a permanent addition to Pepsi's portfolio but that as the new products are launched, Pepsi will discontinue production of regular and diet Pepsi Twist and regular Pepsi Vanilla.

Coca-Cola Co. already has a black cherry vanilla version of Diet Coke, which it launched in January.

Pepsi spokeswoman Nicole Bradley declined to comment on the story other than to say that the company is "always looking for new ways to grow our portfolio and innovation is very important to us."

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Pepsi did the same moves that Coke did... except about the strawberries and cream version...

And Pepsi Twist is being discontinued?...no way!! :eek: (sarcasm)

But to be honest... it's so sad that regular Pepsi Vanilla will be discontinued... was one of the few Pepsi products I liked... :(

[ 04-12-2006, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

mjb1124
04-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
Pepsi did the same moves that Coke did... except about the strawberries and cream version...Well, but that kinda sounds, er, influenced by Berries & Cream Dr Pepper.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to these new products, as Pepsi generally does diet flavored colas well. And I'm glad they're keeping Diet Pepsi Vanilla around...I could do without Twist.

iluvsurge220
04-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I am greatly going to miss Pepsi Vanilla. It was the best of all the pepsi flavors including the original pepsi itself. I loved that stuff. I can't believe they are discontinuing it!!!

XLS_04
04-13-2006, 02:27 AM
Pepsi Vanilla was simply created to compete with Vanilla Coke. So I am not suprised about this.

pepsidew
04-13-2006, 04:35 PM
whenever we get rid of pepsi vanilla i will be buying a few cases with the best dates for sure, i really like pepsi vanilla but cherry vanilla will probably be good

DGibb
04-13-2006, 07:19 PM
That disappoints me, my favorite Pepsi product is Pepsi Vanilla. It goes great with Bacardi, also!

SuperAmmo
04-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Cherry Vanilla sounds amazing, so does Strawberries and Cream, sounds better than Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream.

I'm assuming these will come out in diet as well? (For those of us who only drink diet)

mjb1124
04-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Actually, from what I'm gathering, they will only be in diet.

XLS_04
04-14-2006, 12:15 AM
The past couple of years they have been trying to target the diet cola drinkers with more flavor variations than the non diet cola drinkers.

I am still suprised Splenda is not in alot of these new flavored diet colas such as Diet Coke with Lime, Diet Pepsi Vanilla, etc...

SURGE
04-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Yeah they are diet which is pretty stupid if you ask me-

XLS_04
04-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Guess they feel most of the American population is on a diet. For years they have been saying Diet Coke will eventually outsell Coca-Cola someday.

popologist
04-15-2006, 07:07 AM
diet coke won't outsell coke classic until they make it taste better.

diet coke with splenda is a little better, but not enough.

coke zero tastes good enough to do it, but... it doesn't have the distribution of diet coke to do it any time soon.

popologist
04-15-2006, 07:11 AM
i doubt these flavored colas and diets really add that much revenue to either coke or pepsi.

i mean, people who pick up a 12-pack of diet pepsi twist, probably already drink diet pepsi. and the same goes for vanilla, and cherry, and lime.

it's good that they want to offer variations, but if they're not willing to keep them around for the long haul, i just don't really see the point.

jblaviback
04-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Man,
If there going to go threw the trouble of bringing out new flavors than bring it out in diet AND regular.

Dewman1979
04-15-2006, 07:50 PM
hope they splenda it.

pepsidew
04-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
i doubt these flavored colas and diets really add that much revenue to either coke or pepsi.

i mean, people who pick up a 12-pack of diet pepsi twist, probably already drink diet pepsi. and the same goes for vanilla, and cherry, and lime.

it's good that they want to offer variations, but if they're not willing to keep them around for the long haul, i just don't really see the point. i think they release variations to increase total cases sold - anyways i noticed today when i was ordering that we aced pepsi twist 12pks - i bet vanilla is next :(