PDA

View Full Version : best cream soda?

mello yello
08-13-2003, 03:01 PM
my friends here in philly are trying to try as many different cream sodas as they can get their hands on, to determine which is the best. the have tried all the big name cream sodas so far, and some generics. . .any ideas on what else they can try? one rule for comparison sakes is that they are sticking to only drinks that are just cream soda, as in no flavored cream sodas, like orange cream soda, etc. feel free to say which you think is the best...

Boris
08-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Where in philly? I was born in Bristol PA, Its near levitown...

But my comrades and I did that awhile back...You have to talk to the girl who runs Pop-soda dot com because she has alot more then what is listed. Like 20 more then what is listed. And there are some on sodaking.com that they don't have on pop. Just look around there. I think we sampled 67 cream soda to date. And the best cream soda (Not counting my Cream Soda that I make) Is AJ Stephans. It tastes like those candy dots that came on the paper, Remember you would rip them off and eat them and some times you got the paper stuck to the candy so you had to spit out the paper. Well its like that without the paper and with a vanilla cream back ground, Boylans and Henry Weinhards are 2nd and 3rd.

Boris
08-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Oh, and the worst are Root 66 and Thomas Kemper, They taste so horrible, Root 66 is tolerable but the thomas kemper is just so horrible.

fusion
08-13-2003, 07:32 PM
I was in Bristol a few weeks ago. You know, they have a Wally World now.. lol.

I'm not a big cream soda fan. I can deal with the flavored ones, like orange, red, and so on.. But straight cream soda is too much for me.

teamtitan512
08-13-2003, 09:51 PM
First of all, Mello Yello, you might be in the wrong city for your favorite drink LOL.

The only cream soda you can get here is A&W and even it is a hard time trying to get (RC Winchester doesn't make it in 12 packs, so occassionally we see them from ABC), and that's about the only advantage of Valley Beverage, is that we get product from both ABC and RC Winchester, not just one or the other. I really enjoy A&W Cream Soda, and drink it regularly. I have a thing w/Vanilla in my drinks, because I love Vanilla Coke.

[ 08-13-2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: teamtitan512 ]

Flareman
08-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Generic cream soda's are overpowering and usually don't taste like real vanilla. I think my favorite right now is Hank's vanilla cream. It has a light carbination and a smooth authentic vanilla flavor. I place it slightly higher than A&W

[ 08-18-2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Flareman ]

T.I.A.
08-20-2003, 09:45 PM
My favorites would have to be Boylan's & Sprecher.

Least favorite is definitely A&W, though I thought Hansen's was pretty nasty as well.

Adrin
08-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Jones Soda makes an incredible cream soda, if you haven't tried it yet.

Shatter
08-25-2003, 03:45 AM
When I was a kid visiting my grandparents, we'd always get Shasta Cream Soda. There weren't a lot of cream sodas on the market at the time. I hadn't had it in years until a few months ago. It was even better than I remember. It had a mild butterscotch flavor to it that I don't remember tasting before. All in all, a really good cream soda from an unlikely source.

T.I.A.
08-25-2003, 07:13 PM
I remember the Jones Cream Soda. I thought it was nasty the first time I tried it, but every bottle I had was better than the last. Kinda the anti-heroin, I guess. But it didn't sell and we dropped it and that was the end of that.