PDA

View Full Version : Carbonated Water ???

Energydude
05-22-2004, 09:42 PM
The water market is crowded as well as the flavored water. Flavored water seems to be growing daily. Is carbonated better or worse for great taste. Do you prefer water, flavored water, or carbonated water?

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-24-2004, 01:01 AM
detroit city tap water. consistently rated some of the best in the country.

Startup Dude
05-24-2004, 02:29 PM
I like carbonated water a lot, i.e. Perrier & San Pellegrino. I'm not too keen on flavored water. As for flat water, I drink tap water, it's pretty good around here.

What are the top selling flavored water brands?

Energydude
05-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know anything about this Geyser Sport Water by American Water Star?

Lepke
05-24-2004, 08:23 PM
A friend of mine distributes American water star products. He is very pleased. That’s all I know about American water star.
I like Poland springs water. Up here in jersey Poland springs is king of the bottled waters. It’s really the only spring water that sells here. If a retailer does not carry Poland springs then he can sell other waters but if there is Poland springs in the cooler only Poland springs will sell and no other.
I do not like flavored waters as a rule. To me if it’s flavored then it’s not water it’s kool aid like sodas with no carbonation. On the other hand water with a little essence or a twist like le natures or 02go can be very refreshing.

I do like seltzer, I guess seltzer is in my blood but I hate egg creams and always have.

Edude if you have a problem with ROX I wish you would share it with me.
If there is some thing I need to know please fill me in.
Same goes for any of the other regulars if you know something I don’t know help me out.

Energydude
05-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Lepke you and I don't see eye to eye on many things but I can tell you this... I have strong opinions this is true but I don't want to spread rumors on this board.

I have said things like I heard.... and later thought you know ... I am not going to do that.

I will say this no one has ever had anything nice to say about ROX to me. You may want to contact the guy that listed his phone number in complaints and gripes and talk to him... his story was pretty sad.

Sum people on this board don't have nice things to say about SumPoosie but this much I can tell you walk in with one bottle and pass it around any bar around the world and the response is simply unreal.

Do you get the same response when you pass around a can of Rox?

Good Luck!!!

Ron Swedelson
05-24-2004, 11:57 PM
dont like carbonated water, but my wife and parents do..personaly it tastes like Alkaseltzer to me...the only flavored waters I like are the Propel water by Gatoraid...

Edude, even in a post that you started that had nothing to do with your drink, you still found a way to throw in your sales pitch...wow

Energydude
05-25-2004, 12:46 AM
Ummmmm.... Ron ..... even a monkey knows it is
GATORADE !!! G-A-T-O-R-A-D-E !!!! :rolleyes:

Ron Swedelson
05-25-2004, 09:08 PM
good for you, you had a post were you didnt try to sell sumthing. If your only responce is to attack my spelling, dude, try something new. On here I do not care that my spelling is not correct, it has not been for 4 years on the board, and probably never will be. But if it makes you feel better and makes you forget about your product not selling, then go for it.

Energydude
05-30-2004, 03:23 PM
I just wanted to point out to you Ron that is often difficult to decifer what you are talking about. I assume you passed High School, the fact that you are too lazy to make sure your message is communicated properly speaks more volume than your words you attempt to use............

Lepke
05-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Ron, most of us in here are not the best spellers. We all know what you mean spelled correctly or not.
Please do not sweat the spelling its really no big deal.

toby1
05-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Ron I agree, we all do, except for sum people. Its no big deal!

This board used to be about folks talking about beverages. Now it only seems that a few people SPAM the boards with their insults, sales pitches, slamming of other beverages and companys, mathmatics on pennys, talks of strippers hoping to break into a modeling career on the side of a bottle, etc. (you all get the idea).

Its getting really old. Yes I know what SUM peoples response will be "DONT LIKE IT WELL JUST LEAVE" OR "kitchen heat and whatever" or maybe an insult of sumsort with a comment on my age or his many homes, many jobs and/or his new car!

I say I have had it! This is crazy, its a really pessimistic atmosphere on this board, I dont even like coming here anymore, which is like many others! It used to be an educational experience then DUSTIN STEMMER aka edude started with his SPAM and it was a bit entertaining for a short while and now its just OLD!!

Sombody had mentioned another site ... and to no avail I have not found it. If anyone else out there knows of a message board that is like BEVNET "USE TO BE" please email me that site address.

So in conclusion, I will be popping in here from time to time to see if any optimism has been brought back, until then I am part time if not a visit every blue moon.

Energydude
05-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Toby you will be missed.......... :rolleyes:

If you look back on most of my post over the last 2 years you will see what I try to talk about IS beverages! I have brought several to the table and have talked about them openly. You call them sales pitches... well I call it informing and opening discussion on a multitude of subjects. Ex. BIB is a revolution that I see taking place over the next few years. I have witnessed how much easier and profitable it is for the bartender and owners. You Toby do not care to see or discuss the merits you just want to name call and defend a poor product... your choice!

Have I said things and shared my opinion on really bad products like RB ? Yes I have!
The reason I have stated many times the product is total garbage in my opinion and have stated many times why I think its garbage. The response is ...... Well its the market leader!!! SO WHAT!!! It still sucks!!! MY OPINION!!! Isn't that what you do on a board is share your opinion?

Toby the only thing that is getting old around here is you whining like a little girl about me!

My advice to you is get a life...quit complaining to everyone including BEVNET be a man step up or step back but please quit whining like a litte 3 year old.

Then again you are from Boston and even the YANKEES know all they do in Boston IS complain! ;)

Moral of the story...... You need SumPoosie! :D

teamtitan512
05-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Guys guys guys, shut the hell up. You're fighting about what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Stuff like this makes me wish for STS to come back online.

toby1
05-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Energydude:
Toby you will be missed.......... :rolleyes:

If you look back on most of my post over the last 2 years you will see what I try to talk about IS beverages!

you call it talk .... EVERYONE else calls it pushing!

I have brought several to the table and have talked about them openly. You call them sales pitches...

no everyone and MYSELF does Dustin

well I call it informing and opening discussion on a multitude of subjects. Ex. BIB is a revolution that I see taking place over the next few years. I have witnessed how much easier and profitable it is for the bartender and owners.

many companys have tried in the past ...... and the "BIG TWO" seem not to care to try .... so why now do YOU have the magic key?

You Toby do not care to see or discuss the merits you just want to name call and defend a poor product... your choice!

name call? arent you the one calling everyone "MORONS" dont you "name call" further down in this post? and isnt it you defending a "POORLY" distributed product? and as far as merits...Ive brought many to this board!

Have I said things and shared my opinion on really bad products like RB ? Yes I have!
The reason I have stated many times the product is total garbage in my opinion and have stated many times why I think its garbage. The response is ...... Well its the market leader!!! SO WHAT!!! It still sucks!!! MY OPINION!!! Isn't that what you do on a board is share your opinion?

yes it is Dustin .... but for heavens sake .....over 1000 times? I believe we ALL get the picture that you dont like RED BULL. or is it that you want people to drink your NON-DISTRIBUTED dusty drink?

Toby the only thing that is getting old around here is you whining like a little girl about me!

heres that name calling I was previously referring to. H-Y-P-O-C-R-E-T-E !!!

My advice to you is get a life...quit complaining to everyone including BEVNET be a man step up or step back but please quit whining like a litte

litte? and you wanna get on Ron about spelling? H-Y-P-O-C-R-E-T-E!!!

3 year old.

I have a life ... a really great one ...not an imaginary one like the one you like to talk about here on a BEVERAGE board! even if it is all true...why talk about it here on a BEVERAGE BOARD? THIS IS FOR BEVERAGES NOT A DAY IN THE LIFE OF DUSTIN.

Then again you are from Boston and even the YANKEES know all they do in Boston IS complain! ;)

YET AGAIN YOU OPEN MOUTH AND INSERT FOOT! I am not from Boston ... I just live here. and lets take a look at the "GRIPES AND COMPLAINTS" thread and see whos started half of them!!! Thats right ...YOU!!

Moral of the story...... You need SumPoosie! :D you say I need SP? ...... again ... I cant seem to locate this product anywhere! all of NE, and the SE! oh and you are one to talk about morals! SP? eat SP? lick SP? chew on SP? ...w/e Dustin

[ 05-31-2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: toby1 ]

drpep
05-31-2004, 09:54 PM
Its not just energydude and his spam that are driving people off the board, it is posters like you, toby1, who have to reply to every friggin post he makes. If you guys would ignore him the board would go back to sodas. At least keep the crap to the free for all or energy drink forums. Let us soda people have a section for useful posts. And yes Toby1 and energydude and others involved in the insults, you are the ones I meant when I posted in the "What happened to STS" post that I wanted to keep that forum a secret so the undesirables would not find it. Too bad it is offline now. If it wasn't I wouldn't tell any of you how to find it. It is you idiots who have taken this board to the gutter. Why don't you all just shut the **** up or go create you own discusion board. Morons.

fusion
05-31-2004, 10:24 PM
I think the whole thing has just evolved past stupidity. Threads go around and around, and petty insults fly from all corners. I bowed out of the whole thing a long time ago, and I don't miss it one bit.

Everyone can't be reached. What's the sense in beating a dead horse?

Let it go, already. Hopefully the board will return to some semblence of "normal."

Energydude
05-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Ummmmm.... Toby.... it's Hypocrite

H Y P O C R I T E !!! tongue.gif