PDA

View Full Version : Berkley and Jensen????

drpep
06-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Someone returned for deposit a bunch of Berkley and Jensen soda cans. They are distributed by DJWC from Massachusets. The flavors were Root Beer, Orange, Lemon Lime, Grape and Cola. I found these in the bottle return area where I work in Salamanca, NY. We get a lot of out of town folks visiting the nearby park so I believe these are not local. Any info?

.:.[S.H.C.].:.
06-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Hmmmmm...Sorry, I don't think I've heard of either one of those! lol Are they like store-brand or generic cola or is it the real deal?

treetoptom
06-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I've seen lots of different Berkley and Jensen products (including water, but I don't remember sodas) at BJ's Wholesale Clubs. My guess would be that's where they came from.

BATBL18
06-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. NYSE: BJ is a membership-only warehouse club chain operating in the eastern United States from Maine to Florida, as well as in the state of Ohio.

The company was started by Zayre, a discount department store chain, in 1984, on the Medford/Malden border. This was and still is the company's flagship store.

When Zayre sold their own nameplate to Ames, a rival discount department store, TJX Companies was formed which owned BJ's, until it became an independent company.

As of April 6, 2006, BJ's operates 164 BJ's and 2 ProFoods Restaurant supply clubs. Today, BJ's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "BJ". The letters B and J are commonly misinterpreted to stand for Berkley and Jensen which is also a brand name sold in their stores. The company was named after the founder's daughter, Betsy Jane. BJ's competitors include Sam's Club and Costco Wholesale clubs.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-01-2006, 02:39 PM
beeeeeeej

Mr Zabe
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Back in the 1980's Zayer was a big player in the discount general merchandise business(like K-Mart). I remember when the BJ's Warehouse first came on the scene in Chicago.

My family and extended family were blown away. What a mind numbing experience. We were buying 48 rolls of TP like mad men and women. Who could beat 17 cents a roll? LMAO