PDA

View Full Version : SKI - What do you guys think of it?

Robot
09-03-2003, 12:41 AM
had some Ski not too long ago, really enjoyed it.. apparently its made in some small town in IL, where else is it made? anyone know where I could get some outside of driving to this small town?

-jim

XLS_03
09-03-2003, 01:41 AM
its a local drink

Shatter
09-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Isn't Ski's bottler, Double Cola, headquartered in Tennessee? Their company has condensed since I was a kid. I remember buying a Double Cola in some small Texas town when I was young. I e-mailed them last year to ask if they have any bottlers in my state, and they replied that they don't distribute west of the Mississippi River anymore.

Willbev
09-03-2003, 10:03 AM
It's big in KY I hear.

Shatter
09-04-2003, 03:48 AM
I ordered some Double Cola from their web site, but it cost a fortune. It was something like $24-$25 to buy two 12-packs and have them shipped here. But they don't give you the option to mix 12-pack flavors in the case. They sell one case only. If they'd let me do one 12-pack of regular Ski and a 12-pack of Cherry Ski, i'd order again.

And I have to say that I was disappointed with Double Cola. Coke gets an odd flavor when it goes flat, and Double Cola had that flavor really strong. Just wasn't my kind of soda.

DietCokeEnthusiast
09-04-2003, 04:35 PM
I have tried it. It is pretty good.

turtleboy
09-04-2003, 11:54 PM
I recently found my first Ski at a Dollar Tree store. I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5.

Shatter
09-06-2003, 01:33 AM
I need to check out a few Dollar Tree stores now. I'd really like to try it, after seeing that Food Network show about the company.

It wouldn't be the first time i've checked out Dollar Tree stores for drinks. The first time I visited one of their stores I picked up a bottle of peach ice tea. I started going back and buying up more and more, until the local stores sold out. I've never found that stuff again, which is a shame. It was some of the best ice tea i've ever had.

Cheer-wined
11-22-2003, 10:31 AM
late post, but anyway...
the Double Cola/Ski bottler near Bowling Green has a web site:
http://www.doublecolaski.com/
your can order from the site, maybe they would let you mix a case