PDA

View Full Version : the "Z" rebrand in UK

jobbie
06-21-2006, 04:10 PM
I was talking to a Coke rep today, he came in to check that Coke Zero is out in my store and to put up promotional stuff up. After asking him for a job, he told me that all the Z branded drinks, Dr Pepper Z, Fanta Z, Lilt Z and Sprite Z are going to be rebranded as "Zero" later this year.
He said the UK market just didnt get the "Z" thing, as Coke insist on calling it "zee" and the UK call it "zed" So on the back of Coke Zero's launch, £6 million plus advertising spend, the biggest in the UK since Diet Coke, people will understand the "zero" thing better.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
The only "Zero" we have here is Sprite Zero... but here in Mexico is numbered: "Sprite 0"

The Mole (UK)
06-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I see, well they have not told the public what Z is. Maybe that is why some don't get it.

I seam to remember a Fanta advert

Goodbye Fanta Lite hellllo Fanta Z was the tagline.

jobbie
07-19-2006, 06:21 PM
I just saw an ad on TV for Sprite Zero, looks like the normal label but with Zero underneath.

popologist
07-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by jobbie:
I just saw an ad on TV for Sprite Zero, looks like the normal label but with Zero underneath. the regular sprite packaging is blue-green and the zero version is all silver... with the same logo and a yellow "zero" underneath.

da987
07-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Popologist, Jobbie is talking about the UK version. They havejust rebranded Sprite Z as Sprite Zero. The UK logo is the same as the regular Sprite logo but has the word ZERO under it.

jobbie
08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Seen all of the new "zero rebrands" Fanta Zero, Sprite Zero, Lilt Zero and Dr.Pepper Zero. All have the same "zero" font as UK Coke Zero and uses black to highlight it.

jobbie
08-09-2006, 03:53 PM
All the "zeros" have a black cap with only the word zero on. My coke rep said that Coke zero will follow suit and the red caps for coke zero have stopped and will sell thru, so they will become rare!