PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Cream Soda.

pepsidew
06-29-2005, 05:47 PM
from what i have tried these are my favorites.

1)Stewarts
2)Shasta
3)A&W
4)Mug

havent really tried more then that smile.gif what about you?

Look In The Tunk
06-29-2005, 05:52 PM
I like Dr. Brown's cream soda. I haven't had it in a while though.The grocery store where I used to work at sold singe cans of Dr.Brown's at around $.69 and I'd always have one with my lunch or on my 10 minute break.

I like IBC too.

wonkapete
06-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Nothing like Barq's Red Creme.. or their French Vanilla Creme!

kiss5150
06-29-2005, 07:30 PM
IBC..............The best part is that our Big Lots has then for 1.28 for a 4 pack!

Mr Zabe
06-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Call me a sentimental soda pop freak.

I grew up enjoying Canfields Swiss Cream Soda.
It's not fancy smanchy but ice cold to me it's liquid memories of my early soda pop years.

My uncle and I used to sit in his kitchen, trading CSCS shots. It was so enjoyable.

Hacksaw
06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
It WAS Fanta Red cream. Henry Weinhart's is the closest tasting to it now, also top notch.

Nehi Blue Cream was pretty good, but it's now gone as well. The same with the Original New York Seltzer Vanilla Cream, long gone.

Virgil's Cream is great. Barrel Brothers is also real good. The Moxie Blue Cream is much better than the Moxie brown Cream (only fair). Frostie's Blue Cream is also good, and so is IBC.

A & W is just ok. Dad's Cream is only fair the one time I tried it, maybe I'll try it again. Barq's Red Cream had a little more strawberry than I like in it.

I've never had Mug's Cream. And I regret not trying Canfield's Swiss Cream. I need to try Dr. Brown's Cream again.

redcremesoda
06-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Off the top of my head...

Barq's Red Creme, Henry Weinhart's Black Cherry Cream, Blumer's Blueberry Cream, Sprecher's Cream, Druther's Vanilla Creme Root Beer, Hank's Vanilla Cream and my latest acquisition...Zuberfizz Key Lime Cream!

Need to try Barq's Vanilla Creme, Virgil's Cream and Doc Brown's. And anything I haven't tried yet that is a cream soda.

I do likes me some cream sodas :D

wonkapete
06-30-2005, 12:11 PM
>>Nehi Blue Cream was pretty good, but it's now gone as well.

Hacksaw, I found Nehi Blue Cream in Mississippi a couple weeks ago. So, it's still lurking around..

BottleBoss
06-30-2005, 01:15 PM
1. Sprecher
2. A&W
3. ?

Look In The Tunk
06-30-2005, 01:19 PM
I forgot about the New York seltzer cream soda. That was always in my house in the late 1980's!

New York Seltzer and Josta are my most missed sodas.

Ralph Slate
07-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I stumbled across this board because I vaguely remembered a soda from my childhood, and this board helped me pin it down -- Fanta Red Cream. I used to get it at the vending machine at my father's gas station.

I swear that this flavor is the same as a soda called Goya Cola Champagne. Every time I drink the Goya soda it brings back memories from a long time ago.

Does anyone else think this, or am I just crazy?

Ralph

Hacksaw
07-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I've never had, or even heard of, Goya Cola Chapagne.

Yes, Sprecher Cream is also real good.

Look In The Tunk
07-11-2005, 10:42 PM
I've never had Goya Champange Soda, but I've had another champange soda called Tropi-Cola back in 1994. I thought it was so good until I got sick one night (I don't think me getting sick had anything to do with the cola, but I did drink some before getting sick) and I had bad assocation with it for years.

I will consider trying the goya kind though.

Ralph Slate
07-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Goya is a Puerto Rican brand of food. I don't know why, but one day I decided to try that flavor, and it was an instant memory jogger. I read an article by someone else who claims that another kind of caribbean cola tastes like Fanta Red Cream, so maybe it's a match.

I found a link to it here:

http://www.sodapopstop.com/products/detail.cfm?link=325

(and I SWEAR I am not affiliated with either the website nor the company). It sells for $0.50 a bottle up here in Springfield MA.

In searching for it I saw it listed several times under cream soda categories. It doesn't taste like a cream soda to me -- it tastes very unique, but something I've tasted before.

Ralph

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-12-2005, 08:08 AM
Barq's Red Creme.

BottleBoss
07-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Goya Cola Champagne is very good. But Cola Champagne is not a cream drink. I don't really know what it is.

SaveCitra
07-12-2005, 12:51 PM
The only brands available around here are Stewart's, IBC, Mug, and A&W. Stewart's is by far the best. Stewart's sodas are amazing. I know there are better gourmet sodas out there, but for it's price and availability, Stewart's can't be beat!

juniorjin
07-13-2005, 12:30 AM
i still think boylan creme soda is the best. there's something about the sugar cane....and creme soda

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Boss, champagne cola is pretty interesting stuff. Very few American companies sell it.

I guess it's an acquired taste. I never really liked it, but the more I try it, I start getting used to it.

Champange cola is popular pretty much everywhere except the US, and maybe Canada.

SEV

MISTICman
07-13-2005, 11:44 PM
For me....
1) Big Red
2) Big K Red Cream (Kroger brand)

gregmech26
07-19-2005, 07:47 AM
Best:

Henry Weinhard's Cream
Henry Weinhard's Black Cherry Cream

(The Original New York Seltzer Cream)
(The Original Crush Cream Soda from 1980)

Good:

Pearson Brother's Strawberry Cream
Virgil's Cream
A&W Cream
Barq's Floatz
Shasta Raspberry Cream

Average:

Baumeister Cream
Dr. Brown's Cream
Stewart's Cream
Sprecher Cream
Faygo Cream
Barq's Cream
Barq's Red Cream
IBC Cream
AJ Stephens Cream
Dad's
Boylans
Jeff's Amazing Vanilla Egg Cream
Thomas Kemper Cream
Gray's Cream

Worst:

Druther's
Gray's Raspberry Cream
Gordon's Strawberry and Cream
Gordon's Cherry and Cream
Journey Caribbean Cream
Mystic Seaport Lemon Cream
Stewarts Cherries and Cream
Stewarts Strawberry Cream
Tommy Knocker Almond Cream

I'm sure I'm forgetting many other cream sodas which I've tried. I still would like to try Nehi Blue Cream, Blummer Bluberry Cream, Barrel Brothers Cream, Hank's Cream, Briars Cream, Vanilla Big Red Floats, Moxie, Frostie, Mug, Hires Cream, Canfield Swiss Cream, and others.

[ 07-19-2005, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: gregmech26 ]

Hacksaw
07-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I just picked up 3 12 packs of Barq's Red Cream in Reno yesterday. The first one I tried seemed kind of week. I hope I didn't waste money on this.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Barq's Red Cream has a very smooth and mellow(subtle) taste. You won't be blown away by its flavor.

SEV

Look In The Tunk
07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by gregmech26:
Worst:
Stewarts Cherries and Cream
Stewarts Strawberry Cream
I used to drink that stuff when I worked at a grocery store that sold individual bottles of it and it was nothing to write home about.

[ 07-21-2005, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: TheConnieVandelayShow ]