PDA

View Full Version : Double Fridgepack

sundrop
08-28-2003, 03:16 PM
CCBCC will start producing another new package soon called the Double Fridgepack. We were told about it this week. It will be a 24pk can suitcase style that will pull apart and become 2 Fridgepacks. CCBCC has been working on this since Feb. They will be produced by SPC(Snyder Production Center) in Charlotte. I think they will be test marketed by the central division, just like the PET Fridgepack. Three flavors Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite. We have only seen pictures of these Double Fridgepacks so far, it is difficult to see how they are held together.

SamC
08-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a good idea. But in my CCBCC area, the current 24 can (suitcase) pack is always priced HIGHER than 2 of the 12-can firdgepacks. If they continue that pricing policy, then its bound to fail.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-29-2003, 06:09 PM
with all the new whatever that they've been releasing in the last couple years, could they just slowdown for a bit and relax. everyone, relax.

whew.

fusion
08-29-2003, 07:41 PM
I was all over the place in CCBCC's territory in Virginia, and I didn't see any 12pk PET.. I was disappointed, but I figured that they were just test marketing them in NC. I did see the 13.2oz Coke/Diet/Sprite/Mello, though.

sundrop
08-29-2003, 08:59 PM
I would of thought CCBCC would have 12pk PET in all of their territories by now. When we launched them we did total beverage section resets in all of our grocery stores. Just like CCE is doing now with the FP 12pk can. CCBCC has done very little promoting the 12pk PET. I believe just about every grocery chain is selling them for $3.99. It will be interesting to see how much of a push CCBCC is going to put on the new double Fridgepack with the 12pk PET still being a new package.

fusion
09-07-2003, 10:54 PM
I'm trying to figure out how this topic floated to the top, since there are plenty of others with newer posts.

But anyway... Has anyone seen any of these PET fridgepacks anywhere else? WV CCBCC territory?

I was pretty impressed with the pre-faced .5L 6pks when I was in their VA territory. Makes the shelf look a lot neater.

SURGE
09-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Double fridgepacks? I would like to see a photo for sure!

sundrop
09-11-2003, 02:26 PM
We were told more about the Double Fridgepack today. They hit the market Sept. 15. Double Fridgepacks are glued together when they are produced. Each one has instructions on how to pull them apart. From my understanding each one will have some kind of coupon with it, I guess to tempt you to buy a Double Fp instead of 2 regular 12pks. Its a neat looking package.

We were also told that Consolidated has more package innovation and new flavor introductions planned for this fall.

Terry K
09-11-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by sundrop:
We were told more about the Double Fridgepack today. They hit the market Sept. 15. Double Fridgepacks are glued together when they are produced. Each one has instructions on how to pull them apart. From my understanding each one will have some kind of coupon with it, I guess to tempt you to buy a Double Fp instead of 2 regular 12pks. Its a neat looking package.

We were also told that Consolidated has more package innovation and new flavor introductions planned for this fall.Darn...consolidated can't stop! I can almost see the double FP being the solution to CCE's tacky taping solution.

Consolidated rocks!

sundrop
09-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Well the Double Fridge pack launched today. I am really surprised on how they seem to hold together. I reset shelves and built displays today and had only one Double FP fall apart. Each one has a 55 cent coupon packaged in between the two 12 pks.
Our shelves look totally different from pepsi and our independent Cheerwine bottler. We now have 2ltrs, 3ltrs, 16.9ltr 6pks, 8oz glass 6pks, 12pk cans, 12oz PET FP and double fridge packs in the beverage section of most grocery stores.
On another note I heard the 12oz Pet FP and the double FP being promoted on the radio today.

SamC
09-30-2003, 09:33 PM
The double fridge pack hit my CCBCC area today. Priced just like the old suitcase pack it replaced. Which is to say HIGHER than 2 12-packs by about $1.30.

The promo box provides $5-off coupons to the WVU - VPI game (both Coke stadiums). Considering they have about 30K empty seats to sell, thats NBD.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-06-2003, 05:46 PM
any pictures or first run results?

sundrop
10-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Sam, how much do regular 12pks sell for in your area? In NC 12pks are priced at 4.29 to 4.69 when they are off sell. So far double fridgepacks have been priced at 6.19 to 6.39 in most grocery stores which makes them the better buy. In our CCBCC area double fridgepacks are doing well so far. I find myself having to order them for my stores all the time. We have learned that they sell better when they displayed separate from the normal 12pk FPs. Otherwise people think that they are just 6 dollar 12pks since they look like 2 12pks stacked on top of each other.

SamC
10-09-2003, 08:31 PM
I never buy soda when its not on sale. And, here, Coke is on sale 26 weeks per year, and Pepsi 26 weeks per year. Coke's "sale" price is generally $2.50 or sometimes $2.25 per 12 pack. Occasionally 3 for $8 or buy two get one free at the regular price, both of which work out to $2.66 per pack.

You are correct on the regular prices. But with a sale every other week, who pays it?

sundrop
10-09-2003, 09:14 PM
I agree I buy 12pks when they are on sale most of the time. The double fridgepack is not for everyone but if you do the math at 6.19 that is only 26 cents a can or 3.10 for a 12pk which is not to bad of a deal.

XLS_03
10-21-2003, 10:26 PM
any pics available for these double fridgepacks yet? I'm not suprised it's only in those 3 flavors.

Dave
05-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Can anyone direct me to a photo of a double Fridge Pack?

Thanks,

Dave
Display Industries

Energydude
05-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Who knows one day even a assorted triple pack!

fusion
05-22-2004, 07:35 PM
I've got one from my recent trip to NC, I'll post it when I get a chance. I also saw Dr Pepper in double FP in my travels.

The handle is actually on the top of the box, as opposed to a standard fridgepack, which has the handle on the side (well, the side becomes the top when you put it in your fridge and remove the bucket).

The cans are vertical, 2 high, 6 long, 2 deep. I can't see them building any massive displays out of them, they would be unstable, I think.

Mostly I saw them on the rack endcaps you see in stores. I did see a semi-display of them next to the soda shelves in a Super Wally, though.

I'm not sure of how they are held together, I haven't pulled them apart.

Price was $6.19, as opposed to regular fridgepacks, which were $2.99 in the same store (Food Lion).

drpep
05-23-2004, 06:44 PM
You must have been in a different part of NC than I was. I did not seen the Dr Pepper dbl fridge in Charlotte.

fusion
05-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Wasn't Charlotte. Definately further east. Maybe Laurinburg? definately south-east of Charlotte.

drpep
05-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Finally saw some in either Sanford or Lillington.

fusion
06-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Ok, here are the long-promised pictures of the double fridge pack.

http://members.aol.com/dialasong/df1.jpg

http://members.aol.com/dialasong/df2.jpg

http://members.aol.com/dialasong/df3.jpg

http://members.aol.com/dialasong/df4.jpg

fusion
02-07-2007, 05:00 AM
For old time's sake, and for our newer members, I figured i'd bump this thread to the top.

I guess this package never caught on, because I never saw it again after 2004.

Although it is funny - because our 12 packs come glued together (to fool the palletizer into thinking it's a 24 pack slab) - but the glue is much weaker, and actually weakens over time.

golee1
02-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I was pretty impressed with the pre-faced .5L 6pks when I was in their VA territory. Makes the shelf look a lot neater. There's still made pre-faced. Thankfully we still get out .5 liters from Roanoke most of the time. The shelf looks noticeably different when we're getting .5 liters from Richmond.

Mr Zabe
02-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I posted this last weekend but I had to say it again. The new Coca Cola fridge packs and for that matter all the updated packaging looks very cool. Coca Cola's products on the shelf look very appealing. I must give them credit for a nice presentation. smile.gif

wonkapete
02-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I see this post is from 2003. I assume the double fridge packs are no longer produced? Anyone have any they want to sell?