PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine expansion continues

Windmill
08-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Cheerwine is now on the shelf in southeast Alabama. Picked up some over the weekend. Regular and diet available in 20 oz. plastic. Also picked up 12 oz. glass of A&W, Sundrop, RC, Nehi grape and peach, Orange Crush, and Welch's grape.

icedpee
08-19-2003, 08:27 PM
The meat water on the bottom of my fridge is more refreshing than Cheerwine. Who the hell is drinking this crap?

steveu
08-19-2003, 10:13 PM
To each his own ... Cheerwine rules! ESpecially if you can find the 12 oz. glass bottles.

fusion
08-20-2003, 08:33 PM
I had a Cheerwine 16.9 last night. Has an interesting taste in a PET bottle.. Sure, not as good as a longneck, but still good (and I only paid about $1.99 for the 6pk).

teamtitan512
08-20-2003, 09:26 PM
6 pack 1/2 liters? Has Davis, CD Potomac, or CD Honickman now added Cheerwine?

fusion
08-20-2003, 10:46 PM
No, they were from my last road trip. I picked them up in the Charlotte NC area, produced by Independent Beverage of Charlotte.

Pepsi Central Virginia now distributes Cheerwine, in five central VA counties, including the cities of Staunton and Harrisonburg.

It's also distributed by different distributors in southern Virginia. The small 4th tier in my area had 2L, 6pks, and longnecks.. not sure if they still carry it, though.

JACK
08-21-2003, 09:51 AM
I saw Cheerwine Vendors in Houston yesterday. According to bottler, DPSUBG, they are headed for Beaumont, TX

MDCoke
09-11-2003, 05:48 PM
I agree, Cheerwine is a fun sode...especially in glass bottles.

teamtitan512
09-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Hmmm...There must have been some switching down in VA. I saw Cheerwine in Staunton and Harrisonburg, from the RC bottler, which is independent from the Dr Pepper/Mountain Dew bottler who has Sierra Mist. It's a screwed up area, sounds like it's getting more outlandish. Did DP/MD pick up RC or something?

fusion
09-11-2003, 09:22 PM
According to their website, Cheerwine (http://www.cheerwine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=News.BeaumontTempleKilleen) is distributed by Pepsi Central Virginia in that area. The Blue Ridge Beverage (http://www.blueridgebeverage.com/frame.htm) website hasn't been updated in probably two years, and they don't even mention their Sierra Mist franchise.

The whole situation is really confusing.

According to a website I just read, there are only two non-Pepsi bottlers with Mountain Dew. RC Winchester and Dr Pepper West Jefferson. I could be wrong, but that then would lead me to beleive that Winchester owns the rights to MD and DP down as far as Staunton, probably even further -- but I could be wrong on that one. And from the looks of the caps in those areas, the bottlers are selling a lot of stuff to each other. The Sierra Mist I saw was coming from Pepsi Pennsauken, who also bottles Canada Dry and other DPSU products for their sister company, Canada Dry Delaware Valley.

Usually the way I decipher who has what in what area is to look at the shelf tags. Food Lion always lists the name of the distributor right on the label, so you know who it's coming from.

Terry K
09-12-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by fusion:

The whole situation is really confusing.

According to a website I just read, there are only two non-Pepsi bottlers with Mountain Dew. RC Winchester and Dr Pepper West Jefferson. I could be wrong, but that then would lead me to beleive that Winchester owns the rights to MD and DP down as far as Staunton, probably even further -- but I could be wrong on that one. And from the looks of the caps in those areas, the bottlers are selling a lot of stuff to each other. The Sierra Mist I saw was coming from Pepsi Pennsauken, who also bottles Canada Dry and other DPSU products for their sister company, Canada Dry Delaware Valley.

Usually the way I decipher who has what in what area is to look at the shelf tags. Food Lion always lists the name of the distributor right on the label, so you know who it's coming from.RC Winchester is the only Non-Pepsi bottler who runs MD in all forms available. (this is odd, I know) RCW runs Cans (12 packs, 2L, 20 oz, etc..)

West Jefferson DP, however, runs LONGNECK Mt Dew (We at the salute did a little checking and found that WJDP only runs longneck bottles, they appearantly source everything else from Carolina Canners. The longnecks of stuff you see on the various soda sites come from these guys!)

Both WJDP and Winchester have contracts predicating the Pepsi ownership of Dew, and have refused to sell out to Pepsi at any price :D

teamtitan512
09-12-2003, 09:58 PM
RC Winchester is really different. They even do Pepsi's 24 oz. bottles of Mt Dew and Dr Pepper, and used to do 7Up ones. They have 1/2 liters they buy off Davis or ABC of their other brands. (7Up, RC, A&W, Sunkist, Canada Dry)

teamtitan512
09-12-2003, 10:00 PM
RC Winchester runs 12 packs, 24 packs, 24oz. 6 packs, 20 oz., 2L. The 24 packs are suitcase style.

They have Dew, Diet Dew, CF Dew, CF Diet Dew, Dew CR, Dew LW. PBG does Diet CR, but Rc Winchester doesn't waste their time. CR isn't selling real well these days, the packs here are about 6 months older than the ones for other brands.

teamtitan512
09-14-2003, 09:43 PM
I think Blue Ridge Beverage has nothing to do w/Staunton and Harrisonburg other than the RC Cola franchise which is separate there.

I believe I found record of a Dr Pepper/Mountain Dew Bottling Co. in Staunton. They are probably just a small little distributor now (like Valley Beverage here in Western MD) buying product out. I remember the DP and MD having PBG caps, so I figure they are buying their DP, MD and Sierra Mist then off PBG, and their third-tier products probably out of RC Winchester.