PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for International Sodas (For Taste-Testing)

bluredoasis
06-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Give me a list of best international beverages, you have had or have heard of.
Thanks..

jblaviback
06-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Cola turka, super hard to find. It can be ordered over the interent though. Just search google. It is sweetend with real sugar and has just a little more spice to it than coke and pepsi.

DGibb
06-21-2006, 05:06 PM
From Japan:
CC Lemon - a very lemony pop with 1000mg of vitamin C.
Lemon Squash - a very sour lemony pop.
Mitsuya Cider - a 'cider' drink. Japan's lemon lime mix. Better than America's.
Fanta Melon - fluorescent green and oh so delicious. The best pop in the world.
Fanta Peach - who isn't interested in a peach flavored pop?
Pocari Sweat, Life Partner Dakara, Amino Supli - all of these are sports drinks with a light citrus flavor. Very good and refreshing.
Ramune - fizzy and delicious, it has a wholly different opening mechanism.

Can you tell I enjoyed my beverages while living in Japan? Oh, how I miss thee, Melon Soda...

shadowlp06
06-22-2006, 03:43 AM
Awhile back I posted a topic about going to CocaCola World and trying the World Sampler, if you go to that post there are several Int'l Beverages to try. There is an excellent apple soda out of China or Japan I can't recall. Good luck in your test.

fusion
06-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Africola
Bundaberg
Mezzomix

BATBL18
06-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Shadow I believe that soda is called Smart. It's a chinese brand and they make a Smart Watermelon and Smart Apple that I know of. I've had the Smart Watermelon and it was very refreshing.

reset man
06-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Feel Good Drinks U.K. http://www.feelgooddrinks.co.uk/

bluredoasis
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Fusion, Where can I find these in the MD/DC/VA area? love to have and try these,, thanks again

BATBL18, Love to try these also, where to find?

fusion
07-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Bundaberg is at Cost Plus. Can't get the other two in the US, from what I know.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
From here...

Fanta Tamarindo
Fanta Sangria
Fanta Peach
Fanta Tutti-frutti
Senzao guarana
Fresca (grapefruit and pink grapefruit)
Manzana Lift (red apple, green apple and golden apple)
and the new Ciel Naturae sodas with sucralose (Jamaica, Lemon and Peach flavors)

BATBL18
07-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
Bundaberg is at Cost Plus. Can't get the other two in the US, from what I know. Africola I have seen in some markets around. I believe it was imported at some time by a place in Seattle area?

I do know that Mezzo Mix is hard to find. Mezzo Mix is cola with orange in it, I know that they have some fountain versions at the World of Coke in Atlanta, also at Club Cool inside Epcot at Disneyworld. However it is not available in bottles or cans in the US as far as I know. For a canned version of Mezzo Mix I know that you can purchase some from German Deli: http://www.germandeli.com/beverage1-carbonated.html

chuncken
07-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Well, here's my obvious response:

Lemon Fanta. It can be obtained most easily (at least for me) in the US as the Polish "Fanta Lemonic" at many Polish grocery stores.

You have no idea how much of this I had in Spain, and how hard it was to lug 24 cans of it back.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by chuncken:
You have no idea how much of this I had in Spain, and how hard it was to lug 24 cans of it back. Yes I have... I carried twenty 20 oz. soda bottles separated in four different bags from Vegas to Aguascalientes (including the luggage with my clothes)... I came home with my arms and shoulders all screwed... but all the effort worth it... :D

[ 07-21-2006, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

bluredoasis
07-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks for all suggestions, I'll look at the different markets we have here in the Washington D.C. Metro Area. I am sure I'll find some. Thanks Again..