PDA

View Full Version : Skybox

SamC
05-30-2004, 04:40 PM
www.skyboxbymaytag.com (http://www.skyboxbymaytag.com)

Home can or bottle vending machine, holds 64 cans. Not coin operated. Made by Maytag, which is Dixie-Narco. Sold at Home Depot, among other places. $500.

Shatter
05-30-2004, 11:29 PM
They've been showing commercials for it a lot lately. I don't care for it, though. I'd like an actual honest-to-goodness soda vending machine. Especially one that would fit 12 oz. glass longnecks.

teamtitan512
05-31-2004, 12:14 AM
I like the idea of a vending machine in the house, but you can get one off eBay that's a normal everyday one. Delivery's a little rough, but oh well.

glassbottlesrule
05-31-2004, 08:34 AM
It took me over a year to get the right one but I got a great one offa e-bay. Only bid on ones that are close enough to drive to, mine was about a ten-hour round trip. You can pick up a nice late sixties to early seventies slant shef, which are the bottle machines with the door to pull the bottles out of for less than that sky-box thing. A little but of cleaning up and you have the coolest converstation piece around. Also, there's nothing better then reaching in and pulling out a nice frosty cool beverage.

teamtitan512
05-31-2004, 06:28 PM
I forgot I had this because it's not in use, but I have an old 1950's era Westinghouse-made Coca-Cola bottle cooler, complete w/an opener on the outside. It was used by an Esso station that was below my grandparent's house. When it closed, my grandfather somehow got it, and it's been part of the family ever since. Pretty cool.

I kind of wanted a vending machine, but this is far cooler. Too bad it's a little dinged up and rusted in a few spots, but that does show its antique character. I still might get some kind of a fountain machine though ;) .