PDA

View Full Version : My take on Pepsi Vanilla

The Doomite
08-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Hey y'all,
I got my first bottle of Pepsi Vanilla this afternoon and just wanted to give y'all my opinion of it. It's not too bad, but I think I'll stick with V-Coke. The Pepsi Vanilla seemed to have more of a syrupy consistency to it (at least that's what I thought) and isn't as smooth-tasting as V-Coke. Any other opinions on Pepsi Vanilla? The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Nostalgia
08-06-2003, 12:14 AM
It hasn't arrived here in Colorado yet, but I'll give it a try the moment it becomes avalible. So far I'm not very optimistic about it since I feel most Pepsi cop-offs are inferior to coke's original brands. I tried Wild Cherry Pepsi a few days ago and thought it was horrible, especially opposed to Cherry coke which in my opinion is one of the Cocacola company's best products to date. Wild Cherry Pepsi was way too-syrupy and I actually felt thirstier after I finished the bottle.

chrisok
08-06-2003, 01:20 AM
I thought that Vanilla Pepsi was smoother than Vanilla Coke. I agree that it is more syrupy than Coke. The taste is pretty good and the aftertaste isn't too bad. Overall, it's an average drink.(But it's much better than Pepsi Blue.)

Nostalgia
08-06-2003, 02:29 AM
I just checked the super-market and it I found cases of Pepsi Vanilla and diet Pepsi Vanilla. I hardly ever drink regular soda since I don't believe the superior taste compensates for the calories. All I can say is WOW! I don't know how regular Pepsi Vanilla compares to Vanilla coke but I can tell you that diet pepsi vanilla tears diet vanilla coke a new one. After the first sip I was looking at the label to check and see if I had actually bought a diet beverage since the aftertaste usually associated with diet sodas was virtually nonexistant.

SURGE
08-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Well I tried it. The diet isn't too bad more or less on par with Diet VC. But the regular is jus syrupy not in a good way. Its pretty gross. Its always amazing when a company has a few years to copy something and still does a bad job....oh welll typical Pepsi sub-par junk.

Stackups Immy
08-07-2003, 12:09 AM
i got my first bottle of it today...i gotta say..i LOVE this stuff..it doesnt have that harsh sorta sour flavor that vanilla coke has....all in all i think pepsi's hit the nail on the head with the formula..its VERY vanilla flavored...

i think it rocks.

=]

Shatter
08-07-2003, 01:45 AM
I like it better than Vanilla Coke. I didn't think it was syrupy at all. Maybe it's just the way they formulate it here. And it's very smooth. With Vanilla Coke, you taste the vanilla and then get hit with a cola flavor, whereas the Vanilla Pepsi has more of a smooth blend of the two without much of a cola aftertaste. The flavors just work together better. I still won't drink vanilla colas on a regular basis, but Vanilla Pepsi is at the top of my list.

SURGE
08-07-2003, 03:04 PM
It doesn't have the nice creamy flavor of VC nor does it have that sweet aftertaste. Its the kind of product I would expect from #2 a cookie cutter copy.

BottleBoss
08-08-2003, 11:28 AM
I picked up a bottle of Vanilla Pepsi from the 7-11 in Bolivar West Virginia last night. I thought it was pretty good.

Gary C
08-09-2003, 06:09 PM
I tried it yesterday and thought it was very good. It tastes as expected, Pepsi with vanilla flavoring. Given the choice between Pepsi Vanilla and Vanilla Coke, I'd take Pepsi because I prefer Pepsi over Coke. However, they are both very good and I will continue to drink both when I'm in the mood for one or the other. Doesn't matter to me who came out with the vanilla version first, and there is no need to drink one exclusively. There's plenty to go around for everyone.

I'd put Pepsi Vanilla up there as one of my favorites now.

steveu
08-11-2003, 03:50 PM
I've tried it a few times this weekend and liked it ok. Definitely a little stronger/sweeter than V. Coke, but I can't really say I prefer one over the other. I'll probably put it at the bottom of my rotation with V. Coke.

karks88
08-11-2003, 03:51 PM
I had my first bottle yesterday. It was better than I expected but I wouldn't buy it over Vanilla Coke. The aftertaste reminded me of some sort of alcoholic beverage.

The Doomite
08-12-2003, 01:13 AM
I bought another bottle of the stuff this afternoon, and I must say that I may have judged it a bit too harshly the first time. It does have a nice flavor to it, and I didn't really notice the syrupy feeling when I drank it this time. However, I still would go with V-Coke over Pepsi Vanilla. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Uncle Thirsty
08-12-2003, 10:49 PM
I think it's pretty good, I've tried it several times. It will be added to my: try every few times. I would bet it sticks around for awhile.

Zeni
08-13-2003, 05:39 AM
Picked up a case the other day myself, I love this stuff as well, overall with all coke beverages I can't stand the sweetness because it gets to almost an acidic point with the aftertaste, however with Pepsi Vanilla it's really much more a smooth light cola taste intermingled with a heavier vanilla flavour.

Definitely more Vanilla than Pepsi, but in a good way.

Android
08-14-2003, 04:19 PM
I tried both normal and Diet Vanilla Pepsi the other day. They were OK but I'm not a vanilla fan so I won't be buying them again. I actually couldn't finish either of them. I'd much rather have Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Coke over the vanilla versions.

andy

Ron Swedelson
08-17-2003, 11:28 PM
I havent seen it or tried it yet, but saw their comercial today. Pretty funny. The side loader with the stereo system and hydrolics. Actually a great comercial for once.

Shatter
08-18-2003, 12:29 AM
I've gotta agree on the commercial. It made me smile.

teamtitan512
08-18-2003, 02:54 AM
Never seen the commercial. Tried the drink though.

What a shock....another Pepsi product I don't like. My first thought after I took a sip was I should've spent this dollar on the Vanilla Coke in the other cooler.

XLS_03
08-18-2003, 01:57 PM
I tried it. Not bad Pepsi Vanilla and Vanilla Coke are both good in there own way.

Flareman
08-18-2003, 03:30 PM
I didn't like how it tasted at all. I think pepsi is too strong for a vanilla flavor. I can't believe on the label, under the pepsi sign, it says "smooth vanilla coke". Thats false advertising. I only finished half of the 20oz bottle. Even though I like pepsi over coke as a cola, I like coke's vanilla coke much more than pepsi vanilla.

the saint
08-19-2003, 04:15 PM
I believe what you are refering to is " smooth vanilla COLA" not "smooth vanilla coke"

SURGE
09-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Flareman you must have missread the sign. Still whats funny is that I'm sure thats what was on the mind of everybody at Pepsi...."Gotta get a VC knockoff, gotta do it quick, hurry hurry"

Ok I'm done bashing I just had a nice chuckle when I read that.