PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend me their fave diet sodas?

Robot
05-20-2004, 01:21 AM
I am really only drinking diet sodas these days.. I might allow myself a regular soda (or maybe one of those coke c2's when they come out in june), but 99% of the time, diet only..

so far my faves for diet are:

-diet vanilla coke
-diet dr. pepper
-diet canfield's chocolate fudge
-diet green river
-diet wild cherry pepsi
-diet squirt
-fresca
-diet sierra mist

i also enjoy the diet faygo dessert line so far, hvaing only tried key lime pie and coconut creme pie.. i havent tried the rasberry creme yet.

anyone have any fave diet sodas that taste like they arent diet?

my taste pallet is so used to the diet now, that i actually can enjoy most diet sodas.. but some just come across as too bad/weird for me still. diet mtdew/code red i actually really like now as I havent had regular mtdew in ages.

how are:

diet stewarts brands
diet IBC
diet goose island root beer
etc

please recommend some good ones i should go pickup for my stock

Robot
05-20-2004, 01:25 AM
oh man, how could i leave out Diet RC, thats like my favorite diet soda of them all.. i go through that stuff like its going out of style.

i just noticed that stewarts has a diet orange n cream, diet cream soda and also a diet cola.. i havent seen these diet sodas around, and never have seen their cola.. anyone know of where to get these?

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-21-2004, 08:24 PM
diet orange and cream is fantastic. it's slotted in meijer's stores.

diet raspberry creme faygo is my new favorite.

fizzbizz
05-21-2004, 09:18 PM
diet dr pepper is hall of fame
try diet sunkist....the best diet orange ever
diet squirt is refreshing

USF SPAMMER 1
05-21-2004, 10:41 PM
I hope you enjoy the formaldehyde and methanol collecting in your body...

Energydude
05-21-2004, 11:01 PM
I am sending you Think Pink !!!! You will love it!! No Sugar No Carbs No Calories!!!!
Just great taste!!!

Robot
05-22-2004, 03:03 AM
chemicals clog up in your body from drinking diet soda??

i have heard of aspartame being bad for you possibly, but never of these other side effects you list.. any truth to that from you other peeps on this board?

also, energy dude, do you have my address? i'd love to try that think pink, and if its good as you say, i'll order a case.

Robot
05-22-2004, 03:04 AM
i tried some diet faygo rasberry cream tonight, it tasted alright..

i actually kinda like the diet coconut creme pie and diet key lime pie.. but none of the 3 seem like somethingi could drink regularly...

diet dr. pepper is amazing for a diet soda.. i wish they had diet red fusion, their talent at making a diet soda is so good.

shell
05-23-2004, 04:37 PM
MY FAV DIETS IS DIET VANILLA COKE AND DIET VANILLA PEPSI. I ALSO AM A BIG FAN OF DIET DR PEPPER. I WANT TO TRY DIET CHERRY COKE HAVE YOU EVER TRIED IT? I AM STILL WILLING TO SEND YOU DIET BIG RED ISF YOU WANT ME TO. THANKS ,SHELL

MISTICman
05-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Diet Hansen's Black Cherry and Diet Big Red are the ONLY 2 diet drinks I can handle, too bad for me, I have to travel far and wide to get them.

Robot
05-25-2004, 09:21 PM
mistic man, do you know the areas diet big red is available?

Android
05-26-2004, 05:29 AM
I drink a lot of diet Dr Pepper, Diet Cherry Coke, Diet 7-up and Diet Sprite, and Diet Pepsi. I find I prefer Diet Cherry Coke over Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi.

I wish I could say I like Diet RC, but its not sold around here and the two times I've found it on my travels I either got bad batches or I just don't like the stuff. Too bad too, as normal RC is the only sugar Cola I care for any more!

andy

MISTICman
05-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Jimmy...
Danville, VA is the only region I've seen Diet Big Red. The Caff. Free of BOTH original and the diet have been seen there.

chrisok
05-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Diet Big Red is also available in TX and in Southern OK as well.

shell
05-27-2004, 09:30 PM
IT IS ALSO AVAILIABLE IN INDIANA.(DIET BIG RED)THAT IS. SHELL

Robot
05-28-2004, 01:48 PM
hey shell, where in indiana do you see it? would i be able to find it in gary, IN or anywhere else near chicago?

Ron
05-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Diet Coke with Lime is my favorite. With lemon is also good.
Diet Hansen's are good: Black Cherry, Kiwi-Strawberry, Tangerine-Lime, Peach. Don't like their Diet Ginger Ale.

Robot
05-29-2004, 08:01 PM
just got some diet sundrop at a woodmans in Rockford.. its pretty good, but I prefer diet mountain dew...

diet IBC and diet Goose Island root beers are both tasty, but I prefer the goose island..

diet Stewarts Orange N Cream is amazing.

still looking to try diet berghoff's rootbeer as well as diet sprecher root beer.

teamtitan512
05-30-2004, 02:12 AM
Saccharin came, and they determined it was a carcinogen. Then came aspartame, and now there's dangers being associated w/it.

I see a pattern developing that any artificial sweetener substitute they develop ends up having something unhealthy about. I'd rather drink a better-tasting 150 calorie regular drink than calorie-free "Cancer in a Bottle".