PDA

View Full Version : cedar rapids, IA

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-27-2004, 07:02 PM
hey guys i'm going on a trip to cedar rapids, iowa and i was wondering what i might find in this area...

will probably travel 80/90 through chicago

bigrich
05-27-2004, 08:00 PM
I am also going to Iowa next weekend but luckly Davenport and not CR. In Cedar Rapids (Cedar Nasty) you just get your basics. CCE is Coke with the normal line of products usually shipped in from Chicago or Eagan, MN, or St. Louis. Pepsi is Pepsi Americas and Seven-UP/Dr Pepper is ABC. You may find some Welches flavors and Crush flavors. Also, I have seen Mello Yello flavors there before. When you drive through the Quad Cities stop and check the selection, especially Pepsi Products. A.D. Huesing http://www.huesing.com the local distributer co-ops from WIS-PAK and carrys Nu-Grape, DR. Slice, & sometimes many other Slice flavors. Glass returnable 12-oz Pepsi's were discontinued two years ago. You might find Fanta Citrus as I found Fanta Berry, Lemon, and a few others last summer.

[ 05-27-2004, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

bigrich
05-27-2004, 09:55 PM
This is off topic but in N. Illinois & Eastern Iowa check out a Maid Rite Restaurant. Best loosemeat sandwiches around.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-28-2004, 12:32 AM
ha! big rich, i'll take any advice, thanks smile.gif

NLE Dan
05-28-2004, 02:47 AM
You won't find a whole lot. If you want to find anything out of the ordinary stop by a Gasby's gas station. They tend to have the largest selection of brands.