PDA

View Full Version : any word on when 7up Plus is coming out?

Robot
06-07-2004, 03:53 AM
i loves me them splenda sodas..

and this one sounds cool with the vitamins and what not..

will definately be picking this stuff up in en masse when it hits shelves...

i currently pound like 2-3 diet rite colas or diet RC's a day, they are amazingly good..

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-07-2004, 09:30 AM
okay jimmy. simply post this question in the "7Up Plus" post.

Another example: Post that diet red fusion question in the dr pepper post, where all things dp are.

Robot
06-07-2004, 12:02 PM
why? this board isnt that active that it cant stand some more "concise" postings, no?

the dr pepper thread is 12 pages long, it has no focus, and if someone specifically knew about diet red fusion, why would they go into that thread, by chance?

seriously, when I post a thread with a question about a soda, it doesnt hurt anyone, it allows anyone wondering the same thing an easy thread to click on (instead of having to search thru "related" threads), and its not like this place is a fountain of postings... there are like 10 people! so i really dont think we need to whine about it!

teamtitan512
06-07-2004, 04:08 PM
This one sounds interesting. Vitamin-enriched 7Up. If this catches on, I hope they start pumping vitamins in all sodas, so it shuts up the health food nuts saying you get nothing from soda. Then, put the pure cane sugar back in, and soda sales soar to never before seen proportions.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-07-2004, 07:18 PM
you're whining, i'm just ordering you to do it.

Shatter
06-07-2004, 09:12 PM
I'd like to see added calcium in sodas. Caffeine slowly diminishes the body's calcium. Experts say that if you drink a glass of milk a day, it's perfectly fine. But I hate milk, and am also lactose intolerant. I always need another source of calcium, other than tablets. I'm not good at swallowing pills, so it would be nice to have a vitamin soda - that didn't taste like ground up vitamins.

drpep
06-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Ya gotta a question you start a topic tongue.gif

fizzbizz
06-12-2004, 01:14 PM
keep asking the questions Jimmy so I don't have to hunt. Is "Run" a moderator or just the senior member of the board?

fizzbizz
06-12-2004, 01:15 PM
by the way, I think Plus is due out by Labor Day

Robot
06-12-2004, 07:52 PM
great, i cant wait to try this 7up Plus, I imagine it will be quite tasty... and guilt-free...

and i am not sure why the nazi-esque tactics regarding me starting a new topic for questions... i dont want to post EVERY single question about various dr.pepper products in a general thread called "dr. pepper"... i dont read EVERY thread, so i dont like to personally have to search.. whereas if i make a specific thread about 7up Plus, I actually get some responses from people who might be in the know or also interested in the soda. not sure who Run is, but its not like he'd ban someone for posting legitimate topics and generating actual conversation on a message board that isnt exactly busy.

PhillySteve
06-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Shatter:
I'd like to see added calcium in sodas. Caffeine slowly diminishes the body's calcium. Experts say that if you drink a glass of milk a day, it's perfectly fine. But I hate milk, and am also lactose intolerant. I always need another source of calcium, other than tablets. I'm not good at swallowing pills, so it would be nice to have a vitamin soda - that didn't taste like ground up vitamins. From DPSU's press release:
7 UP PLUS combines the crisp, clean refreshing taste of 7 UP with a splash of real fruit juice. A 12-oz. serving would provide a good source of calcium and vitamin C according to U.S. RDI (reference daily intake) guidelines.

fizzbizz
06-19-2004, 11:09 AM
had a sample of Plus recently and it was awesome. The Splenda completly masks any aftertaste. The light berry flavor is perfect. Just think...a soft drink that has juice, vitamins, 10 calories and 2 carbs and still tastes great. This should make some waves in the anemic lemon lime category and make a few Pepsi bottlers who dropped 7 Up think again.

mjb1124
06-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by fizzbizz:
This should make some waves in the anemic lemon lime category and make a few Pepsi bottlers who dropped 7 Up think again. That's a nice thought but it's more likely that Pepsi's solution to this would be a similar variation of Sierra Mist.

fizzbizz
06-19-2004, 09:55 PM
don't think they can due to splenda supplies

mjb1124
06-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by fizzbizz:
don't think they can due to splenda supplies Well, they have no problem with using Splenda in Pepsi Edge and various Tropicana products. And unlike Coke, they don't make their Splenda products more expensive. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Pepsi switch more products to Splenda soon.

fizzbizz
06-20-2004, 09:21 PM
The difference is that Edge is a blend of Splenda and HFCS. Plus is 100% Splenda...a big difference.