PDA

View Full Version : Ice?

Boris
08-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Ice good or bad? I personally dislike ice. Espcially when the drink comes from a fountain where it is already cooled. Plus ice is bad for you stomach as it contracts it and what not...

That is my opinion, Yours is probably very different, I would love to hear it.

teamtitan512
08-12-2003, 12:34 AM
I personally don't mind ice, but it needs to be in very small quantity. I like my drinks cold, and if they've been in a refrigerator, then ice is not needed. In a fountain, I put just enough not to dilute the drink but cool it some.

Of course though, I can drink warm soda out of a can.

I've never heard your ice theory, but I'm sure since you bottle your own sodas, it would work to your advantage to sell them, because if ice is bad, people will think water is bad, enticing them to drink soda. I really think it might be utter crap though.

The Doomite
08-12-2003, 12:51 AM
I could go both ways about ice. I've always put a little ice in my drinks whenever I get them from a dispenser. Not too much though, or else you don't get as much of the beverage of choice in the cup and you have to refill more often, something I hate about going through the drive-thrus. I've never really heard about ice being "bad" for you though. My GF loves ice, she's always crunching it. That's not exactly a bad thing, but I won't go there, keeping it "G", as Emeril says. ;) I really like ice if it's small and compact, kinda like the stuff you can get at Taco Bell. Nice size and shape, and it feels nice in the mouth. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

icedpee
08-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Personally, ice leaves me cold.

steveu
08-19-2003, 09:16 PM
I do a little ice, mainly at fast food places. I always say "light ice."

Shatter
08-20-2003, 07:42 PM
I bought some 'gourmet' ice sometime last year. It was slow frozen to make it crystal clear. It looked like the ice used in soft drink commercials.

I don't particularly like ice in my drinks. I only put enough ice in a fountain drink to get it cold.