PDA

View Full Version : Big Deal....42oz and some grease.

Mr Zabe
07-11-2005, 11:17 PM
What's the big deal? :rolleyes:
Most fast foods chain resturants have self serve soda pop fountains. Gosh I must refill a 16oz small cup (I'm cheap and frugle) 4-5 times.
Some child advicate groups have nothing to do but complain. Chicago has this new promotion in their stores and adds on TV in the evening.

McDonald Summer Promotion (http://www.chicagosuntimes.com/output/business/cst-fin-super17.html)

[ 07-11-2005, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Dr. Galaga
07-12-2005, 08:44 AM
" The page you requested cannot be found. " :(

Mr Zabe
07-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Ooops.
Give me a few minutes and I will fix it.
Sorry:)

Mr Zabe
07-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Ok <said with egg Muffin smeared on my face LOL>

I read an article that was published in the Chicago Sun times around 6/10/05. The URL to this site was taken down late last night. I surfed the web and I can't find a replacement. All I can say is that the Chicago Sun times has a good relationship with McDonalds as McDonald has it's national head quarters here in Chicago. I will summarize what the article said.

Due to a vocal select few groups,Mc Donald has been phasing out it's super size meals and it's super sizes menu.

This summer in Chicago ( maybe in your area too?) MC Donalds has started a promotion yesterday 7/11/05 of offering the 42oz super sized drink cups.

The small vocal groups have been spouting off to the media for a good month now.

The end. LOL

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Parents need to realize that there are just as many calories in a 42oz drink as a Big Mac.

Personally, I'd take the drink. ;)

SEV

Mr Zabe
07-12-2005, 11:11 AM
LOL
Me too.
Give me an Ice cold Raspberry Ice Tea with the perfect amount of Ice and I will drive with my AC on for miles with a smile.

[ 07-12-2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

drpep
07-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I saw a flashing sign outside a Mcds in Brunswick, GA advertising the 42oz drink.

ramonazo
07-12-2005, 10:41 PM
BTW, Get me out of the doubt, when I went to U.S. and I bought a Fountain Coke from the restaurant, it tasted a little bit like bleach, It's because of the ice?

Mr Zabe
07-12-2005, 11:10 PM
It's most likely due to when the fountain spray nozzles (I forget the actual name.) The cleaning solution may not have been washed off properly. Or it could be the ice. I as a pop freak always bleed out the fountain nozzle before I pour the soda pop in my cup.

Actually this only needs to be done when the soda pop fountain has been not used in a while. It's possible that some stale syrup could be left in the line.

I'm sure the experts who deal with this stuff all day long can give you a better answer.

[ 07-12-2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]