PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull in Newsweek

Red Bull Rocket
05-16-2001, 08:14 PM
Hey all you Red Bull haters...check out the Newsweek from May 14th. Have someone read it to you so you can understand it... ya stiffs!

ton
05-17-2001, 11:16 AM
do we have to love everything Newsweek writes about????????

sodalover
05-17-2001, 06:56 PM
Hey Red Bull Rocket, take a look at my Chocolate Star fish and see if you can understand that.

robbie
05-17-2001, 09:15 PM
what the heck is a chocolate star fish

please explain I love saying it

sodalover
05-18-2001, 05:57 AM
stand infront of a mirror. Now drop your pants. Turn around and grab your ancles. Look between your legs into the mirror. You will now see your chocolate star fish.

PeaceKitty
05-18-2001, 08:09 PM
Yah well i laughed.

------------------
We're all here because we're not all there.

boodoo
05-18-2001, 09:37 PM
Thanks alot sodalover, now I have this bizzare visual stuck in my head.

Sodalover
05-18-2001, 10:55 PM
Glad I could create a laugh...and by the way, Red Bull Rocket, I just read in a magazine (Entertainment Weekely) that under whats hot and what was 5 min. ago, Red Bull was listed as under 5 min. ago. So really, what does that say since it contradicts what you posted?

puck
05-19-2001, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sodalover:
Glad I could create a laugh...and by the way, Red Bull Rocket, I just read in a magazine (Entertainment Weekely) that under whats hot and what was 5 min. ago, Red Bull was listed as under 5 min. ago. So really, what does that say since it contradicts what you posted?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two years ago Wired magiazine said that Red Bull was 'over'. Are they still in business anymore?

Sodalover
05-19-2001, 03:21 PM
Puck, read what I say. Take a second to think, and then respond. Red Bull Rocket put up a post saying that since he found an article saying how good Red Bull was that everyone else who talked **** is dumb. Im saying I found an article that says its past its time. So what does that say? Nothing. An article is nothing more than an opinionated column, such as all these posts here. My point to him was, that he had no point. He found a good, so were all dumb right? Well I found a bad, so now hes dumb, right? No, I just wanted him to see that an article is not the best source to go off of.

jerryinmich
05-19-2001, 04:14 PM
The company I work for will soon begin selling Red Bull. I don't care what any article says about it, we want it and can't wait to get started.

Sodalover
05-20-2001, 06:36 PM
and you should be, its a money maker. No one said it isnt.

Red Bull Rocket
05-22-2001, 04:44 PM
Soda, your original response was so witty and clever, who helped you with it?
Actually it shows your level of intelect is on par with Bevis, no wait better yet Butthead. I suppose for you to verify the "chocolate starfish" you don't have to turn around and bend over..you must just look in the mirror.
By the way, with as many postings you have in these forums, I may recomend that instead of sitting in front of the computer 24/7 you might get out in the trade and see what consumers want and then try to understand why Red Bull has triple digit growth for the past few years.
Oh and by the way hows that "Chocolate Starfish" taste you must know because thats the only way your boss would keep you around. Enjoy you days with your second rate products and dwindling market share.

Ron Swedelson
05-22-2001, 07:09 PM
So Red Bull Rocket, are you having Homosexual fantasies about SodaLover? You thinking about him tossin your salad? Check his times of posts there Red Bull Rocket, at night and in mornings, hum...could he be out there selling durring the day? I think so...Tripple didget growth, thats good. But it isnt the best. Jones Soda has is the fastest growing brand. So while Sodalover and people like me are actually out there selling items and using our sales skills, while other people like you are free to go out and take orders and daydream about what it would be like to be a salesman again and not just take orders for your product.

Red Bull Rocket
05-23-2001, 11:32 AM
Hey Ron,
Whats up with the unprovoked hostility? I never said anything about you or the products you sell...all I did was point out that there was a good article in the May 14th Newsweek that profiled Red Bull. Then I get a insult from a supposed beverage profesional and I responded to it with facts and wit...Now I get you (another supposed beverage profesional) slinging sexual orientation slurs at me. Obviously you must be the one that has something with that "Soda Jerk" since you know that he's on at night or whenever. Listen step off the personal attacks...thats what the America Online is for...this is a BUISNESS forum stick to it.

Ron Swedelson
05-23-2001, 07:08 PM
I could tell when he was on because it says what time his posts are on the screen. And ya didnt just start out with pointing out an article. You straight up said, "Have someone read it to you so you can understand it...ya stiffs." That doesnt seem very profetional of you now does it. Then ya blast back at Sodalover and me for responding. Thats not very pofetional either now is it. Im going to say what I feel, cause frankely, no Im not a beverage profetional. I could be, but its boring. Im here to have fun, and Im damn good at my job. Why, cause I know this isnt what I will be doing for the rest of my life so I make the most out of each day. I love my accounts, my products, and my people, but to put on the corporate jacket and stay PC oneverything, now way. But just to point out to you, dont critisize others for capping on you when you did the same in your previous posts. And if you have seen me on here in the past, nothing I say is truely personal, unless you make me make it that way.

pink taco
05-23-2001, 09:26 PM
ron nos sodalover because he is sodalover p)

Ron Swedelson
05-24-2001, 02:02 AM
Damn, some one registered under my name (Sodalover) Gues Ill have to respond under my real name, but just pretend its still SodaLover talkin....Pink Taco, haha, funny name. I like that one. I could never be Ron Swedelson. Ron is just to impressive and smart. Ron Swedelson is the type of guy that you strive to be. You know you will never reach that level of greatnes, but you try anyways. With his skills and knowledge, I mean, to even compare me to him is just well, without backing. There, did I talk myself up enough...I mean talk Ron Swedelson up enough?

Don Norwegianssen
05-24-2001, 03:17 AM
... And the rocket's red glare, the bull bursting in air... gave proof through the night that the can was still there!

Oh say can you recycle anything more worthwhile..

For the land of the daft
and the home of the duhhhhh

Hey Ron in my opinion if you run into that guy you should whoop his bunda!

--- Soda enthusiast from the great North down south

Red Bull Rocket
05-24-2001, 11:27 AM
Ron,
First off, once again get you facts straight...check to post times of Soda's comments on this tread and the others he bashes Red Bull...2:32pm, 2:30 pm, 3:14pm, 2:25pm, 2:19pm along with 1:33am, 12:54pm, 3:11am, 12:52am, 1:35am...I guess it shows his social life is as pathetic as his buisness life.
Second, Yes my original posting was somewhat antagonistic, But after posting after posting of unfounded Red Bull slander I was in the mood to gloat a bit too much...no apolgy...I still feel the same.
Third, thanks for invalidating all you pass and future postings.
"Its a Beautiful day when the Red Bull sun rises behind you"

Red Bull Rocket
05-24-2001, 12:16 PM
Also check out Beverage World magazine on page 18. Red Bull is the #1 selling beverage at Store24 (a large C-store chain in Boston, bigger than 7-11 in that area) out selling ALL other beverages. Yet more unsolicited accolades.

Ron Swedelson
05-24-2001, 08:04 PM
You can have a all the bulls behind you that you want. Thats your thing. Gee, 2:30 and late at night, or early in the morning. Wow, that says a lot. Oh wait, arnt your posts mainly all durring the early afternoon? Some one else should be working shouldnt they. It looks like Sodalovers replys were afterwook and then in the early a.m. Nothing in between, guess he does have a life huh? So once again, what are your facts you are trying to state? You post durring work hours, and Sodalover doesnt? Whats the deal? Nothing invalidates what has been said. What is your basis behind that. Saying that C-store chain is bigger than 7-11 there doesnt say much. Circle K is bigger in Arizona that is 7-11. So what...Red Bull is number one, no one said it isnt. But now Whoop Ass is number 2 in the 7-11 system. I have stores that out sells Red Bull 5-1...what does that say...jack squat...cause we can all find what ever we want to prove our product is better than someone elses. Come with the facts next time and dont post things just to see your name.

puck
05-24-2001, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
I have stores that out sells Red Bull 5-1<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm damn tempted to call you a liar - name this store. I flat don't believe that there is a store in CA where whoop ass even ties Red Bull in sales, never mind outselling.

sodasommelier
05-25-2001, 12:20 AM
Well, puck... you're probably right about that! http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

Ron Swedelson
05-25-2001, 01:17 AM
Draggin Bytes Cafe in Livermore California, Blondies Pizza in Pleasant Hill California, Hutchs Car Wash, Hayward California, Main St. Sweets in Martinez California, Brain Child Entertainment (DJ store/rave promoter), dont ask me to name anymore, cause I dont think there are. But see, by picking out parts of my post you missed the point, which is not good. See, even though I was able to name some stores, we all know that it is not the majority of accounts. It just proved that you can pull anything out of your ass to make your product look good. Which then goes to the point of why you shouldnt try to use an aricle or some crap like that to try and prove to people that your brand is superior...it may help a little, but dont use it as a basis.

RedBull Rocket
05-29-2001, 07:24 PM
Hey once again your facts are wrong...I didnt say Red Bull out sold Whoop Ass in five stores in the state...I said Red Bull out sold ALL OTHER BEVERAGES...that includes Coke 20oz., Pepsi 20 oz. and Diet Coke 20oz. ALL other beverages in the entire chain.

Ron Swedelson
05-29-2001, 08:31 PM
You said for the chain of stores, I said I know of some stores. What is there to argue about. I never said your wrong or anything, just that I had some stores that out sold them, and only 5 stores at that. When will you guys understand that no one in here has said that your product does not sell?

sodasommelier
05-30-2001, 02:37 AM
Hey Ron... How about recommending Blue "Brain Wash" to "Brain Child"!!! I'll bet it would sell well there. Also, have you heard of the coffeehouse/laundromat on Folsom called "Brain Wash"? They don't even sell Brain Wash there; what's up with that?

Oh yeah... Red Bull... uh, what's that?

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

USF SPAMMER 3
07-06-2005, 11:49 PM
I think we are getting way off topic here.