PDA

View Full Version : Mello Yello Rumors...

Mello Yello Luver
07-12-2005, 11:59 PM
I have heard some rumors that Mello Yello will be dropped at the end of the summer. Is this true? It better not be or here comes savemelloyello.org
LOL!!

HomeGrown
07-13-2005, 12:59 AM
its good news for us (fello surge lovers) that means VAULT will be going natinal.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-13-2005, 08:05 AM
I've heard that even if Vault goes national, that they'll keep Mello Yello. It has a pretty hardcore following.

SEV

[ 07-13-2005, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: SnappleElementsVenom ]

Dr. Galaga
07-13-2005, 11:45 AM
I've noticed lately that restaurants are not carrying ML.
"What kind of soda do you have?"
"Coke products"
"I'll take a Mello Yellow"
"Sorry, we don't have that"

Mr Zabe
07-13-2005, 12:03 PM
The restaurants that I go to that serve coke products as a rule never have Mellow Yellow as a choice. Some time the McDonalds self service fountains have Mellow Yellow.

The restaurants that serve Pepsi products just about 100% of the time have Mountain Dew.

Go Figure?

[ 07-13-2005, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

PepsiBlue
07-13-2005, 12:10 PM
will Philly get vault?

mjb1124
07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
I can find Mello Yello in some convenience store fountains, and in Target snack bars, but that's about it. No loss for me though - I can't stand the stuff.

bigrich
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I just returned from Columbus, OH and CCE usually ships Mello Yello there from Cincinnati or Indianapolis. The freshest cans were from Eagan, MN. This could mean the end to Mello Yello as CCE often distributes its remaining containers this way.

[ 07-13-2005, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

pepsidew
07-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
The restaurants that I go to that serve coke products as a rule never have Mellow Yellow as a choice. Some time the McDonalds self service fountains have Mellow Yellow.

The restaurants that serve Pepsi products just about 100% of the time have Mountain Dew.

Go Figure? thats because mountain dew owns mellow smellow

Mello Yello Luver
07-13-2005, 07:47 PM
pepsidew: "thats because mountain dew owns mellow smellow"

Not In The Carolinas. In some areas of NC,SC. Mello Yello outsells DEW.

Mr Zabe
07-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Ok, what's the story?

I doubled checked the Coca Cola website and I verified that Coca Cola does indeed own Mellow Yellow.

Did Pepsi recently acquire Mellow Yellow. For years I was sure Coke owned Mellow Yellow.

What's the deal or am I the victim of a board joke?

Hollow Man
07-13-2005, 08:59 PM
What made you think Pepsi owned it? They have no need - they own Mountain Dew.

-HM

Mr Zabe
07-13-2005, 09:12 PM
"thats because mountain dew owns mellow smellow"

Could this mean MD is better than Mellow Yellow?

I may of had a brain freeze. I thought it meant MD owns (legally) Mellow Yellow. (I have been sick in bed all day. My bad.)

[ 07-13-2005, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
07-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
I have heard some rumors that Mello Yello will be dropped at the end of the summer. Is this true? It better not be or here comes savemelloyello.org
LOL!! In Mexico we should release a website called: salvemosabeat.org (savebeat.org)

http://www.contal.com/images/Beat.JPG

[ 07-14-2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

HomeGrown
07-13-2005, 11:02 PM
id beat like mello yello or what the hell is that

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Ramon, does Beat taste like Mello Yello?

SEV

ramonazo
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
To be honest, I've never tried Mello Yello, only Surge, but I saw once in the The Coca-Cola Company website that they mention Beat as the Mexican Mello-Yello. Like in U.S., Beat is only available in few cities... or no longer available, for example here in Ags. is no longer available, same as Mexican Mountain Dew.

PSOmasterX77
07-14-2005, 12:07 PM
I can't imagine an America without Mountain Dew.

Mr Zabe
07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah, Mountain Dew at least for me is just as American as apple pie.

iluvsurge220
07-14-2005, 04:46 PM
I can find plenty of mello yello around here but what scared me is when i went to Atlanta. We were at the airport waiting for our flight to leave so I wanted a mello yello. I figured theyd have it at every place in the airport since atlanta is the coke capital and all, so I started looking and it wasnt anywhere. So then I went to the coke store and asked the lady where I could find mello yello and she said what? Mello Yello? This is coke country. So i said well mello yello is made by coke, and she said she didnt think they had it there. I finally found it in a vending machine in a part of the airport that i never would have found if I wasn't just wondering around. I do really want to try vault because surge was my favorite. I'd hate to see Mello Yello go though.

Mr Zabe
07-14-2005, 07:14 PM
That's like going to a St.Louis bar and being told that they don't sell Budweiser or being told Harry Carry was not a beer drinker.

Many moons ago, when I was 17. I met Harry Carry at O'Hare airport at around 9:45 am. He was at a bar waiting to travel with the Cubs. I went up the bar and got a draft. Harry looked my way and raised his cup and said "Kid this one's for you." LOL I was so excited to be served and to be toasted by Harry Carry, I almost PIMP. LMAO

True story.

[ 07-14-2005, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

TaB
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
you got beer at 17?

Just kidding, cool story.

bigrich
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Mello Yello will soon be gone. Mello Yello is being shipped into Indianapolis now from Milwaukee. As soon as the containers run out I predict we will see Vault. CCE seems to be shipping the remaining inventories of Mello Yello between local bottlers. It appears Indianapolis and Cincinnati are now out of Mello syrup.

ramonazo
07-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
Mello Yello will soon be gone. Mello Yello is being shipped into Indianapolis now from Milwaukee. As soon as the containers run out I predict we will see Vault. CCE seems to be shipping the remaining inventories of Mello Yello between local bottlers. It appears Indianapolis and Cincinnati are now out of Mello syrup. The same happened with Fresca Rosa in my town, first it was made here in Aguascalientes and after one year and a half this product was shipped from Tecoman, Colima, after a few months, Fresca Rosa in Aguascalientes... GONE!!!

tekelberry
07-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

Go Figure? That's because Mountain Dew to Pepsi is just like Sprite to Coke. Each has their competitors, Mello Yello and Sierra Mist, but both are less popular than Mountain Dew and Sprite, respectively.

PSOmasterX77
07-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Your first statement may be true, but I wouldn't call Mello Yello and Sierra Mist competitors....It'd be sprite and sierra mist.

Mr Zabe
07-16-2005, 01:09 PM
I agree. Sierra Mist was created to suck away at Sprites strong hold on the Lemon Lime mass consumption market. We all know that Sierra Mist rhymes with Sierra Piss. LOL

I just got back for my Woodman's Wisconsin mega store shopping trip. Sorry Volt was no where to be found. :(

I found Propel for $3.69 for a 6pk of 16.9 oz bottles. I brought peach and grape. Was that a good price?

ramonazo
07-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Now that I remember, there's still a citrus soda here in Mexico called "Dietafiel" from Cadbury Schweppes. It's a low calorie citrus soda, but the aftertaste is too bad. Beat and Mountain Dew tasted better...

http://www.cadburymexico.com.mx/images/dietafiel1.jpg

[ 07-21-2005, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]