PDA

View Full Version : TaB outselling Mello Yello?

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-23-2006, 12:41 PM
just recently the TaB 12 packs here have changed over to the new "big can" look, but the mello yello ones still are not... i am wondering if tab is actually outselling mello yello, or if the woodmans here just has bad stock rotation

Mr Zabe
06-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Rob,
I'll be shopping at the Kenosha Woodman's this Saturday morning. I'll double check the TAB and MY fridge packs. TAB and MY do not sell well so I would not be surprise if the MY is older stock.

Zabe

NRGSLLR
06-23-2006, 05:33 PM
This coming from a loyal (maybe the only) TAB drinker, Tab has no equal, it is unique. Mello Yello on the other hand just can't compete with Dew. By your nickname, I would assume you used to prefer Surge, I think MY is in for the same fate.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-23-2006, 05:46 PM
oh yes i perfered surge... and yeah, i really think with dew out there and with the intro of vault, mello yello doesnt stand a fighting chance in hell, lol

popologist
06-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR:
This coming from a loyal (maybe the only) TAB drinker, Tab has no equal, it is unique. Mello Yello on the other hand just can't compete with Dew. By your nickname, I would assume you used to prefer Surge, I think MY is in for the same fate. i actually tried a TaB last year, and... initially, it tasted pretty good (a lot like coke zero, to me), but, THEN... that saccharin after taste kicked in and... that's what ruined it for me.

would you be totally upset if coke made TaB its splenda drink?

TaB has a lot of nostalgic value as a brand to a lot of babyboomer women, and... an update with splenda may breath new life into its sales... and rescue the brand from oblivion.

from what i understand, the CEO of coke switched from TaB to Coke Zero last year... which can't be good news for TaB.

Mr Zabe
06-24-2006, 02:12 PM
I saw 3 facings of MY fridge packs at Woodman's and 2 facings of TAB fridge packs. I saw cases of the new sprite design and cases of Vault. The Sprite cases(24ct) looked awesome. Very appealing. Coca Cola did a great job with the new Sprite design.

nWoAssassin94
06-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Down here in NC where I live, I've seen several new-style Mello Yello 12-packs.

fusion
06-24-2006, 07:57 PM
The Sprite Zero 24 pack is also very sharp looking, a big improvement over the last version.

I realize that "Diet Sprite Zero" was just a transitional name, but it still sounded so stupid.

People are already asking if Sprite Zero is a new drink.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-24-2006, 09:26 PM
here on our sprite zero 20 oz bottles, it says "same great taste!"

popologist
06-25-2006, 06:06 AM
it will be interesting to see if sprite's sales surge (er, vault) this year because of the new design and "cool" ads.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-25-2006, 04:55 PM
i normally hated sprite, but after seeing about 20 of the new commercials, i led me to so far drinking 6 .5 liters, 12 cans, 3 20 oz bottles and a 2 liter of regular sprite, and 2 20 oz bottles of sprite zero

Mr Zabe
06-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Rob
I would say you have gone "Sprite Crazy". LOL
I drank a bottle of Sprite (20oz) last Thursday. The new design looked great and it tasted great.

[ 06-25-2006, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

popologist
06-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
i normally hated sprite, but after seeing about 20 of the new commercials, i led me to so far drinking 6 .5 liters, 12 cans, 3 20 oz bottles and a 2 liter of regular sprite, and 2 20 oz bottles of sprite zero so, even though you don't like sprite, you've been drinking it just because you like the commercials?!?

LOL! now that's funny.

Mr Zabe
06-25-2006, 08:24 PM
LMAO....Coca Cola has a brilliant marketing plan.LOL

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-26-2006, 02:04 AM
no, for some reason, i like sprite now... i cant put my finger on why though...

XLS_04
06-26-2006, 02:08 AM
TaB does not sell well here at all. I was told the only reason they do have it is because of older people that liked the taste of it growing up. It is only sold in 6 pack cans because here, it is also only available in the larger chain supermarkets.

As far as Mello Yello our bottler has not produced that in nearly 10 years. It has been a tough drink to find in the North East as well.

DMC
06-26-2006, 10:58 AM
we've got mello yello in the new big can look. i think the last fridgepack we were waiting on to change was our fanta grape. that one took forever. even our coke w/lime packaging changed. i haven't been able to find out, no one here at the coke plant seems to know, but are the 24-packs going to go to the big can style as well??

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-26-2006, 01:50 PM
i dont think the 24 packs are going "big can", because we have the new sprite and fanta logos on them, and they are still normal

SURGE
06-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah I think the 24 packs are not going big can style.