PDA

View Full Version : Vacation to East Coast coming up

CStoreCatMan
06-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey guys...I'll be travelling to the east coast in mid-July We'll primarily be in Philadelphia and Long Island with some possible stops here and there in between. Since I'm from the West Coast (SoCal), I know there will be products out there that aren't available here. Anything stick out in your minds as something I MUST try?
Thanks!

Lepke
06-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Not really.
I can think of foods and ethnic communities, restaurants ECT. But no special beverages.

fusion
06-22-2006, 07:07 PM
I totally missed this thread!

Around Philadelphia:

Canada Dry flavors. Island lime is a unique soda..if you can find it.

Hank's and Frank's sodas (maybe not a MUST.. but a maybe).

Coke-bottled Dr Pepper (Philadelphia Coke produces the best Dr Pepper around these parts, imho).

Boylan's. I like the red birch beer, myself.

I don't remember anything unique in the NYC metro area. Maybe Grape and Rasberry Schweppes, if you've never tried them.

CStoreCatMan
06-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep my eyes open for some of those. I've never had a CD flavor (we only have the mixers here), Hanks, Franks or Boylans.

doug1885
06-23-2006, 02:01 PM
I'll vouch for the Hank's "Wishniak Black Cherry". It has a great peak-of-ripeness black cherry flavor -- the best black cherry soda I've ever had.

-Doug

NRGSLLR
06-23-2006, 05:25 PM
If you can find it you might want to try Moxie. If you like Ginger / Birch Beer you may like it.

CStoreCatMan
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I've never had a ginger or birch beer! Not common in these parts smile.gif

fusion
06-27-2006, 04:02 PM
You gotta have some birch beer. It's another Philly-area staple (along with black cherry wishniak).

SplitLevelP
06-27-2006, 10:25 PM
on jericho trpk there is two bev distributers between new hyde park and bellerose on long island by the queens border.there is alot of glass options like 10 oz deli bottles of pepsi and coke and 7up there is boylans flavors there penn dutch birch beer,crown flavors (26 oz glass bottles ) canada dry flavors and pepsi vanilla.just to name a few.

CStoreCatMan
06-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for all the replies! I'll be in Long Island too, so I'll keep an eye out for some of those glass bottles.