PDA

View Full Version : Cadbury Shweeps / New Formula 7up

Mr Zabe
06-14-2006, 07:29 AM
About two weeks ago I spoke with C.S. to voice my displeasure of loosing the old formula 7up. :(

This morning while checking my mail, I found a nice letter and a coupon for a free 12pk of the new 7up ($4.95 value). That was a nice gesture but I would have been better served if they asked me what other C.S. soda pop I enjoy. LOL I would have been grateful for a free DrP 12 pk.LOL

Has anyone ever used a manufactures coupon for other than the stated brand on the coupon? I have not tried to do this before. Rob do you have any experience at Woodman's?

[ 06-14-2006, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

JACK
06-14-2006, 10:00 AM
You can only use it for the brand the coupon has on it. Call them again.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
i would think it would only work for what it says, but who knows... if i were to try anything like that, i would proabaly try at the self checkout or something, but it proabaly wouldnt go through...

PepsiBlue
06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
You could probably use it on Diet 7up, Cherry 7up, Diet Cherry 7up, or any 7up plus

Mr Zabe
06-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback. If I can find a semi fresh 12pk on the shelf of the old formula, I will try and slip it past the check out. LOL

popologist
06-14-2006, 01:02 PM
they might call security on you. LOL. ;)

DrPepperYummy
06-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Just grab the free stuff... ring it up... then walk up to the service counter and say you meant to grab the drpepper which is the same price and would it be okay to go grab one and leave this with them...

or you could just flat out ask the service counter lady what you'd like to do... buy the 7up then swap it just to get the savings... I'm sure lots of stores will let you if you catch the right person who hasn't had customers yell at them all day yet. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
06-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks those are good idea's. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
06-14-2006, 07:27 PM
OK...I chickened out.LOL
I ran in the grocery store just to get a 12pk of DrP via the free coupon for the new 7up fridge pk.
The DrP fridge packs with the new design were on sale for $2.50. I just grabbed one a paid for it.LOL Unfortunately it was not the "Summer Blend". This was my first up close look at the new design. I am very impressed. I love DrP's new look. The design is very regal and royal like. Very cool. smile.gif

drpep
06-16-2006, 06:42 PM
If the cashier does not pay attention to the coupon, as most do not, and the store scans coupons instead of hand punching, it may have worked. If 7-UP and Dr Pepper's UPC numbers have the same five first digits it should pass. I've used Diet 7-UP coupons to buy regular.