PDA

View Full Version : ale8 1

shell
05-24-2004, 01:48 AM
Hello has anyone ever heard of ale8 1? It is a soda and I cant find it any where but Kentucky. My kids really enjoyed this soft drink but i can not drive all the way to Kentucky for this . If there is any Indiana people here that know anyplace in Indiana I can get it let me know. If you would like to know more about the soda you can go to the website and read about it, it has a really interesting history. ale8one.com I think is the site it has been a yr. since I bought it but I just know have discovered this website to post and ask questions about bevs. thanks for any info,shell

Shatter
05-24-2004, 03:52 AM
It's a local kind of soda. There are a few places online where you can buy them, though. They tend to be expensive that way, due to their weight and shipping costs.

SamC
05-24-2004, 08:07 AM
www.ale81.com (http://www.ale81.com) . Good website. Prety much limited to the bluegrass area of KY, where it is quite popular. Although the distribution map shows that the company has recently signed with CCE for extended range distribution around the core area, including western KY, southern Indiana and southern Ohio.

They sell cans and bottles on their website, $7.75 for 12, plus shipping, which is just too much.

I do know that you can buy it, wrapped for boarding, at the Cincy airport, which is in Kentucky and a Delta hub.

Coco Rico
05-24-2004, 03:05 PM
They're based out of Winchester, KY which is about 30 minutes East of Lexington (beautiful country, well worth the drive) The amount of Ale8one consumed there is pretty freakish, most stores have at least 1 full door of Ale8one if not more. It's been a huge phenomenon with the University of KY students. However, I've had a hard time finding it myself outside of the general KY area. If you have any luck with on-line retailers, let me know. It's definitely a fun little drink, especially if you get it in the original glass bottle.

CR

fusion
05-24-2004, 07:02 PM
According to Ale-8-1's website, you should be able to find their sodas in Lawrence and Orange Counties in Indiana. It's distributed by CCE's Evansville sales center. 812-428-9800. Greg Taylor is their contact person, at extension 155.

I'm not from Indiana.. I am just working off of various web resources -- but it looks like Jay C supermarkets might be a good start. They're owned by Kroger. There's one in Mitchell and one in Bedford (among many others).

bigrich
05-24-2004, 07:19 PM
CCE Tri-States both in Louisville and Cincinnati carry Ale8-1. Jay C in Seymour, IN has it. It is all over in the Indiana suburbs of Louisville.

Cheer-wined
05-24-2004, 10:11 PM
I went on a tour of their plant in Winchester KY this past March. Interesting tour, but they only run it once a week (on Fridays @ 10:50.) You can see the returnable/non-returnable bottling lines in operation. PET and cans were produced by Cott/Cardinal Bevs. in Elizabethtown KY. In Indiana, I saw it in fridgepacks at the Kroger in Jeffersonville, from CCE.

shell
05-27-2004, 10:32 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO I CHECKED OUT SEYMOUR AND IT IS AVAILABLE THERE!! THANKS FOR THE HELP. SHELL