PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buying up Pepsi Blue while they still can?

Robot
09-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Pepsi Blue is near impossible to find in my part of the woods (Chicago suburbs) as well as Central IL. Found some 20 oz bottles that expired Sept 8, 2003, and those have been the newest I could find (Actually found a bottle that expired in January of this year!)

I aint a huge fan of Pepsi Blue, dont much like it at all, but my soda tastes change regularly and oddly, so I dont want to not be able to get any in the future.

So I have like 6 20 oz bottles and a 2 litre bottle. I cant find any cans, just random 20 oz bottles and this is the only 2 litre bottle I've seen in dozens of stores.

Anyways, just curious if anyone is going to miss Pepsi Blue once its gone, or if anyone is buying some up while they still can.

I definately plan to keep at least 1 20 Oz bottle for display purposes.. it will be a cool rare soda to have in the future, as it bombed harder than anything i can even imagine so i doubt theres much of it out there, and i also really like the color/look of it!!

Shatter
09-10-2003, 12:37 AM
I've gone around and bought nearly a dozen 12-packs and a couple of 2-liter bottles. Most of the 12-packs were bought in a hispanic grocery store, where they just didn't sell and went out of date. I have found some fresher ones since then (always in hispanic grocery stores) and a few 20 oz. bottles here and there. I find the bottles taste better than the cans.

There's one c-store that I came across recently with 2-liters and 12-packs in stock. Unfortunately, I didn't have any money on me to get them. It'll still be there next time I go, though. Their store's shelves are filled with bottles broken out of 6-packs bought from grocery stores, so they must not have a Pepsi distributor. Plus they also had a lot of Albertsons brand sodas there too. It's not too hard to figure out where they buy their 6-pack 24 oz. Pepsi and 16.9 oz. Coke shelf stock from. The Pepsi Blue will sit there until I pick it up. (It's in another hispanic store).

Boris
09-10-2003, 06:20 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/318197/IM000959.JPG
Look at the bottom left shelf. Notice something? Orbitz....Every flavour they made is there. Down in my wine cellar I have lots of Surge,Pepsi Blue, Mountain dew livewire, and MY melon....I am well prepared....

[ 09-10-2003, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: Boris ]

drpep
09-10-2003, 09:20 PM
I wish I had picked up a few cans of Blue and Mr Green to preserve some history.

mjb1124
09-10-2003, 09:32 PM
I'm going to have to get me some before it disappears...if it hasn't already...

Boris
09-11-2003, 06:16 AM
Mr. Green is gone? No way...

5Hole
09-11-2003, 05:17 PM
I was told that Mr.Green is dead today....
It is no longer availible in any package. Same with Pepsi Blue.
I wonder why Pepsi doesn't hesitate to pull the plug on these 2 SKUs but still holds onto Pepsi One. In my experience the sales are very similar.

teamtitan512
09-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Pepsi Blue and Mr. green are just the first of Pepsi's rotten products to die a death soon after their release.

Be prepared for similar posts like this every couple weeks or so.

Tim Kelly
09-11-2003, 08:02 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again: If you want Pepsi Blue, come to Long Island! I just came back from the local King Kullen, and they had ten 2-liter bottles and three 12-packs!

No Soda
10-07-2003, 09:27 PM
Just picked up a 20 oz of Pepsi Blue at a Mobil station on the Hutchinson River Parkway in Westchester County, NY. From the Pepsi Cola Bottling Company of New York. I was surprised to find a few bottles in the case, but noted the ex date was October 20. It's a neat display item, but a product that belongs in the sewer of failed sodas along with Surge, OK Soda, and Crystal Pepsi.

No Soda
10-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Just picked up a 20 oz of Pepsi Blue at a Mobil station on the Hutchinson River Parkway in Westchester County, NY. From the Pepsi Cola Bottling Company of New York. I was surprised to find a few bottles in the case, but noted the ex date was October 20. It's a neat display item, but a product that belongs in the sewer of failed sodas along with Surge, OK Soda, and Crystal Pepsi.

teamtitan512
10-07-2003, 10:08 PM
If you want Pepsi Blue, go to the PBG territory in RC Winchester areas. They're still pushing it hard, and you can find it in 20 oz., 12 packs, and 2 liters. That's what happens when they have no products to salvage, they just keep trying to save the old ones (Remember...PBG there doesn't even have Mountain Dew)

DJ Brian
10-07-2003, 10:10 PM
price chopper in plattsburgh had like 10 12 packs a month ago, i need to run up there tomorrow night and see if they have any left smile.gif its 2 hours from here, 20 miles from the canadian border