PDA

View Full Version : Ugh....

SaveCitra
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
About a week ago, on a sweltering hot day, I walked to panera bread, and had a small sandwich. I bought a Jones Cream Soda to go with it. I finished the sandwich in the store, not even opening the soda, so I took it with me. About a quarter of the way home, being thirsty from both the sandwich and the heat, I opened the soda and took a big swig....Then I spit it out. This stuff is extremely sweet. I love sweet things, but this was sweet in a bad way! Also, it had this artificial taste to it. I just couldn't muster the strength to finish it, and I arrived home dehydrated. Jones cream soda is not cream soda!
*EDIT*
Maybe I should have posted this in complaints...

[ 07-13-2005, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: SaveCitra ]

POP
07-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Too bad the labels couldn't quench your thirst.
Sorry to hear about your dehydration.

PSOmasterX77
07-14-2005, 12:06 AM
SaveCitra....is panerabreads a big chain? or do you live in rochester,ny?

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-14-2005, 08:15 AM
From what I've seen, Panera tends to be the "Cosi" of the south... although I'm sure you could find it north too.

SEV

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-14-2005, 09:37 AM
panera is all over
they owned the atlanta bread company, and one other "city bread company" and turned them both into paneras.

they['ve been in michigan for quite sometime.

there's exclusive jones labels for panera.

usually a town such as metro detroit will have like 2 cosi's, and about 15 paneras.

TaB
07-14-2005, 09:49 AM
No, they still use the ABC company name as well.

We used to have an ABC. (They also bought out St. Louis Bread Company)

PSOmasterX77
07-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Oooh so if I walk into my local Panera Breads, they'll have this Jones Soda? Is that stuff rare? I'd like to try it.

Stacey
07-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Panera's are everywhere in Columbus Ohio, they are much more popular than COSI here. I like COSI better than Panera, but Panera is probably going to run COSI out of town even though COSI is a lot newer than Panera here.

jmyjunk
07-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TaB:
No, they still use the ABC company name as well.

We used to have an ABC. (They also bought out St. Louis Bread Company) Panera is the St Louis bread Company (Which still goes under that name in STL and surrounding area)
Au bon pain bought STL bread co, expanded, called it Panera outside STL metro.
Panera store/food concepts was that of STL bread Co.

[ 07-22-2005, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]