PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

TaB
07-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Regarding the recent devolution of this discussion forum due to the incessant pestering of some immature individuals, I have decided that BevNet should possibly consider making some of the active forum members moderators, as to prevent this activity from happening again. Furthermore, if such an action were to take place, the formation of an archive section where old topics would be relegated to would alleviate such a problem as occured before.

(Oh, and if I had to pick three, it'd be - Mr. Zabe, TheConnieVandelayShow, and SEV. ALthough I could think of at least 15 deserving members.)

drpep
07-07-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm all for archiving old posts. I went through the board after this current troll attack and deleted any old topics that I started that have no relevance to current soda events.

Mr Zabe
07-07-2005, 10:12 PM
That's a good idea.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-08-2005, 02:19 AM
i wouldn't pick such new members, but you drink a lot of TAB and are probably an overgrown lab rat.

the idea has merit, but there's some people on this board that've put a lot more energy into it.

post this same idea in the bevnet suggestions and feedback area, as "Bevnet" doesn't log on daily, so it seems

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-08-2005, 08:19 AM
It'd be great if we had some sort of client or script here that would lock topics after 30 days or so.

People would still be able to read the old discussions, but not be able to disingenuously revive them.

Mr Zabe
07-08-2005, 10:00 AM
SEV
That's a great idea.
I would be in favor of seeing same topic threads deleted with a redirect of the messages to one thread. I have seen this done on other message boards. Maybe this redirect could be done on a weekly basis.

It's sort of a pain to read threads on the same topic.

TaB
07-08-2005, 10:36 AM
They're new?

I hadn't even looked at their sign up dates. Considering the volume of quality posts these individuals have made, as well as their maturity, I thought that they'd be fine picks.

Anyways, it's not up to me. I was just putting up a thought. Later, I think I'll re-post it in the other forum.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
SEV
That's a great idea.
I would be in favor of seeing same topic threads deleted with a redirect of the messages to one thread. I have seen this done on other message boards. Maybe this redirect could be done on a weekly basis.

It's sort of a pain to read threads on the same topic. You mean 20 threads on Coke Zero?
It would be real cool if moderators had control to merge topics such as the twenty or so on Boylan's Cane Sugar Cola.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey, I only take credit(or blame) for creating one Coke Zero thread, and that was during its release to see where it was popping up.

ANYWAY, yes, I'm one of the new ones, and I'm flattered by TaB's suggestion.

Although my enthusiasm might rival that of the veterans of this board, I can't match their experience in knowing this community.

Mr Zabe
07-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm in the same boat. Heck I'm barely out of my newbie board diapers. LOL

I remain humble to be mentioned as I too am very new to this fine board. I am open to this suggestion if the powers to be ask me.

Either way I really enjoy the board mates and the over all respectful atmosphere of this board. Believe me compared to most message boards, this one is very healthy and friendly.

[ 07-08-2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

riot
07-08-2005, 12:36 PM
i nominate MYSELF as KING OF THE FORUM!

thank u... thank u. (bows)

itS JUSt SOdA dUdE
07-08-2005, 12:41 PM
I SECOND THAT NOMINATION!

LET IT BE DONE!

(gavel slams)

(crowd cheers)

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Wow, there are no similarities between those two posts at all...

mjb1124
07-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I also think it's about time we got some new moderators. And I second the nomination for Anita (TheConnieVandelayShow).

riot
07-08-2005, 02:32 PM
as my first order of business as "king of bevnet"... i will be changing the name to "zeronet"... and there will be a whole section devoted to coke zero. LOL

Mr Zabe
07-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Riot,
(Said with humor and in a joking way.)

Are you off your medication? I say you seem to be quite the king's jester these past veiw days.LMAO

It appears that Coca Cola has hired you as the poster child for Coke Zero. LOL

[ 07-08-2005, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

mjb1124
07-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Just as long as it's not TaBNet (winks at Anita)...

[ 07-08-2005, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: mikibacsi1124 ]

riot
07-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Riot,
(Said with humor and in a joking way.)

Are you off your medication? I say you seem to be quite the king's jester these past veiw days.LMAO

It appears that Coca Cola has hired you as the poster child for Coke Zero. LOL thanks for referring to me as "king." ;)

Hacksaw
07-09-2005, 06:28 AM
Yes, I think it's high time to add Moderators, and let them have the ability to edit AND ban some of the abusers.

ri0t zer0
07-09-2005, 08:10 AM
i couldn't agree more. it's really gettin out of hand. smile.gif

Robot
07-09-2005, 11:15 AM
i be up to being one of the mods!

Mr Zabe
07-09-2005, 11:23 AM
JO,
I think you would be a good moderator. smile.gif

TaB
07-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Jimmy would be a very good moderator as well.

Many of the regular members would be great mods - I think it'd be too hard to pick a small group, if BevNet does implement some of these ideas.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
This is freaking ridiculous.

I would even be happy if the BevNET login logged on more often to ban abusive users and lock topics.

Riot, you used to be an active and interesting memeber on this board. But now you've disrupted it purposefully, and you know you have. Why?

[ 07-09-2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: SnappleElementsVenom ]

TaB
07-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah.

I just think they have more to worry about than some young child posting incessantly.

Mr Zabe
07-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Board bullies seek attention. Unfortunately, the more we post about him/her, the more they "get off" on it. It's sort of like a dog trying catch it's tail or a vicious circle.

At this point this bully needs to have all his board log ons banned. This bully does not listen to reason.

[ 07-09-2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Beverage Slinger
07-09-2005, 07:32 PM
this is just great "The BevNet Patriot Act." just great, sad.

mjb1124
07-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Board bullies seek attention. Unfortunately, the more we post about him/her, the more they "get off" on it. It's sort of like a dog trying catch it's tail or a vicious circle.Yes. In other words...DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

assclown
07-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Per my apology post earlier this week, I can promise you there will be no further trolling from past and present members of my old fraternity.

I'm sorry I in the past and they in the present have made such a mess of things I hope things return to normal here.

BTW- This Riot person is not affiliated with me in any way.

TaB
07-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Beverage Slinger:
this is just great "The BevNet Patriot Act." just great, sad. You must have a weak idea of the PATRIOT Act.

This is akin to having police to stop grafitti. It's not an invasion of privacy and civil rights.

BottleBoss
07-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm all for getting rid of the troll that keeps screwing the board up. Whats the deal with that looser? What kind of person has that much time on there hands with nothing else better to do? Get them out of here. Get them a life, or a job, a girlfriend, something.

Robot
07-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I send a PM to bevnet regarding moderators and said i'd be glad to be one, so we'll see if the admins would like that idea, since they dont seem to come around the board as much as the users do.

Beverage Slinger
07-10-2005, 02:08 AM
Not weak,disgust, but thats my political view,I come here to catch up on trends and pass some of my personal experience,also I like listening to opinions with no censorship,if you dont like what I might be passing on,I'm OK with that,I know only what was done,and what it took to get it done,and all the great people who were involved,I'm not here to push any product and I call it the way I see it,and I know when something's a dog or has potential,Tab,if you want to understand this business,get a job in it,because you can't learn it in a book or do scientific research, by the way if it tastes like $h#t don't take a second slug and take it back for credit,that's just some helpful consumer advice.

imawalkingcorpse
07-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I am actually all for a few Mod's. I don't have anyone in mind, but with the invasion of the Coke Zero there do seem to be a few things that need to be changed. I have already spotted one longtime member who has posted in this thread who should not be a Mod though....

TaB
07-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Beverage Slinger:
Not weak,disgust, but thats my political view,I come here to catch up on trends and pass some of my personal experience,also I like listening to opinions with no censorship,if you dont like what I might be passing on,I'm OK with that,I know only what was done,and what it took to get it done,and all the great people who were involved,I'm not here to push any product and I call it the way I see it,and I know when something's a dog or has potential,Tab,if you want to understand this business,get a job in it,because you can't learn it in a book or do scientific research, by the way if it tastes like $h#t don't take a second slug and take it back for credit,that's just some helpful consumer advice. Politically, I am totally against the PATRIOT Act.

I did not mean to attack you personally, rather, I just believe that without self restraint by certain members, some action needs to be taken so that pertenant discussions may still occur.

BevNET
07-10-2005, 11:15 AM
OK, points taken (and "riot" users banned). We'll open a new post after we give it some thought.