PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from New England?

drpep
09-10-2003, 09:28 PM
I don't recall seeing anyone from the New England states here.

Boris
09-11-2003, 06:14 AM
I travel from Virginia to Quebec very often...You live near Boston, MA where they have AJ Stephans?

T.I.A.
09-11-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm a permanent resident of Virginia but I just moved to Providence, RI.

Goldmember
09-12-2003, 12:45 AM
I reside in New Eng. Not a big Howard Dean fan though.. Know alot about the business in this region.

Go Pats and Sox!!!!

XLS_03
09-12-2003, 07:45 AM
I live in Cranston, Rhode Island. That's in New England too.

drpep
09-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by XLS_03:
I live in Cranston, Rhode Island.Oh ya I do recall now seeing Cranston, RI on this board. I was thinking of taking a trip to southern Vermont and New Hampshire and northern Mass sticking mostly to about 1-2 hours from Albany, NY and was wondering what the beverage selection was like.

Terry K
09-13-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by dr pepperman:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by XLS_03:
I live in Cranston, Rhode Island.Oh ya I do recall now seeing Cranston, RI on this board. I was thinking of taking a trip to southern Vermont and New Hampshire and northern Mass sticking mostly to about 1-2 hours from Albany, NY and was wondering what the beverage selection was like.</font>[/QUOTE]Brian, the other half of the salute, lives in the capital region of NY. He's got some rather interesting insight into what's sold there.

Now to get him to post :D

No Soda
10-07-2003, 09:47 PM
I live in West Haven,Connecticut, and have fond memories of traveling to my grandmother's house in Madison in the early 80's and walking to the the local Finast to buy Coke and Pepsi in refillables. Coke, Pepsi and 7-up all began to offer refillables in 1980 with the passage of the bottle bill. Today, the state is basically another undistinguished territory in the CCE/PBG wasteland (CCNNE serves the eastern part of the state.) One oasis in the sea of sameness is Foxon Park Beverages in East Haven. Their sodas are made w/sugar, and available in several flavors ( I strongly recommend the orange!). They come in 12 and 28 -oz glass bottles, and you can find their products in pizzerias throughout New Haven County. You can even come to their plant to pick up a case and catch a glimpse of the bottling line in the next room! Definately worth checking out if you're in the area. They have a website at www.foxonpark.com, (http://www.foxonpark.com,) and they do sell online.

No Soda
10-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Sorry for the comma in the link...

www.foxonpark.com (http://www.foxonpark.com)

BevNET
10-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by dr pepperman:
Oh ya I do recall now seeing Cranston, RI on this board. I was thinking of taking a trip to southern Vermont and New Hampshire and northern Mass sticking mostly to about 1-2 hours from Albany, NY and was wondering what the beverage selection was like.Seeing as BevNET is based on the Boston area, I can help you on that...NE isn't exactly the hotbed of beverages, but there are definitely some regional products worth checking out.

First of all, the staple beverage is Nantucket Nectars....Beyond that...well here's a list:

- AJ Stephens
- Boylans
- Journey
- Kristall
- Tommy's Naked
- Vermont Sweet water (lots of good maple sodas...)
- Virgils (used to be from NE)
- Wild Fruitz

Hmm...lots of guys doing private label root beers up here as well. You'll also find some places that still carry Moxie in cans -- real nasty stuff.

[ 10-08-2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: BevNET ]

XLS_03
10-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Yea we have Moxie in cans and 1 liters here. Diet Moxie too, not something I like but I have seen people drink it.

Some of those beverages listed that are in Boston we have too.

[ 10-08-2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: XLS_03 ]

Boris
10-08-2003, 10:56 PM
AJ is the man, You are so bloody lucky to be able to go to the local store and get some. I am not driving down to virginia for another 2 months, I have already run out of AJ...

[ 10-08-2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Boris ]

DJ Brian
10-09-2003, 01:28 AM
how much do you need? sodafinder can help smile.gif