PDA

View Full Version : Bullseye red Blast

teamtitan512
05-23-2004, 03:34 PM
What is this stuff? I've been seeing it in fountains in all target stores now. Is it actually a Coke product? I'm too chicken to try it, but is it like a red-type soda, a strawberry soda, or a cherry soda? Anyone know anything about this?

shell
05-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
What is this stuff? I've been seeing it in fountains in all target stores now. Is it actually a Coke product? I'm too chicken to try it, but is it like a red-type soda, a strawberry soda, or a cherry soda? Anyone know anything about this? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT WHAT EXACTLY IS IT?? THANKS ,SHELL

teamtitan512
05-23-2004, 07:16 PM
That's an excellent question as to what it is, it's appeared in all the fountains of the area Targets w/other Coke products. That's the reason for this post, to find something out about it.

Shatter
05-24-2004, 02:59 AM
It sounds a little like an energy drink. I know there's a few convenience stores locally with energy drinks in their fountains.

You've got to try it out now. We've got to know what the stuff is!

OriginalCyn
06-13-2004, 12:59 AM
I have tried the Bullseye Red Blast. It's distinguishing feature seems to be a very cool "mouthfeel". Maybe there's a bit of menthol in it? It's vaguely sweet and fruity.

I don't know who manufactures it, but I suspect that it's a Target exclusive brand. --After all, a red bullseye IS Target's symbol. I suspect that Target asked Coca Cola, Pepsi, or some other manufacturer to formulate a soda pop blend just for their stores. Makes sense, no?

glassbottlesrule
06-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Tried this and have to say it's pretty good stuff. Has a nice dry taste and not toosweet. Too bad its only availble in fountain.

teamtitan512
06-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Remember, they might bottle it. They do have the promotional Summer sodas in the 12 packs of 8 oz. PET bottles, in flavors like Watermelon, Bubble Gum, and I think 2 others.

It might appear. Since Coke has the fountain contract, I assume they're making it, but who knows.

Shatter
06-15-2004, 10:59 PM
I was looking at some of Target's summer sodas in those 8 oz. bottles the other day. Tutti Frutti and Pineapple are okay choices, but Green Cream Soda? I understand cream soda being blue or red, but green? Did someone think that green was the one color that they hadn't used yet, so it would work well in cream soda? That's just odd. But, if I didn't already have loads and loads of sodas filling my pantry to overloading, i'd buy some just to try it out.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-16-2004, 12:58 AM
glassbottles rule, did you try this at a target? if so, which one?

Robot
06-16-2004, 02:23 AM
i am very interested in trying this soda..

is there a diet version available?

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-16-2004, 08:45 AM
hey jimmy, like i said in other posts...

you should try diet sunkist lemonade. i found it in iowa, it's known to be in wisconsin as well. fantastic diet soda, really good stuff.

Robot
06-16-2004, 02:49 PM
I have diet sunkist, have never seen diet sunkist lemonade in illinois, specifically chicago area where i live. ill look though.

Bash125
06-16-2004, 05:39 PM
It is probably just Barq's Red Cream soda.

glassbottlesrule
06-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Run, I tried it at the target in Woodhaven Michigan. It's not barq's redcreme. Not as sweet tasting and not a bigred style taste at all. It's light tasting, the closest I can compare to is a cherry 7 up that has a bolder taste. It's pretty good stuff.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-16-2004, 07:49 PM
aight, i'm in lansing right now. i'll have to investigate. i'm on the east side of detroit when i'm home from school

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-16-2004, 07:49 PM
jimmy, ask a 7Up salesman or call one. i bet they have it

NLE Dan
06-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Jimmy, It used to be around Chicago, but haven't seen it around here for a few years, but they do carry it in southern Wisconsin

OriginalCyn
06-18-2004, 11:53 AM
I e-mailed TRarget Corporate HQ, and it seems that even their customer service dept. knows little-to-nothing about Red Blast.

The gal who wrote back to me gave me a little info for Bullseye "Berry Blast" (?!), which is that it has 107 kcals/8oz (in other words, it's pure sugar), but it's a very low sodium drink.

She didn't send me an ingredients list, so I still am without a clue as to what they're using that causes the soda's unique icy-cool mouthfeel.

fusion
08-03-2004, 11:30 PM
This drink has been relabeled Super Hero Cherry at the target I was in last week. It's got a picture of some of the Marvel super heros on the button.

I think it tastes like an unfrozen, carbonated Icee.

Irishpepsi04
08-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
This drink has been relabeled Super Hero Cherry at the target I was in last week. It's got a picture of some of the Marvel super heros on the button.

I think it tastes like an unfrozen, carbonated Icee. Spotted Bullseye Red Blast! pop at the Target store in Lakewood, Washington State. About 10 miles south of downtown Tacoma. Tastes more like some kind of cherry soda that I probably am not familiar with. I'd have to try to taste Cheerwine to compare. Brian

drpep
08-04-2004, 08:47 PM
It was labled Super Hero Cherry in the Target I was in yesterday.

fusion
09-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Now it's gone, and replaced with an orange soda version. Bullseye something or another.. there's a picture of an orange slice on the button.

teamtitan512
09-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Bullseye Squeeze, it's called. I wonder if it's an orange, or an orange-pineapple type blend, something like Cactus Cooler. Something tells me it's just not a regular orange soda.

fusion
09-21-2004, 05:25 PM
It tasted like a regular orange soda to me. Not really generic-fake tasting, but definately not orange-pineapple, either.

glassbottlesrule
09-21-2004, 07:32 PM
I thought the Orange Squeeze was nasty. Nothing remarkable just another Orange Soda. Bullseye Red Blast was good stuff, Different than anything else out there.

mjb1124
09-23-2004, 12:35 AM
What I find really curious is how Target has Taco Bell/Pizza Hut Express joints in their stores yet they have Coke products. It would be really cool if they had Baja Blast at Target.