PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Land Big Brand Meca

Mr Zabe
07-03-2005, 11:23 AM
As I have said before, the local stores that I shopped at (Mount Prospect,Arlington Hts and North Brook Ill) have what seems the finest service offered.

The big sales for the major brands (Coke,Pepsi,Dr Pepper) hit on Thursday. I know that if I wait till Sunday or Monday, the very freshest product will be loaded on to the displays and shelves.

This morning,long story, I needed a case of 7up.
I picked up a case of fresh 7up that was born on
7/1/05. I find it amazing that it only took 2 days to get this case of soda pop delivered to the store.

I see more and more of this "in time" management of the big soda pop companies. I as a consumer am very pleased with this kind of service.

It's just very well be me, but this case of 7up sure does taste great. Oh, that's right, I'm a soda pop freak. LOL

Do any of you have these experiences with very young born dates?

Look In The Tunk
07-03-2005, 06:41 PM
I dunno, but I bought some Pibb Xtra a couple of weeks ago that doesn't even expire until January. I thought that was pretty new considering I live out in the boonies.

Like you have to look at every date when you buy diet stuff, b/c its ALWAYS expired out here.

TaB
07-03-2005, 07:20 PM
I got a 12-pack of Zero and a 12 of TaB that had been born the day before I got it. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
07-03-2005, 07:34 PM
In a way that only us soda pop freaks could relate too, it does feel pretty darn cool to get super fresh soda pop. It the simple pleasures that keep our tumblers filled with our tasty liquid delights. smile.gif

[ 07-03-2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

sodasommelier
07-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah now just try it in glass; even a year old is better than 'fresh' cans in my opinion!! And Chicago used to have EVERYTHING... totally! But now just cans... :(

USF SPAMMER 1
07-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Considering all the chemicals this stuff is made out of, an expiration date is essentially irrelevant.